IT Project Supervisor Resume Sample
IT Project Supervisor Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Focus of Interest: Information Technology
Well-qualified and detail oriented certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with demonstrated project management and systems implementation capabilities, complemented with commendable interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, and management skills. Possess comprehensive background in developing and implementing business solutions that leverage positive impact to the information technology industry. Excel at defining, implementing, and facilitating information gathering sessions for system requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation. Keep abreast with the latest knowledge on software development methodologies and Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
- Proven success in developing and implementing both IT and system applications, including database solutions and programming technologies that optimize business functionality while reducing costs, enhancing performance, and delivering positive bottom-line results.
- Recognized project management skills that consistently deliver complex, large-scale projects on time and within budget using multiple technologies.
- Committed to providing hands-on expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle, including designing, developing, and implementing programs.
- Acquired Top Secret Security Clearance during tenure in the United States Army.
- Multilingual in English and German languages with working knowledge in Russian.
Nop Company, Oldsmar, Florida (1998-Present)
Project Manager II | 2008-Present
Assume full responsibility in overseeing all aspects of software development life cycle, including but not limited to, directing the completion of software application programming as well as ensuring 100% on-time project delivery. Effectively lead and supervise a global virtual team of 17 consisting of 12 developers, 2 quality assurance specialists, 2 business analysts, and 1 engineer in four locations and three time zones.
- Achieved a successful completion of software application development and system design within 12 weeks. The project was completed 31 days ahead of schedule and included a complete data migration, code redesigned, and a dramatic reduction of the technology stack by 67%.
- Saved $180K in project cost avoidance within one month of application deployment.
- Provided direct leadership and early adoption to the first development team to embrace and integrate procedures with the newly created Project Management Office (PMO), Change Management Team, and Quality Team.
- Achieved the lowest incident rate and critical-severity 1 tickets in the corporate business unit.
- Assigned to the Better Projects Quicker corporate program as Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Notably chosen as the only project manager entrusted to work directly with the Vice President of Global Internet Marketing Services.
Software Developer II | 2004-2008
Singlehandedly designed, programmed, and administered the entire software development life cycle for a new application. Overhauled, implemented, and managed the software development processes and standards for the department.
Software Developer | 2000-2004
Worked on preliminary and final design systems development, integration, and testing; programmed back-end applications using Java, Perl, UNIX scripting, C++, and SQL; ensured accurate application and system documentation; assisted in systems validation and maintained coordination in configuration management. Sun Certified Programmer (SCP) for Java 1.4 platform.
Network Engineer | 1998-2000
Assisted clients nationwide with Local Area Network (LAN) and dial-up connectivity issues. Reorganized production support meetings and reduced meeting times by efficiently leading the agenda resulting in expediting the resolution of issues. Provided leadership, training, and supervision to support personnel.
United States Army, City, State
Sergeant (Sgt.) Signal Intelligence Analyst / Linguist | 1990-1995
Served as Command Language Program Supervisor responsible for maintaining computers, audio/video equipment, written materials, and testing records in multiple languages for the entire battalion of soldier linguists. Set up the Command Language Program’s computer network. Maintained linguist databases and prepared reports on linguist records.
- Honorably discharged from the United States Army.
- Functioned as Russian/German Intelligence Linguist Analyst.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Photography
ABC University, Storrs, Connecticut
Professional Training and Affiliations
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI), 2008
Competent Communicator (CC)
Toastmasters International, 2010
Volunteer | Project Management Institute (PMI), Tampa Bay Chapter, Florida
- Chapter Board Member, 2009 and 2010
- Director of Treasury, 2010
- Speaker Presenter, 2010 Tampa Bay Symposium
- Project Manager, 2009 Tampa Bay Symposium
- Participated and assisted in the Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) and Region 14 Conference