Investigator Resume Sample
Investigator Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Proactive, visionary, and diligent professional, with accomplished qualifications within the security and investigation field. Armed with in-depth experience in working with the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Unit, as well as with the FBI on RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) cases. Proficient in assessing human behavior to detect deception. Powered with solid work ethic and professional demeanor, outstanding sound judgment skills, and the capability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information. Self-starter with proven effectiveness in responding to various emergency and stress situations. Highly capable of multitasking, complemented with comprehensive knowledge and proven ability to create and foster an efficient and productive work setting.
- Operations Management
- High-Risk Policing Functions
- Search and Arrest Warrants Coordination
- Emergency Response
- Law Enforcement Patrol and Investigations
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Records Management
New York City Police Department ▪ New York, NY
Brooklyn North Investigator/Police Officer
Organized Crime Control Bureau (OCCB) Firearms Investigations Unit | 2002–2005
Organized Crime Control Bureau (OCCB) Brooklyn North Narcotics Division | 1999–2002
Patrol 105th Precinct, Queens, NY |1993–1999
Patrol 77th Precinct | 1986–1993
Police Academy and Neighborhood Stabilization Unit | 1985–1986
Brooklyn North Investigator
Contributed in the overall operation of the Organized Crime Control Bureau Narcotics Division. Partnered with the Field Team in initiating and executing tactical plans. Identified and interviewed confidential informants to obtain all necessary information. Conducted visual surveillance and inspected potential buy locations. Acquired and expertly carried out search warrants. Compiled thorough documentations of each case. Handled and operated surveillance vehicles along with electronic and photographic equipment.
- Secured building and apartment layout drawings to ensure safe and effective search warrants.
- Retrieved illegal contraband and processed court prosecution of defendants.
- Worked closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to strengthen overall performance.
- Interrogated various prisoners to gather information regarding possible drug sale locations.
- Earned promotion to detective for demonstrating exemplary performance and dedication to excellence.
Routinely patrolled city streets in various commands throughout the Brooklyn and Queens territories. Developed comprehensive reports regarding response calls within time constraints. Informed and secured the safety of the public; provided roadside assistance for disabled cars and accessed locked vehicles.
- Took charge of investigating criminal or suspicious activities, identifying crime scenes, interviewing witnesses, and arresting lawbreakers.
- Streamlined traffic flow and issued tickets for parking and traffic violations.
Fgh General Contracting ▪ Nassau and Suffolk County, NY
Carpenter | 2006-Present
Company Cde ▪ Bayshore, NY
Loan Officer | 2003-Present
Education and Professional Development
Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
ABC College ▪ Selden, NY
New York Police Department (NYPD) Auto Crime School ▪ NYPD Latent Print School ▪ NYPD Street Narcotics Enforcement Unit Training ▪ New York/New Jersey High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Interview and Interrogation ▪ NYPD Asset Forfeiture Course ▪ NYPD Narcotics Investigation Course ▪ NYPD Gang Course
Awards and Recognition
- Numerous Excellent Police Duties, Meritorious Police Duties, and Commendations
- Honor Legion Citations
Affiliations and Activities
New York Police Department Honor Legion ▪ Shields Association ▪ Detective Endowment Association
President, SWR Football Fundraising Club
Board Member, Shoreham-Wading River Little League
Member, East Coast Umpires Association
Coach, Long Island Sound Sharks Football