Events and Promotions Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS MANAGER
Enthusiastic, hardworking and innovative professional, with broad-based experience in major event/program management, public relations, publicity, creative marketing design, communications and general management. Exemplifies extensive oral and written communication and business management skills, comprehensive hands-on experience in performing and supervising activities for clients as well as various marketing partners.
- Resourceful and competent professional committed to excellence – effective communicator and motivator who works well under pressure and thrives in an atmosphere of challenge.
- Technically proficient with a strong command of Microsoft Office applications and marketing databases; demonstrates ability to effectively prioritize and manage a broad range of responsibilities utilizing technology-based equipment.
- Flexible negotiator and consultant; capable of building solid relationships with key stakeholders and clients, known for extensive customer relation skills.
- A marketing advocate with strong commitment to ongoing professional growth and development within the corporate industry.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Events Management
- Funding Development
- Media and Communication
- Marketing and Promotion Strategies
- Contract Negotiation
- Community Outreach Initiatives
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Growth and Development Impacts
- Leadership and Team Building
PRESIDENT | Aug 2008-Present
Company XYZ, Paducah, KY
Sports agent representing numerous top National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) teams and drivers, including JR Motorsports (owned by Dale Earnhardt, Jr.), Turner Motorsports, RAB Racing, Revolution Racing, Venturini Motorsports, BD Racing with Sterling Marlin and Andy Belmont Racing.
- Function as exclusive agent of record for several drivers in various NASCAR divisions.
- Expertly conduct client services for drivers, such as contract negotiation, sponsorship development, personal endorsement opportunities, financial planning, legal services, public relations, and marketing and career development consultation.
- Oversee professional sponsorship, endorsement and funding development for teams.
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS | Feb 2005-Aug 2010
Company UVW, Nashville, TN and Central City, KY
Developed strategic marketing partnerships for multiple car NASCAR Nationwide Series team. Built and maintained strategic marketing database of current and potential marketing partners associated with NASCAR teams within the top three divisions. Designed comprehensive business to business marketing plans for diverse clients yielding strategic return on investment. Customized program and presentation designed for each potential partner. Spearheaded the public relations and marketing activities for all team and marketing partners.
- Acquired sponsorship funding deals ranging from $200K to $4M eachwhich generated operating capital for NASCAR Nationwide Series and ARCA RE/MAX Series programs.
- Established and maintained personal relationships with all sponsors and potential marketing partners.
Initiated development initiatives by building personal relationships with top corporate executives at the CEO, president, and vice president levels.
- Created the team’s NASCAR driver development program as a new source of revenue, which included the signing of drivers and funding of the program ranging from $350K to $1.5M annually.
- Served as speaker at numerous events, including Chamber of Commerce meetings, Rotary Clubs, sports councils, civic organizations, and various marketing and professional business seminars.
- Pioneered the entire marketing materials utilized by the team for marketing-related activities.
CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS EXECUTIVE | May 2001-Feb 2005
Company RST, Nashville, TN
Administered new business development, client relationship building, contract negotiation, sponsorship sales acquisition, marketing activation, return on investment (ROI) tracking, and measurement programs for the team and marketing partners. Designed and utilized sales and marketing presentations for the team and facility. Effectively served in the manager on duty rotation, overseeing event day facility operations related to the Bridgestone Arena and the Nashville Predators.
- Pioneered custom marketing partnership packages including team and arena signage; print, radio and television advertising; retail promotions, luxury suites and tickets.
- Provide proactive leadership to account service managers as well as game day staff.
- Secured corporate sponsorship packages ranging in value from $25K to $500K each.
- Generated annual revenue in execess of $1M annually.
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING, Nashville Superspeedway | Sep 1999-May 2001
Company OPQ, Inc., Nashville, TN
Oversaw the entire sales and marketing functions associated with Nashville Speedway USA and Nashville Superspeedway during construction and inaugural season. Spearheaded a corporate sales team for sponsorship, hospitality, advertising, exposition space and group ticket sales. Carried out key management tasks, including planning, coordinating and supervising the sales/marketing staff for race promotions and event activities.
- Secured over $1M annually in sponsorship revenue.
- Generated additional exposure and ticket sales by coordinating with major corporate partners to develop in-market promotions.
- Successfully secured all sponsors including title sponsors for events and exclusive category partners through relationship building with potential sponsors.
- Directed advertising budget worth $1M annually by managing the facility’s strategic advertising program including radio, television, newsprint, periodical and electronic media campaigns.
DIRECTOR OF SALES, STU Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Nashville, TN: Mar 1993-Sep 1999
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MARKETING AND MANAGEMENT: 1993
XYZ University, Nashville, TN
Licensed Member, National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing (NASCAR)
Governmental Affairs Committee Member, Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce
Secretary, Public Relations Chair, World Community Service Chair, and Member, Rotary Club of Paducah
Member, Advertising Federation of Louisville
Member, Nashville Sports Council