Athletic Director Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented professional, offering comprehensive knowledge and experience in sports management honed through active participation in various community activities associated with sports. Equipped with proven track record of applying rationalized and flexible coaching strategy to better improve all levels of performers. Adept at delivering academic excellence by implementing athletic events that enhance students’ academic outlook. Proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in designing financially effective sports activities. Highly dependable and able to maintain composure in delivering coaching skills. Team player, exhibiting excellent verbal and written communication skills to establish and foster integrity, sportsmanship, and professionalism among athletes.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Created and implemented student personnel policies, such as code of ethics.
- Formulated budget and allotted spending on items, which included coach’s salaries, team travel, equipment purchases, and facility maintenance.
- Served as administrator providing hands-on leadership in high school levels.
- Performed hiring and effective supervision of coaches.
- Facilitated any disputes between athletes and coaches or between coaches.
- Worked together with other school administrators to ensure student athletes passed the academic eligibility for a given sport.
- Offered individual and group counseling on personal problems, educational and vocational objectives, as well as social and recreational activities.
- Discussed with and implemented disciplinary action to students with attendance and behavior problems.
- Inspected school building and property to monitor and ensure safety and security within the campus.
- Assumed full responsibility in observing and evaluating teacher performance.
- Rendered assistance to the principal in interviewing and hiring teachers; skillfully carried out his duties during his absence.
ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS MANAGEMENT
- Supervised school student personnel program in secondary school; guided and disciplined students.
- Coordinated students’ assemblies and athletic events.
- Forge participation in planning and organizing conferences and leagues, handling the scheduling and other issues.
- Arranged reports on the status of each team as well as their successes and shortcomings.
- Played a leadership role in overseeing the school’s sports program.
- Interfaced with officials and umpires at games and administered the budget for their pay.
- Directed all efforts in conceptualizing and directing school student activity programs.
- Expertly handled teacher supervision of various areas.
- Administered and updated the records of student attendance.
- Collaborated with administrators to manage and supervise student teachers program.
- Worked closely with coaches to identify and organize the scheduling of games and practices.
- Function as travel coordinator, communicating with diverse individuals while planning trips.
- Developed and facilitated in-service teacher training.
GILBERT PUBLIC SCHOOLS (CAMPO VERDE HIGH SCHOOL), GILBERT, AZ
Assistant Principal-Athletics | 10th Grade Administrator | Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach
MESA PUBLIC SCHOOLS (MOUNTAIN VIEW HIGH SCHOOL), MESA, AZ
Assistant Principal-Activities | 10th Grade Administrator
CHANDLER PUBLIC SCHOOLS (HAMILTON HIGH SCHOOL), CHANDLER, AZ
Dean of Students | 9th Grade Administrator
GILBERT PUBLIC SCHOOLS (DESERT RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL), MESA, AZ
School Guidance Counselor | Mathematics Teacher | Varsity Girls Golf Coach
PHOENIX HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT (CESAR CHAVEZ HIGH SCHOOL), LAVEEN, AZ
Mathematics Teacher | Varsity Baseball Coach | Varsity Golf Coach
DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS (WEST HIGH SCHOOL), DENVER, CO
Mathematics Teacher | Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach
Certificate Program in Educational Administration (2007)
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, PHOENIX, AZ
Master of Arts in Educational Counseling (2001)
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, DENVER, CO
Bachelor of Science in Human Services (1996)
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FULLERTON, FULLERTON, CA
Standard Secondary Education – Mathematics (2008-Present)
Guidance Counselor, Pre-K-12 (2008-Present)
Principal K-12 (2007-Present)
Qualified Evaluator Level I and II Training
SASI Training | Intel Teach to the Future
Team Building In-Service with Bill Fulton
AVID Training, Site Leader
Trained and implemented project-based learning
Presented “Census 2000″ at a project-based learning conference
AWARDS AND HONORS
Athletic Direction of the Year – Desert Sky Region (2010-2011)
Desert Ridge High School Coach of Year (2003-2004)
Coach of the Year Runner-Up – Fiesta Region (2000-2001)
Arizona Interscholastic Association-Member | Region Representative (School Year 2010-2011)
Queen Creek Little League Officer (2008-2009)