Editor-in-Chief Resume Sample
Editor-in-Chief Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly accomplished, well-rounded, and seasoned journalist with extensive years of experience in all forms of mass media, including radio, television, broadsheet, wire service, magazine, radio, television, books and the web. Demonstrated expertise as a correspondent and broadcast journalist, with diverse background in covering major breaking news from more than 43 countries across five continents. Exceptionally creative producer and director specializing in business and finance, science, as well as national security and intelligence investigations; known for producing award-winning coverage and shows. Possess thorough background in all technical aspects of both radio and television broadcast operations, including producing web content. Equally successful manager and highly effective leader, demonstrate superior problem-solving and decision-making skills; able to empower employees toward achievement of target goals.
- Acknowledged as one of the most accomplished journalist/broadcasters in the industry as evidenced by 21 national journalism awards.
- Produced and reported investigations that have aired on some of the most-watched television news programs in America, including Dateline NBC, NBC Nightly News, ABC World News Tonight, ABC Good Morning America and Bloomberg Television; others were published in major print publications, including The Washington Post, Vanity Fair, Science magazine, Bloomberg News and Basic Books.
- Recognized as the most honored producer and director in the history of Bloomberg Television, with outstanding business and finance investigations earning 3 Business Emmy nominations in 2 years (2008-2009) and winning the network’s first Emmy in any category in 2008; earned 12 national journalism awards during the same period and the highest-ratings for any program on the network.
- Successfully directed and produced shows featuring Fortune 100 CEOs and some of the wealthiest investors on the planet, including Warren Buffett and Saudi Arabia’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.
- Member of the NBC Radio News team in London that garnered more journalism awards than any other U.S. radio news operation since Edward R. Murrow covered the London Blitz with “Murrow’s Boys.”
- Produced a comprehensive analysis of the 1991 Gulf War pool that was submitted by the NBC News directly to then U.S. Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney, and featured in the John MacArthur book, The Second Front.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Abc Company, Greenville, SC | 2011
- Developed content for a start-up company that streams short video news analyses, commentaries, and satires on the web, smartphones, and mobile computing platforms targeting 18-34 year olds.
Bcd Company * Austin, TX 2010-Present
- Co-manage a company that creates innovative finance solutions to help state governments adapt private equity investment strategies to public finance.
Efg Company, New York, NY and Boston, MA | 2010-Present
- Lead and manage a 2-year investigation about the 2001 anthrax letter attacks scheduled to be completed and ready for broadcast by fall 2011.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Hij Company, Austin, TX | 2009-Present
- Oversee all aspects and set direction in bootstrapping personal finance software for participants in employer-sponsored pre-tax savings plans and retail investors in stocks, bonds and options.
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER AND PRODUCER
Klm Company, Austin, TX | 2005-2009
- Presented, produced and directed investigative specials and occasional episodes of weekly television show, “For the Record,” which features Fortune 500 CEOs, Federal Reserve Bank presidents, stock exchange chairman and government officials.
Mno Company, New York, NY | 2000-2002
- Reported and produced consumer investigations and breaking news.
Pqr Channel, City, State | 1996-2000
- Traveled to five continents covering major breaking stories, interviewing heads of state as well as reported and produced award-winning investigative series.
OTHER POSITIONS HELD
FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, NBC Nightly News and Today Show |City, State
NATIONAL CORRESPONDENT, Weekend Today and Weekend Nightly News | City, State
INVESTIGATIVE CORRESPONDENT, Dateline NBC | City, State
LONDON RADIO CORRESPONDENT, PRODUCER, AND ENGINEER/TELEVISION ASSIGNMENT EDITOR | City, State
LONDON BUREAU MANAGER/ CHIEF FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, NBC Radio News London | City, State
LONDON REPORTER, ABC Radio | City, State
LONDON REPORTER, XYZ Radio | City, State
LONDON REPORTER AND EDITOR, IBS News | City, State
Program toward Master of Arts in Divinity | University of CDE, Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature | WXYZ College, Wheaton, IL, USA
French Studies | L’ Université of Québec à Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada