Dietitian Resume Sample
Dietitian Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Dietetics ~ Clinical and Community Involvement ~ Organizational Leadership
Hardworking and results-driven professional, offering comprehensive experience in the clinical industry, with focus on the fields of dietetics, management, human relations and community involvement. Demonstrate consistent record of delivering extraordinary results from healthcare involvement and engagement as a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, CPR Certified professional and proactive leader. Focused and self-motivated achiever, equipped with clinical knowledge of nutritional guidelines for a variety of medical conditions. Articulate and personable communicator, with well-defined writing skills and powerful communication, problem solving and medical aptitude.
Selected Highlights and Accomplishments:
- Boosted nutrition referrals from medical staff to dietitians by 200 percent.
- Achieved the Management Development Coordinator Award from ServiceMaster Food Management Services; effectively trained clinical dietitians and dietetic interns.
- Received nomination for Patient Service Award from ServiceMaster.
- Established quality improvement program resulting in favorable feedbacks during Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and state inspections.
- Maximized potentials through personal commitment and continual improvement, with solid dedication to achieving the highest level of professional healthcare standards.
- Demonstrate wide-ranging understanding and background in diabetes, cardiology, nephrology, gastroenterology, oncology, pediatrics, wounds, obesity, malnutrition, AIDS, enteral nutrition, geriatrics, neurology and developmental disabilities.
- Carried out screening, assessment and establishment of nutrition care plans using the American Dietetic Association (ADA) Nutrition Care Process for acute, home and long-term care patient population.
- Distinguished diet instructions and provided group nutrition classes for a variety of medical conditions.
- Altered and updated diet instruction materials and visual aids.
- Assisted with the development and execution of Diet Manual.
- Accurately edited nutrition newsletter as a method of public relations and distribution of nutrition information to medical staff.
- Administered patient care and wound care committees.
- Oversaw hospital diet office’s operations, such as scheduling, payroll, performance appraisals and training.
- Associated with menu development for an array of modified diets.
- Amended management’s policies and procedures; enhanced nutrition screening efficiency.
- Conducted group staff in-services to physicians, other medical personnel and food service employees.
- Accomplished food service inventories and articulately prepared financial reports.
Community and Outreach Initiatives
- Engaged in community nutrition programs, which included preschool education, women, infants and children (WIC), weight control, diabetes classes, cardiac nutrition classes, AIDS nutrition, health screening and senior citizen programs.
- Regulated nutrition and food service support to developmentally disabled population residing in 75 group homes.
HEALTH INFORMATION DATABASE COORDINATOR | Apr 2011–Present
Manpower Temporary Services at University of Abc Health System Ann Arbor, MI
CLINICAL DIETITIAN | Jan 2011–June 2011
Def Home Care, Inc. Canton, MI
CLINICAL DIETITIAN | Nov 2007–Oct 2010
Visiting Nurse Association of Southeast Michigan Oak Park, MI
CLINICAL DIETITIAN | Jan 2004–Nov 2007
University of Abc Home Health Care Ann Arbor, MI
OUTPATIENT DIETITIAN | May 2000–Nov 2007
Ghi Life Center Flint, MI
CLINICAL/COMMUNITY DIETITIAN | Oct 1994–May 1998
Jkl Living Services Wayne, MI
CLINICAL DIETITIAN | Jan 1989–Sep 1994
Service Master Food Management Services Various Hospitals in Michigan
CLINICAL/COMMUNITY DIETITIAN | Sep 1985–Dec 1988
Salus Nutrition Consultants Flint, MI
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCE
LMN University Detroit, MI
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN DIETETICS
OPQ University East Lansing, MI
Registered Dietitian Certificate | Certified Diabetes Educator | CPR Certified
Dietetic Internship in Clinical and Administrative Dietetics
Saint Mary’s Hospital/Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
CPR Certified Professional, American Heart Association
American Dietetic Association
American Diabetes Association
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Electronic Medical Record Software (Careweb and Horizons)