Helpdesk Support Technician Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Helpdesk Support Technician
Quality-focused and solutions-driven professional, offering extensive years of proven leadership experience in developing productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction across information technology delivery and web-based applications. Demonstrate keen expertise in conceptualizing innovative designs and administrating development life cycle, from conceptualization to implementation while constantly managing the needs of customers, the team, and the project. Expert at utilizing complex experience in creating traditional and new media utilizing combined knowledge in traditional design and computer-aided techniques. Intend to develop and implement technological solutions, with emphasis in delivering cost-cutting and productivity improvements. Known as superior communicator with the ability to explain complex processes in easy-to-understand terms to end users. Skilled in proactive identification and resolution of critical systems/network issues. Able to interface with all levels of professionals within a culturally diverse company.
- IT Management
- Team Building and Leadership
- Quality and Risk Management
- Process Improvement / Analysis
- Software and Product Development
- Budget Planning and Implementation
- Technical Consultation
- Business Integration
- Conflict Management
- Operating Systems: 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Windows7, Office 2000/2003/2007/2010
- Server: 2003/2008 Enviroments, Active Directory, Group Policies, Terminal Services, DNS, IIS
- Languages and Technology: HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Adobe Flash Web Technologies (IIS, Apache Web Servers)
- Networking: Firewalls, Security, E-mail Servers, DSL/Cable, Wireless Technology, Microsoft Server 2003/2008, MS SQL Server, Active Directory, Domain Controllers
- Management Systems: Joomla! CMS, Customizing/Creating Templates, Joomla! Web Conversions PHP MyAdmin and cPanel
- Artwork and Graphics: Real-Time 3D Graphics and Animation, LightWave 3D Modeling, Texturing and Rendering, 3D Coat Digital Sculpting, Print Graphics
Lucky 7 Casino | Smith River, CA
Interactive Media Technician | 2010–Present
- Collaborate daily with the Marketing Department in making advertisements using Photoshop and LightWave 3D, and support the marketing supervisor and event coordinator with advertisement designs and software/pc troubleshooting.
- Assume full responsibility in updating restaurant specials daily for display on digital signage as well as formulating unique template backgrounds for all digital displays in the casino.
- Serve as web developer in charge of reestablishing website utilizing Joomla! CMS and executing custom scripts for online drawings, generating web/online interaction to clients to participate in drawings for special events from home.
- Apply diverse knowledge in LightWave 3D to the table to develop a professional, much more attractive, eye-catching, and unique animated content for display on digital screens.
- Prepare and send out the casino’s monthly HTML e-newsletter to Privilege Club members.
- Play a leadership role in programming a script to automate the process, which personalizes each e-mail.
- Function as IT support utilizing technical background in assigning player points to Privilege Club members, developing groups and point multipliers all within the casino system.
- Successfully upgraded website that enabled casino drawings online for promotions and events; created online newsletter mailer program to automate e-newsletter delivery.
- Provided expert oversight in handling digital signage scheduling software as well as developing content and scheduling the outside digital readerboard.
- Designed unique animated advertisements for casino promotions for display on digital signage and displays on slot machines as well as managed the scheduling and maintenance of displays.
- Upgraded HTML-/PHP-based website into a content management system, allowing staff members to easily update pages/sections using a GUI without having to deal with HTML and PHP codes.
Public Library of Johnston County and Smithfield | Smithfield, NC
Technology Coordinator | 2006–2010
- Supported staffs in the entire technical issues with the library system for all 7 libraries associated with the Polaris ILS (Interlibrary System), PC, or printer issues, which include office programs, Internet, and browsers or other software and web services.
- Provided assistance to patrons daily in using public access computers and online catalogs as well as in using the library’s website or other websites and services.
- Rendered help desk support to staff for 6 additional libraries in the county-wide system and regularly traveled to libraries for advancements; maintained the inter-library system terminals and trained staff.
- Managed the functionality and maintenance of Smithfield library’s network involving 5 physical servers, 2 terminal servers (1 main server running MS Server 2008 64-bit, 1 secondary to support older hardware and for use as a backup running MS Server 2003 32-bit), 1 domain controller running Active Directory on MS Server 2003 with approximately 60 users, 1 production server housing the library’s ILS (Polaris) using MS SQL Server 2003/2005 as backend database, 1 web server hosting the library’s card catalog and doubling as an e-mail server hosting staff e-mail, and 1 backup appliance.
- Implemented and maintained Windows/GPOs/antivirus for internal security.
- Oversaw the operation and administration of the Polaris ILS, which involved performing yearly system upgrades, maintaining MS SQL database, writing SQL reports and collecting information from the database, adding staff members and allocating permissions, monitoring patron activity and statistics, creating year-end reports to be presented to the state library, and other library associations.
- Forged participation on various Polaris administration training, Polaris Users Group conferences, and other library training programs.
- Developed and maintained the libraries website and e-mail server, troubleshot delivery problems and spam, as well as sent out automated library notices to patrons.
- Assumed full responsibility in managing the purchase and implementation of EnvisionWare PC management system for public computers as well as overseeing the purchase of new Servers, Printers, and PCs for Staff and Public Access Computers.
- Successfully increased both downstream and upstream bandwidth for county library staff, which provided faster response times and better user experience, as well as enhanced productivity and quality of service through installation of a second DSL line that separates public access from potential attacks in the library system and/or staff systems.
- Recommended an increase in upstream of staff DSL that improved performance for the county’s library who accessed the library system through the terminal server.
- Changed the terminal server with a new 2008 64-bit terminal server and replaced the staff thin clients with PCs, which brought positive results in the library.
- Overhauled the old 2003 terminal server used as a backup server and supported the older thin clients (access catalogs) that were not compatible with server 2008 RDP.
- Substantially reduced the load of terminal servers, which provided a faster and more user-friendly experience for remote libraries and enabled staff members using MS Office applications, Internet searching/browsing, and other applications a real-time experience by streamlining the network model; eventually decreasing frustration levels and increasing productivity.
- Spearheaded the maintenance (working with EnvisionWare support), upgrades, staff training/assistance, and support to patrons to learn the new system which provided a more automated experience for patrons and enabled the reference staff to conveniently work and increase productivity.
- Established website for the library using HTML and integrated library catalog for web access.
- Advanced the library’s network infrastructure, set up new terminal server as primary, and realigned the previous one as a secondary.
- Performed regular upgrade for library system software (Polaris ILS), PCs and servers, firewalls, switches, printers, and others.
- Set up PC and print management system for public computers as well as established new public website and intranet using the Joomla! CMS, allowing departments to manage web content.
NCisp Inc. | Clayton, NC
Network Technician Level II | 2006
- Performed in-office daily work, including accepting new clients and repairing incoming PCs; operating the front reception desk and handling technical calls from DSL customers; signing up new customers; managing customer accounts; as well as printing and mailing bills.
- Held accountability for onsite work, such as setting up DSL modems, troubleshooting small business networks, general networking equipment replacement, configurations, and others.
WaveNet Inc. | Gold Beach, OR
Network Technician Level II | 2005-2006
- Provided expert oversight in running WaveNet’s office in Brookings, Oregon, including supporting customers in purchasing computers and equipment, repairing PCs, selling stocked merchandise, assembling custom PCs for local businesses, and rendering technical support for existing and new DSL and dial-up customers.
- Formulated backups and transported data to new PCs for business and individual clients.
- Performed onsite services comprising of servicing PCs, servers (Windows 2003 Active Directory/domain controllers, file and print servers), servicing printers and copiers, repairing and replacing PCs, and providing general technical assistance to hospital staff at various hospital locations, such as Gold Beach, Oregon and clinics in Brookings and Port Orford, Oregon.
- Rendered regular service and set up Windows 2000 and XP operating systems for surrounding businesses.
- Supported onsite network installations for businesses, including pulling cable and setting up cable drops, wiring on cable ends, RJ45 connectors, punch down blocks (66 and 110 primarily), patch panels, and others.
- Provided support in re-cabling the general hospital, wiring on ends and punch down blocks.
ReachONE Internet | Lacey, WA
Technical Support Representative Level I & II |2002-2003
- Immediately responded to various technical support calls for dial-up and DSL customers, which include account maintenance; FTP configuration and support; e-mail configuration and support; web hosting configuration and support; dial-up/DSL configuration and support; general connection troubleshooting; as well as router configuration and support on Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP client PCs and servers.
- Held accountable for maintaining e-mail using Exchange 2000.
Harborside Internet | Brookings, OR
Technical Support Representative Level I & II | 2000-2002
- Answered technical support calls for dial-up and new DSL customers, setting up and troubleshooting dial-up connections including TCP/IP configurations and reinstallations, configuring and troubleshooting e-mail clients, and supporting with webmail.
- Played a leadership role in signing up new customers, creating customer accounts, and correcting billing issues.
NetHelp Intl Inc. | Crescent City, CA
Technical Support Representative Level I | 1999-2000
- Responded to technical support calls for dial-up customers using Windows 95/98 and some Windows 3.1 users.
- Installed DUNs (dial-up networking) on Windows 95/98, configuring Outlook Express and IE settings while reinstalling the DUN and TCP/IP over the phone.
Adobe Flash Intermediate Certificate of Completion (24 Hours) – 2008
Adobe Flash Basic Certificate of Completion (21 Hours) – 2008
Wake Technical Community College | Raleigh, NC
Network Security Specialist Certificate of Completion
(136 Contact Hours – Continuing Education Credits) – 2006
Johnston Community College | Smithfield, NC
CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA Network+ Certification
Aquarian Design (Home Web and Graphic Design Business) – Owner