Chaplain Resume Sample
Chaplain Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
CHAPLAIN, RELIGIOUS COORDINATOR
BEREAVEMENT COUNSELOR/COORDINATOR, VICTIM ADVOCATE
Optimistic, compassionate, goal-oriented, and insightful professional, with comprehensive background in parish ministry along with proficiency in executing religious education programs.
- Applying highly moral and righteous consulting style in providing training, education, advise, and religious services to ndividuals from various cultural, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds.
- Characteristically accentuating discipleship of believers, proficiently planning, coordinating, facilitating, and teaching more than 30 military singles and couples retreats in California, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado.
- Diligently introducing a system of team leaders to oversee the ministry.
- Establishing positive relationships with groups from diverse cultures, ages, professions, and economic levels.
- Initiating the expansion and definition of the church’s outreach ministry, including multiple humanitarian missions throughout Western Afghanistan (62,000 square miles).
- Providing direct support in the implementation of a church-wide discipleship program.
- Simplifying ministries while aiding individuals and families during dying, grief, and crisis situations.
- Program Development
- Spiritual Formation and Consultation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Spiritual Program Administration
- Organization and Presentation
- Communication Skills
- Hands-On Instruction College Level
- Problem Identification and Resolution
- Leadership and Development
Technical Skills: WordPerfect; MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook); Macintosh Operating System (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion); iLife; and Search Engines (Google, WebCrawler, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Netscape, and Opera)
Typing Speed: 100 WPM
UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE, Domestic and International Locations
Chaplain | 2006-2011
- Assumed a leadership role in supporting all levels of staff by accomplishing fieldwork in Texas, Nevada, Arizona, and California as well as in Afghanistan.
- Applied person-centered approach in encouraging and counseling individuals regarding life challenges, dying, and grief as well as other crisis situations.
- Administered several religious services, such as rites and sacraments along with baptisms, memorial ceremonies, and funerals.
- Performed well as a cultural liaison, mentor, and subject matter expert for military staff, international organizations, and local populations on issues regarding ethics, morale, religious education, and other social norms.
UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE, MO and KS
Chaplain Candidate | 2003-2006
- Leveraged skills in counseling individuals from different walks of life on ways to cope with various life issues.
- Proficiently performed religious services and ceremonies, along with offering rites and sacraments and supporting military and civilian religious programs.
- Led strategic efforts in developing church newsletters, bulletins, presentations, and speeches as well as in facilitating fundraising events.
Cable Technician, UNIVERSITY OF Abc, Laramie, WY
Computer Systems Specialist, UNITED STATES ARMY, National and International Locations
Coursework toward Master of Science in Counseling/ Mental Health Counseling, 2011
UNIVERSITY OF Cde, Santa Teresa, NM
Master of Divinity, 2006
Efg SEMINARY, Springfield, MO
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, 2002
UNIVERSITY OF Abc, Laramie, WY
- Core Hospice Training
- Chaplain Basic Officer Leadership Course, 2005 and 2006
- Military Occupational Specialty (56A), Fort Jackson, SC
- Signal Support Systems Specialist Training, 1996
- Military Occupational Specialty (25U), Fort Gordon, GA
- Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program Instructor Certification
- Pastoral Crisis Intervention Certification
- Suicide Prevention/Intervention Certification
- Family Wellness Instructor Certification
- Life Changers Instructor Certification
- Active Relationships Instructor Certification
- Marital Relationships Instructor Certification
- Program Instructor Certification
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- Good Conduct Medal
- Overseas Service Ribbons (2)
- National Defense Ribbon
- Afghanistan Campaign Ribbon
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Ribbon
- Reserve Component Service Ribbon with M Device
- Army Service Ribbon