Hotel General Manager Resume Sample
Hotel General Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
Performance-driven, accomplished, and seasoned professional, offering more than 20 years of effective management expertise and progressive leadership practices to all hotel operations. Exhibit strong Food and Beverage operations knowledge and experienced in leading full spectrum of business operations within highly competitive environments. Display remarkable skills in identifying and closing new business, expanding existing business, and winning customer loyalty. Demonstrate mastery in sales techniques, strategies for building a strong client base, and systems that foster customer satisfaction. Accustomed to completing projects within established timeline that greatly impacted bottom-line results. Visionary leader with extensive background in developing and leading teams of people to secure first-class hotel operations that support strategic growth of a company. Skilled at transforming high-potential staff into outstanding leaders, demonstrating creativity critical to financial and operational success in union environment. Adept at restoring profits and instituting essential infrastructure crucial to sustain prosperity and turnaround situations. Competent in organizing tasks, increasing efficiency, and obtaining maximum results from limited materials and manpower resources. Powered with decisive judgment, critical thinking, delegation skills, and the ability to multitask effectively with minimum supervision in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Expert in complex formula writing and developing Visual Basic Macro programs.
- Hotel Management
- P&L Management
- Client Relations Management
- Excellent Sales Leadership
- Guest Service Development
- Leadership and Team Building
- Multisite Operations Management
- Policy and Procedure Compliance
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Training and Motivation
- Recruitment and Staffing
- Budget Development and Administration
- Profit Maximization
COPANY ABC CORPORATION
COMPANY BCD, ARLINGTON VA, USA
General Manager | 2009-Present
Manage the overall operations of a 386-room full-service Hilton property with 22,000-square-foot banquet space as well as supervise sales efforts.
- Generated 3% growth in overall guest satisfaction scores and 7% boost in guest service scores
- Successfully increased revenue per available room (RevPAR) index from 85% to 92%
COMPANY XYZ, SADDLE BROOK, NJ, USA
General Manager | 2005-2009
Provided keen oversight of the day-to-day operations of a 245-room full-service hotel with 6,000-square-foot banquet space.
- Attained the highest guest service scores by completing a full renovation in 7 months.
- Improved total guest satisfaction scores by more than 10 points and service scores by 12 points.
- Efficiently enhanced productivity in housekeeping, front office, and F&B.
- Progressively increased RevPAR by $11.33, average daily room rate (ADR) by $11.49, and occupancy by 2.8%.
- Earned distinction for achieving the best beverage income from operations in Columbia Sussex
- Gained #1 brand recognition in 2006 and 2007 for providing the best room service
- Obtained the General Manager of the Year award.
COMPANY WXYZ, LONG ISLAND, NY, USA
General Manager | 2004-2005
Directed daily operations of 278-room full-service hotel with 12,000-square-foot banquet space in line with company standards.
- Successfully retained lost business and boosted both top-line and bottom-line revenue.
- Remarkably improved overall guest satisfaction scores along with all service and product score from 2% to 4%.
- Enhanced productivity while augmenting RevPAR by $4 and ADR by $5.
- Received Elite Member Recognition #1 in Marriott in 2004 and 2005.
- Outstandingly achieved the most improved service scores.
COMPANY EFG, MELVILLE, NY, USA
Director of Operations | 2003-2004
Administered hiring and training of front office manager and Director of Operations for 369-room hotel. Oversaw banquets and F&B outlets with total annual sales of $7.
- Played a leadership role in managing the overall operations of 369-room full-service Marriott property with more than 200 employees, which led to a boost in guest satisfaction survey scores by 6%
- Earned Manager of the Year Award.
COMPANY OPQ, EVANSVILLE, IN, USA
Rooms Division Manager | 2003
Oversaw the entire rooms operations, including front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance. Provided professional oversight in organizing and completing the renovation of 80 rooms as well as in directing the contractor construction crew. Hired and provided training to the executive housekeeping manager.
- Successfully improved guest survey scores with an increased overall satisfaction from 81.8% to 88.6% and improved rating on the cleanliness of room from 72.7% to 91.5%.
- Enhanced housekeeping productivity from 1.56 to 1.75 room cleaned per hour
- Effectively supervised 18 housekeeping, 14 front office, and 3 maintenance staff in a 200-room hotel.
COMPANY RST, RICHMOND, VA, USA
Front Office Manager | 2002-2003
Played a leadership role in hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and counseling employees. Handled task scheduling, labor cost controls, and disciplinary procedures. Oversaw guest check-in/out, front office inventory, vending, gift shop management, and problem resolution. Created weekly and monthly reports as well as accomplished tasks of the general manager during his absence. Formulated projects for and organized the Housekeeping, Front Desk, and Maintenance departments.
- Efficiently supervised a staff of 25, which included front desk, PBX, bell stand, and concierge in a 242-room full-service hotel.
- Contributed in achieving top 10 ranking in all Marriott Hotels by increasing front desk scores from 55% to 98% and overall guest survey scores from 58% to 93%.
- Minimized gift shop cost from 67% to 52% and front office labor cost to 16 minutes per room while increasing vending revenue to 35%.
COMPANY ABC CORPORATION
COMPANY TUV, SAVANNAH, GA, USA
Assistant Front Office Manager | 1999-2002
THE MARMARA ISTANBUL
THE MARMARA ISTANBUL, ISTANBUL, TURKEY
Management Trainee | 1998-1999
CASINO THE MARMARA, ISTANBUL, TURKEY
Casino Manager | 1992-1998
Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management and Administration
GHI UNIVERSITY, AYDIN, TURKEY
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
- The Marmara Istanbul – Sales Techniques and Strategies
- Revenue Management Seminar
- Marriott Education Center – MARSHA 102
- Hilton OnQ – Forecast Management Certificate
- Revenue Management Certificate
- Various Brand-Related Certificates for Marriott and Hilton
- Destination DC – Member
- Hilton Alumni – Member
- Society of Government Meeting Professionals – Member
- Hotel Contracting & Negotiations Group – Member
- Corporate Hotelier Group – Member