HSE Manager Resume Sample
HSE Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager
Self-motivated, focused, and bottom-line-oriented professional, offering qualifications in all areas of quality, health, safety, and environmental management encompassing team building and leadership, safe and security management, risk and crisis management, organization development, and quality/performance improvement. Possess keen attention to detail, complemented with excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal adeptness.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable rules and regulations concerning safety procedures and policies; proficient in documenting and implementing maintenance inspections and procedures (OSHA).
- Experienced in demonstrating exceptional performance and excellent customer service skills within service and construction settings.
- Committed to providing hard work and superior efforts to enhance both project quality and productivity.
- Capable of confidently interfacing with other professionals, staff, and high-profile business clients.
COMPANY XYZ, KANDAHAR, AFGHANISTAN
Regional Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) Supervisor | 2010-Present
Regional Health, Safety, and Environmental Supervisor | 2010
Display hands-on leadership in directing the overall quality, health, safety, and environmental initiatives for SHE Common Group at multiple locations throughout Afghanistan. Audit all subcontractors on the project. Ensure that the training given is in accordance with project requirements, in collaboration with the Training Group. Formed the Emergency Response Team and developed drills for the project in conjunction with base plant and the onsite Mechanical and Electrical Inspection Team.
- Provided expert oversight to the operation of BBS system on the project done through the Continual Observation and Risk Evaluation (CORE) card system in several international construction projects.
- Identified and promptly responded to emergency situations by coordinating with several different entities, such as the Fire Department, police, medics, and environmental staff, in order to maintain the command station and ensure everything were handled appropriately.
- Spearheaded the industrial hygiene evaluations and created protocols for reduction of exposure to lead, asbestos, hazardous chemicals, and occupational diseases.
- Rendered technical direction and handled various projects, such as solid waste landfills and incinerator facilities; hazardous waste and medical waste facilities; wastewater treatment plants and lagoon systems; as well as retail fuel facilities and bulk fuel storage areas.
COMPANY UVW, INC., AL ANBAR PROVINCE, IRAQ
Area Health, Safety, and Environmental Supervisor | 2007-2009
Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator | 2006-2007
Health, Safety, and Environmental Associate | 2005-2006
Performed various tasks, including gathering, reviewing, and approving area assessment reports, corrective action plans, and site surveys assuring compliance with applicable EPA and OSHA regulatory guidance.
- Conducted quarterly visits to each of the nine sites and oversaw the realization of EHS vision through commitment and employee ownership in collaboration with safety committees.
- Administered the development and implementation of risk assessment methods and systems in anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards.
- Coordinated with project and site leadership to create and achieve short- and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritized and mitigated risks.
- Provided support to the business acquisition and operation activities as well as shared services.
- Worked in collaboration with senior leadership and contract administrators in planning construction, operation, and maintenance projects.
- Successfully created and carried out programs that surpassed the compliance requirements outlined in federal regulations, DoD guidelines, corporate directives, and industry’s best management practices.
COMPANY RST, HOUSTON, TX, USA
Security Officer | 2003-2005
UNITED STATES ARMY, FORT BRAGG, NC, USA
Combat Ready EMT-B Paramedic | 1999-2001
13R1P-Senior Radar Operator for AN/TPQ-36 Firefinder Radar | 1998-2001
Master of Science in Occupational Safety and Health with Concentration in Environmental Management (2007)
RST University, ORANGE BEACH, AL, USA
Bachelor of Administration in General Business Manager, Minor in Management (2005)
UVW University, HUNTSVILLE, TX, USA
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Lean/Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Training
ISO 9001:2000 and 14001:2004 Internal Auditing/Auditor and Implementation
OHSAS 18001: Internal Auditing/Auditor and Implementation
Certified Environmental Health and Safety Management Specialist
Certified Emergency Management Specialist
Certified Safety Auditor
Certified Ergonomics Safety Technician
Certified Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Technician
OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry
OSHA 30-Hour General Industry
DOT HAZMAT Technician
Disabled American Veterans
American Society of Safety Engineers
National Safety Council
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)