Grant Program Manager Resume Sample
Grant Program Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Proactive, results-oriented, and vision-driven professional with more than 15 years of experience in grant management, including organization, research, administration, and close-out. Competent manager of resources and grant processes, with proven success in administering over $100M worth of grants. Demonstrate exceptional leadership through sound decision-making and strong organizational skills; able to motivate cooperation of employees and volunteers to achieve peak productivity and achievement of target goals. Committed to inclusiveness, with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups and key community leaders and organizations; utilize excellent public speaking, written communication, and interpersonal skills in establishing and cultivating strategic partnerships and key alliances.
PARISH GOVERNMENT, Chalmette, LA
Director of Grants/Grants Administrator | 2008-Present
Handle all aspects of grant including research, writing, review, submission, approval, contract negotiations, regulation, tracking, and reporting of grant applications. Facilitate the negotiation of terms and conditions of award and sub-awards, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and policies. Administer annual budget review of all grant expenses and revise the budget as necessary. Regularly monitor all grants and contracts and ensure internal controls and budgetary compliance in collaboration with other departments.
- Successfully authored and obtained more than $25M worth of grants from 2008-2011.
- Completed all reporting and operational goals within the set grant timelines.
AMERICAN RED CROSS, Chalmette, LA
Interim Chapter Manager | 2007-2008
Conducted research and managed the preparation and coordination of grants, including contract negotiations and compliance. Strategically identified and developed financial resources to efficiently achieve financial targets. Maintained constant coordination among key stakeholders, including recovery agencies, non-profits, private sector organizations, and government agencies. Served as media liaison and spokesperson of the local chapter on news crews and donors.
- Provided keen oversight to financial management and public accountability for contributions, income, and all other assets such as grant management.
- Effectively prioritized and corresponded task designation in relation to the chapter’s business plan, strategic goals, and improvement initiatives.
- Ensured commensurate and diversified supply of financial resources of the chapter to meet service delivery and corporate financial development goals by closely working with the Board.
Executive Assistant | 2006-2007
Managed daily office operations, including assisting with grant research, writing, and submission as well as providing quality customer service. Implemented budgetary guidelines for all funds and closely supervised spending. Performed financial accounting of all received and disbursed funds, along with preparation of appropriate reports.
- Rendered assistance to the Chapter Manager to efficiently achieve goals and expectations.
- Led efforts to engage volunteers and partners in establishing a chapter capacity for service delivery and designed a comprehensive Health and Safety program that provides services to individuals and organizations.
- Prepared high-level presentations and/or spreadsheet reports from the department database.
- Received the Spirit of Excellence award from Red Cross in 2006.
Director of Volunteers | 1991-2000
Provided instruction on Masters of Disaster Course throughout St. Bernard Parish schools, both public and private. Supported the Chapter Manager in planning, execution, and logistics of fundraising events. Handled the preparation, storage, and updating of all volunteer personnel records, performance evaluations, incident documentation, awards, and other relevant documents.
- Directed the recruitment, training, supervision, and material support for more than 400 volunteers in chapter programs.
- Ensured high quality service delivery through proper coordination of all volunteer activities for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) instructors, water safety instructors, and lifeguards.
- Initiated the conduct of needs assessment that captured collective strengths and weaknesses, resulting in the creation of viable goals and objectives for volunteers that helped in retention.
TUV COMPANY, City, State
Supervisor, Sales/Service/Collections | 2000-2005
Reported project status during executive briefings to ensure timely achievement of all goals and program results.
- Supervised a team of 20 service team members, instilling motivation and getting cooperation from team resulting in attaining and exceeding quotas.
Bachelor of Science in General Studies, Minor in Health Services: 2007 | Dean’s List
UNIVERSITY OF NOP, New Orleans, LA
Graduate, New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute: 2008
Instructor, Community First Aid and Safety, Professional Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Pet First Aid and Preventing Disease Transmission: 1992-Present
Member Advisory Board, Louisiana State University Agricultural (LSU-Ag) Center: 2006-Present
Member, Kiwanis Club: 2006-Present
Chair, St. Bernard Long Term Recovery Committee: 2006-2008
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Apple, Microix, Internet, and Social Networking Sites