Corporate Controller Resume Sample
Corporate Controller Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Strategic Business Planning | Financial Operations | Payroll Management | Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis | Auditing and Compliance | P&L Management | Budgeting and Forecasting | Profitability Improvement
Remarkably astute and analytical professional with 23 years of hands-on experience in diverse accounting and finance management, human resources, facilities administration, and policy interpretation and implementation. Versatile with excellent ability to work independently or as part of a team. Highly skilled in financial and accounting analyses, combined with strong organizational, communication, and leadership abilities. Accustomed to handling staff supervision and development, records and files management, interdepartmental communications, correspondence, and project coordination.
- Broad understanding of financial audit requirements and procedures in all business levels, including evaluation, analysis, tracking, and communication of financial data.
- Demonstrated strengths and capabilities in managing conflicting deadlines and priorities; accept responsibilities beyond immediate job duties and accomplish special projects at management’s request.
- Extensive background in various aspects of financial reporting, bank reconciliation, and internal accounting controls, along with expertise in sales reports, cash flow analyses, payroll, inventory control, internal audits, and accounts receivable and payable.
Corporate Controller / Vice President
Company CDE, Needham, MA | 1995–Present
Assume budgeting responsibilities, such as budget planning and variance analysis. Perform human resources functions, such as hiring, managing, and providing training to all accountants as well as accounts receivable (A/R), accounts payable (A/P), payroll, and administrative personnel. Manage company-wide financial, accounting, office, and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices to ensure sound financial structure of the company.
- Worked directly to and was recruited by the President of M&M Marketing, a $60M company, regarding all corporateaccounting and financial matters.
- Handled the preparation of important information for bank financing on acquisitions, financial statements, corporate profile information, rationale for acquisitions, and combined projected financials.
- Successfully streamlined and improved cost reporting and budgeting process in a competitive company.
- Conducted review and analysis for 401K plan information.
- Developed new credit and collection procedures to bring collections from 35 days to 25 days while improving cash flow by $500K monthly.
- Designed and implemented a new quoting system for sales staff and drove sales increase from $40 to $50M.
- Communicated with bank in minimizing audits from 3 to 1 annually and improved line of credit by 25%.
Corporate Controller | Company DEF, Wilmington, MA
Staff Accountant | Company FGH., CPA Firm, Lowell, MA
Staff Accountant | Charles Burke, CPA, Stoneham, MADeveloped and presented accounting reports and financial data to management, internally or externally. Facilitated and reviewed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports based on customer, sales by line, corporate expenses, and overall profitability.
- Administered A/R, A/P, payroll, payroll 401K, bank reconciliations, cash flow, and other account reconciliations.
- Participated in all aspects of accounting and financial management.
- Provided explanation for errors that occurred in production costs, and suggested corrective actions.
- Engaged in preparing budgets and compiling monthly and annual forecasts.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting | OPQ College, Salem, MA