Analytical Chemist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and outcome-focused analytical chemist, with hands-on experience in ESI-MS, MALDI-MS, IMS-MS, HPLC-MS and GPC, coupled with well-honed expertise in mass spectrometry analysis, comparative effectiveness methodologies, curriculum/program design, and research and development. Interested in pursuing a challenging yet rewarding career to leverage extensive research, critical thinking, and communication skills within the pharmaceutical industry and the government sector as well as to utilize knowledge and abilities in a variety of scientific and research functions.
- Equipped with outstanding organizational and analytical skills in evaluating and revising scientific research processes as well as in improving accuracy and efficiency.
- Quick-thinker and effective problem solver, with the ability to synthesize diverse and complicated information to produce rapid solutions.
- Highly adaptable and trainable; able to quickly learn and apply complex technical concepts.
- Articulate public speaker and writer; expert in presenting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Fluent in Serbian, Croatian, and English languages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Origin Graphing Software, Data Analysis, Flex Analysis, Mass Lynks, and DriftScope
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Chemistry | 2011
THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON, MASS SPECTROMETRY LABORATORY, AKRON, OH
- Composition and Stability of Non-Covalent Complexes Between Poly (ethylene imine) and Single-Stranded Deoxyoligonucleotides
- Ternary Complexes of Single-Stranded Deoxyoligonucleotides, Glutamic Acid / Poly (glutamic acid), and Poly (ethylene imine)
- Elucidating Phenolic Components from Black Raspberry Extracts by HPLC-MS and MS/MS
- Identification of Functionalities in High Molecular Weight Polymers by MS and MS/MS
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry | 2007
WHEELING JESUIT UNIVERSITY, WHEELING, WV
THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON, AKRON, OH
Graduate Research Assistant, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory
Provide detailed explanation of composition and stability of non-covalent complexes between poly (ethylene imine) and single-stranded deoxyoligonucleotides as well as of ternary complexes among poly (ethylene imine), single-stranded deoxyoligonucleotides and glutamic acid/poly (glutamic acid) by mass spectrometry (MS), multistage mass spectrometry (MS/MS) and ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) through use of ESI-Q-IMS-TOF (Synapt, HDMS). Conduct routine maintenance of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF).
- Effectively utilized the HPLC-ESI-QIT in executing high-performance liquid chromatography electrospray-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS) and MS/MS to classify the phenolic components from black raspberry extracts.
- Streamlined instrumental and sample preparatory procedures in detecting non-covalent complexes between poly (ethylene imine) and nucleic acid components by MS and MS/MS on ESI-QIT and MALDI-TOF.
- Studied and analyzed service samples for the mass spectrometry laboratory.
- Mentored an undergraduate research student at the University of Akron.
Teaching Assistant | 2007-2009
Rendered instructional curriculum and mentored students regarding general chemistry laboratories. Facilitated lectures on laboratory techniques, emphasizing resolution of chemistry problems.
GOODYEAR TIRE & RUBBER CO., AKRON, OH
Research Intern | 2009-2010
Described functional groups in high molecular weight polymers through MS, MS/MS and IMS utilizing MALDI-TOF and ESI-Q-IMS-TOF (Synapt, HDMS). Conducted extensive MS analysis upon completion of Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC) for fractionation of polymers with high polydispersity.
- Minimized high molecular weight polymers through metathesis reactions prior to MS analysis.
- Employed TLC technique to separate polar and non-polar functionalities in molecular weight reduced polymers.
- Exemplified phenolic and hydrocarbon resins through the use of MALDI-TOF and ESI-QIT.
American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)