Contracts Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Accomplished and highly motivated Certified Paralegal with more than 20 years of experience in a variety of legal subject areas; seeking a contracts manager/senior paralegal position within corporate legal department where effective communication, negotiation skills, and leadership capabilities would be fully utilized and expanded. Equipped with proficiency in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating diverse professional service agreements. Adept at creating contractual instruments in accordance with prescribed guidelines.
- Contract and Transactional Law
- Contracts Documentation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Relations
- Leadership and Development
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe, Workshare DeltaView, Emptoris Contract Management, TRIM Context Document Management, EMC Documentum eRoom,Merrill DataSite, Concur (Expense Reporting), and other Web-Based Applications/Programs
Company Abc | Frazer, PA
Contracts Paralegal | 2007-Present
- Render exceptional performance as paralegal support resource to corporate/commercial group of the Corporate Legal Department for biotechnology pharmaceutical company.
- Provide primary management to contract review, negotiation, and approval of various company agreements across numerous business units (Finance, Information Technology, Business Development, Research and Development, Technical Operations, Quality Assurance, Commercial Operations and Compliance) and involving many legal subject areas.
- Educate business on potential legal and financial impacts relating to contractual terms, escalating complex legal issues as necessary, and handling sensitive, proprietary, and confidential information.
- Proficiently administer special projects involving due diligence activities, development of US corporate contracting policy and department standard operating procedure, and support to in-house and outside counsel concerning litigation matters.
- Function as departmental group leader for implementation and integration of enterprise contract management system, during all phases of implementation from design and build to qualification to adoption.
- Managed and coordinated due diligence activities relating to the pending acquisition of Cephalon, Inc. by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., which included identification and provision of more than 15,000 documents in an expeditious timeframe.
- Made major contributions in the successful launch of an enterprise contract management system by performing various duties and initiatives, such as vendor selection, creation of business and user requirements, project plan and implementation timeline, system configuration, user acceptance testing, end user training and end user support.
- Applied expertise in mentoring and training new employees, contractors and interns regarding company contract policies and procedures.
Company Def | Wayne, PA
Contracts Specialist II | 2003-2007
- Demonstrated thoroughness in providing outstanding contract negotiation support for approximately 30 senior and strategic sales account executives for technology services company.
- Attended and participated in numerous negotiations while applying independent and well-thought-out decisions within company policy, procedures, and general practice guidelines.
- Delivered exemplary service in performing various tasks, such as negotiation of new North American customer technology contracts for disaster recovery services, professional services and managed IT services; review and interpretation of existing customer contract terms and conditions; drafting of customized contract addenda to modify existing customer contracts; evaluation and discussion of confidentiality agreements; research of contract issues; and preparation of responses to request for proposals.
- Exercised good judgment in prioritizing and escalating legal contract issues to assistant general counsel, as necessary, while interfacing with senior level executives.
- Awarded President’s Club for Outstanding Achievement, 2005
- Acknowledged for outstanding performance, 2004
Cozen O’Connor | West Conshohocken, PA
Litigation Paralegal and Notary Public | 2001-2003
- Managed medical malpractice, wrongful death, personal injury and subrogation cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.
- Performed well in conducting legal research; analyzing documents; preparation of pleadings; drafting responses to discovery requests; drafting motions; scheduling depositions; monitoring case management deadlines and Statute of Limitations; digesting deposition transcripts; preparation of settlement conference memoranda; and preparation of trial documents.
- Collaboratively worked with insurance adjusters, opposing counsel, medical providers and experts as well as attended client meetings and accompanied clients to independent medical examinations.
Paralegal Certificate | 1990
XYZ University | Media, PA
- Powerful Listening Skills, 2011 – National Seminars Group, a Division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc.
- Effective Communication Skills, 2010 –National Seminars Group, a Division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc.
- Understanding Damages and Indemnities in Commercial Contracts, 2010—Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)
- Key Steps to Planning Successful Training Programs, 2010—Springhouse Education
- To Save and Keep Harmless: The Role of Indemnity and Insurance in Business Transactions, 2009—Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)
- Negotiations: Power, Process, Principles, 2004—International Computer Negotiations, Inc. (ICN)
- Advanced Legal Drafting for Pennsylvania Paralegals, 2003—Institute for Paralegal Education
- Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for Pennsylvania Paralegals, 2002—Institute for Paralegal Education