Electronic Engineer Resume Sample
Electronic Engineer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Astute, tenacious, and technically inclined professional, with more than two decades of experience and verifiable success in all facets of engineering process, project management, and development within electronic contract manufacturing. Equipped with extensive background in automotive designs, microcontroller/microprocessor design and programming, analog signal processing, as well as creation of low power RF communication devices in compliance with FCC part 15 and Subpart J standards. Capable of utilizing knowledge and principles of electronic theory and engineering in developing electronic components, equipment, systems, and products. Armed with expert knowledge of various designs and compliance requirements, including ISO 9001, DFMEAs, and PFMEAs as well as Ford Automotive engineering specifications. In-depth familiarity of PCB design for manufacturing and EMI considerations. Adept at leading system development, requiring understanding of various custom microcontroller PCBAs to facilitate interface with various control systems, such as thermal, pneumatic, and motor drives using Visual Basic. Regarded as the primary resource in the implementation of operational enhancement and management of challenging projects.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Engineering Principles and Procedures
- Project and Program Management
- Automotive Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Manufacturing and Test Design
- Microcontroller Development
- Software/Hardware Design
- Customer Service and Relations
- Technology Needs Assessment
- Process and Productivity Improvement
- Problem Resolution and Decision-Making
COMPANY FGH | NORWALK, OH
ENGINEERING DIRECTOR | 2005-PRESENT
- Leverage expertise as multi-site engineer in delivering Electronic Contract Manufacturing services; oversee a wide array of engineering disciplines, including industrial engineering, process, manufacturing, as well as test and customer engineering services.
- Closely supervise and monitor multi-site facilities across Ohio, Tennessee, and two plants in Juarez, Mexico.
- Provide strong leadership skills in overseeing the Engineering Team of 15 direct reports along with over 137 members within the engineering disciplines.
- Ensure the standardization of all equipment and processes throughout multiple facilities by efficiently allocating engineering capital budgets worth $1.5M to $2.4M annually.
- Proficiently handle product design and development involving analog, digital, and microcontroller applications.
- Directed strategic efforts in generating more than $125K in recorded savings for project improvements through design and implementation of Six Sigma programs for multi-site development of the engineering teams, resulting in progressive process performances through training programs.
- Played a key role in streamlining customer designs into manufacturing by providing effectual training programs to new customer as primary engineering lead.
- Obtained and completed six Green Belt Engineers Certification.
COMPANY FGH INC.| NORWALK, OH
ENGINEERING MANAGER | 2001-2005
- Applied best management approaches in directing engineering disciplines, including process, manufacturing, and test engineering as well as multi-site management responsibility in facilities in Ohio and Juarez Mexico.
- Displayed unsurpassed leadership and guidance in directing 25 engineering associates in Ohio facility and 3 management members in Mexico facility.
- Coordinated the execution of all equipment and processes necessary for Electronic Contract Manufacturing services.
- Earned recognition for notable performance in optimizing product for manufacturing; developing manufacturing processes in accordance with Automotive APQP methodologies; as well as standardizing processes across multiple facilities through customer engineering services designed.
TEST ENGINEERING TEAM LEADER | 1998-2001
- Effectively led the Test Engineering Team, which consisted of three engineers and three technicians.
- Exemplified versatility and multitasking skills in performing diverse tasks, such as project quoting, scheduling, team budgets allocation, and system resource requirements definition for the entire Electronic Contract Manufacturing production.
- Demonstrated test engineering expertise in supervising in-circuit, product burn-in, and functional test system developments to maintain adherence to customer supplied designs and documentation.
- Made use of Visual Basic programming and Rack/Stack instrumentation in performing functional test system designs that were Windows PC-based.
- Maximized production while reducing engineering lead times through consolidation of test sources; coordinated the successful implementation of QS 9000 standards and guidelines in the way test systems deployed and released into production.
- Gained full knowledge of circuit test systems, including Teradyne Z18xx, Agilent/HP3070, and Genrad 2283.
COMPANY FGH, INC.| NORWALK, OH
PROGRAM MANAGER | 1998
- Acted as liaison between customers and EPIC manufacturing; built and cultivated strong rapport with customers by promptly addressing their needs and concerns.
- Oversaw the manufacturing teams; spearheaded time project completion from quotation through implementation and cost analysis.
PROJECT ENGINEER/PROJECT LEADER | 1996-1998
- Rendered unparalleled service in managing and completing projects through frequent collaboration with customers and contract manufacturing.
- Handled engineering documentation and process engineering while offering high-quality assistance to customers.
PROJECT ENGINEER/SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER | 1989-1996
- Served as major contributor in the development of a Tire Pressure Monitoring System for OEM Automotive applications usage through customer interaction, RF/Analog/Digital/PCB circuit designs, microcontroller programming, as well as production test equipment design and implementation.
- Recognized for outstanding performance and received the Louis Schweitzer Award, Automotive Design Excellence, 1995.
COMPANY IJK | COLUMBUS, OH
DESIGN ENGINEER | 1986-1989
- Made use of incomparable innovative skills in designing industrial electronic equipment, such as hydraulic controllers and data acquisition equipment for the mining industry.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY, NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY (4.0/4.0)
ABC College | Columbus, OH
- Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA)
- Inter-Process Communication (IPC)
- Coach and Board Member, Youth Soccer
- CAD, PCAD 8.5 2004, PCB Design, ACAD 2008, ProgeCAD, 2D/3D Mech
- Micro controllers, Motorola HC05/11/16, Zilog Z8/Z80, National COP, Microchip PIC, and Atmel
- Microsoft Operating Systems, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, MASM Assembler and C Compilers