Environmental Educator Resume Sample
Environmental Educator Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR / COMMUNICATOR
Hardworking, motivated and results-driven professional, offering comprehensive experience in environmental education, studies and research, and group management. Adept at combining professional development and film making expertise, with a methodical and level-headed approach to meet the challenges faced by today’s environmental industry. Intense commitment to promoting sustainable development through environmental education as well as providing the highest standards of professional and personal service. Multilingual; fluent in Italian, English and French.
Environmental Education | Sustainable Education
- Served as nature guide and teacher in a butterfly zoo, educating students and adults about species of butterflies and all other features of insects and animals, along with tropical plants inside the museum. Innovatively prepared scientific games to capture students’ attention while lecturing and exploring the zoo. Discussed insects in general and other related subjects including ecology, ethnology and botany.
- Engaged in the Eco-Schools international programme of the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE), a program promoting and bringing environmental and sustainable developmental education to schools. Visited Eco-Schools in Denmark, introducing the Eco-Schools methodology through creative presentations. Pioneered an evaluation process across 50 countries, assessing the quality and impact of the program.
Environmental Science | Biological Diversity
- Highly commended as a research assistant, conducting research on the entomological biodiversity of the northeastern part of Italy. Leveraged an integrated, quantitative and interdisciplinary approach through statistical analysis and surveys in the research area.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of environmental science, particularly in environmental issues and management, climate change, forestry and ecological dynamics, and sustainability. Possesses work experience in environmental issues, education and communication.
Technical Proficiency | Growth and Development Impacts
- Created PowerPoint presentations about insect’s life, as well as biodiversity and other ecological subjects, immensely contributing to academic success as the said presentation is now widely implemented and used by co-teachers in the institution.
- Established a reputation for technical excellence as reflected in utilizing database and software expertise in the Eco-Schools programme. Formulated a survey about program interactions through the utilization of an e-Twinning portal.
- Expertly mapped a new database framework and website for development. Consistently enforced electronic surveys, maintained a web based news portal and created news items for the program’s website.
General Management | Film Making Integration
- Integrated film making background within an environmental setting with a strong drive to succeed. Resolved and settled problems arising on the set. Accurately ensured schedules were on time, and motivated people to strive harder despite stressful situations.
- Commended as an exceptional visionary with advanced and innovative ways of thinking that solved various film conflicts and facilitated the identification of new opportunities.
- Provided excellent management and supervision to the whole film team, equipped with the ability to independently multitask, plan and direct demanding operations and complex schedules.
ENVIRONMENTAL TEACHER/GUIDE | May 2011-Present
COMPANY ABC, Udine, Italy
INTERN | Mar 2011-Apr 2011
Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE), Copenhagen, Denmark
RESEARCH ASSISTANT | May 2009-Aug 2009
ABC University, Udine, Italy
CO-PRODUCER / CASTING DIRECTOR / SET DESIGNER (For the movie “Fat Cat”) | May 2011-Present
COMPANY XYZ, Udine, Italy / London, United Kingdom
INFORMATICS ITEMS PROMOTER | Nov 2005- Feb 2008
Acer Inc. | Sony Corp. | Hewlett-Packard | Fujitsu Siemens, Informatics stores in Udine (Italy)
MASTER’S DEGREE IN FORESTRY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE: 2010
University of CDE, Padua, Italy
Coursework: Sustainable Management of Natural and Forestry Resources | Protection of Nature and the Environment | Environmental Restoration | Management of Landscapes and Green Urban Areas
DEGREE IN ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: 2008
University of ABC, Udine, Italy
Coursework: Botany | Biology | Entomology | Forestry | Ethology | Forestry Management and Biodiversity and Protection of Natural Resources | Statistics | Math | Planning and Protection of the Territory
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Software
Content Management System (CMS)