Dispatcher Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Performance-driven and dedicated professional offering extensive years of exceptional experience in fire protection, dispatching, emergency response, disaster preparation, crises management activities, and numerous emergency-related needs. Knowledgeable in developing and executing innovative emergency policies and procedures. Skilled at streamlining workflow and fostering a team environment to increase productivity. Well-developed leader with exceptional analytical skills as evidenced by the ability to continuously improve fire/rescue operation and emergency cases. Capable of planning and organizing effort and defining goals and objectives to achieve a successful emergency operation. Motivated self-starter and cooperative team player, with excellent ability to efficiently and comfortably communicate with diverse individuals and groups. Powered with exceptional history of providing guidance to problem-solving teams in order to correctly evaluate organizational challenges and successfully convert ideas into workable solutions. Adept at handling multiple tasks in a high-pressured environment. Proficient in using Microsoft Office and computer-aided dispatch systems.
- Emergency Operation Plan Development
- Basic Life Support and Emergency Medical Procedures
- Firefighting Principles and Techniques
- State, Federal, and County Law Compliance
- Department Policies and Procedures
- Public Safety / Incident Management
- Search and Rescue Operations
- Disaster Preparation
CITY OF ARLINGTON, ARLINGTON, TX, USA
911 Telecommunicator | 2008-PRESENT
- Handle all incoming calls for fire, medical, and police emergencies as well as calls from other agencies requesting confirmation on warrants.
- Receive and transfer non-emergency calls to appropriate departments.
- Provide medical instructions addressing medical emergencies to citizens over the phone.
- Administer the processing of necessary records and files into the TCIC/NCIC database, which included warrants, records of missing person and runaways, and files of stolen guns and articles.
- Oversee subject names and vehicle license plates on traffic stops or calls for service for officers.
- Play a leadership role in approving warrants for officers/jail on subjects wanted out of other agencies.
- Conduct audit for all work done from the preceding.
- Manage and monitor radio traffic and respond as necessary.
CMSI (GOVERNMENT CONTRACT), KWAJALEIN ATOLL, MARSHALL ISLANDS
DOD Firefighter | 2005-2007
- Immediately responded to emergency and non-emergency calls.
- Forged participation and worked as a team player in daily training, regular vehicle check outs, and auditing for department property control.
PG&E (NUCLEAR POWER PLANT), AVILA BEACH, CA, USA
Collections Technician | 2002-2005
- Expertly carried out pre-employment drug screenings.
- Rendered assistance to program manager in encoding data while helping with daily filing.
CAL FIRE MONTEREY COUNTY, MONTEREY, CA, USA
Seasonal Firefighter | 2002
- Facilitated daily training and managed daily maintenance of fire engine; responded to emergency calls for fires and medical aids.
SAN LUIS COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT, OBISPO, CA, USA
Paid Call Firefighter and Paid Call Dispatcher | 2000-2004
- Participated in the bi-weekly training drills, responded to emergency calls, and provided expert assistance in maintaining county fire engine while supporting the fire company.
Program in Fire Technology (2005)
ALLAN HANCOCK COLLEGE, SANTA MARIA, CA, USA
Related Courses: Fire Suppression Techniques
Achieved State of California Firefighter I Certification
General Education/EMT I (2001)
CUESTA COLLEGE, SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA, USA
Related Courses: Patient Assessments | Patient Treatments | Entry-Level Accounting Course
Achieved State of California Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
Specialized Rescue International Rope Rescue Operations
California State Fire Training
Basic Pump Operations | Fire and Arson Detection | Auto Extrication | Confined Space Awareness | Low Angle Rescue
California State Fire Marshal
Fire Fighter I # 1225406
California Specialized Training Institute
Hazardous Materials Course First Responder Operations – Decontamination #OR161954
Hazardous Materials Course First Responder Operational #OR143749
Emergency Medical Response to Hazardous Materials Incidents First Responder Awareness Level #OR143721
Allan Hancock College
NFPA 1670 Rope Rescue Systems Operational | I-200 Basic Incident Command System
Advanced Cliffside Rescue | Surf Rescue
Department Of Defense
Fire Fighter I #864645 | Fire Fighter II #886985
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
Basic Fire Fighter Academy | I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System
S-290 Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior
San Luis Obispo County Fire Service Training Officers Association
National Wildfire Group
S-190 Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior | S-130 Firefighting Training
Tri-County Fire Chiefs Association
Physical Ability Workshop
City of Arlington
Basic Telecommunicator Academy
Forensic Laboratory Services
Certificate of Intoxilyzer 5000 Breath Alcohol Training
New Mexico Firefighters Training Academy
Fire Fighter I IFSAC Seal # 692969
National Academies of Emergency Dispatch
Advanced Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) Certified Member #1047228
American Heart Association
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (Expires 09/2012)