IT Specialist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
IT SPECIALIST/BUSINESS ANALYST
Utilizing Excel/Access VBA in applications development, information management, and presentation. Highly competent, results-driven, self-motivated professional with more than 5 years of combined experience in implementing information systems and business operations, backed with solid academic background in IT management, finance, and electronics.
- Known strategist in providing keen oversight to IT, computer systems, policy implementation, process improvement, and entrepreneurial business operations.
- Equipped with thorough knowledge of advanced IT principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Powered with excellent team building and interpersonal skills; able to build strong relationships across organizational levels as well as deal effectively with both internal and external clients from different backgrounds.
- Exceptional communicator; capable of processing large amount of complex information, gauging the knowledge level of the audience, as well as explaining and translating technical terms in ways that they would understand.
- Customer-oriented, known for skillfully identifying and resolving problems through developing customized solutions to the needs of each user.
IT Specialist | 2007-2011
UBS, Jersey City, NJ
Identified system areas with potential cost savings, in collaboration with business analysts. Directed and streamlined Harco Reports, as well as facilitated the creation and preparation of Ad-Hoc reports. Handled the operations and maintenance of intranet pages.
- Authored the documentation of new and old processes that were automated through VBA; created reporting tools in Microsoft Excel/Access VBA; and introduced web-based reporting using Microsoft SSRS.
- Developed a new variation of the MDS Profile Tool in Access VBA that provided a new perspective on costs by showing various statistics.
- Facilitated the achievement of a seamless process resulting in savings on time and effort by creating a SharePoint for inputting vital information with application owners.
- Created databases that improved system efficiency, including a Dual Exchange Report in Access VBA that showed which users had exchanges over both Reuters and Bloomberg, RMDS billing database in Access using VBA that saved significant amount of time as opposed to the previous system which was done manually; as well as an Excel Add-In, cutting a lot of manual time that enabled business analysts to focus on more important things.
- Allowed users/viewers access to quickly identify potential cost savings with a one-stop report, made with an integrated usage database in Access VBA.
Network Security | 2006
Mars, Hoboken, NJ
Completed the configuration of Cisco/F5/Juniper devised used for Franklin Data Center. Administered the updating of software on Cisco and F5 machines.
- Created physical layout diagrams of Franklin Data Center using Microsoft Visio and access lists for various groups that will reside on Cisco routers.
Project Coordinator | 2005
UniPress Software, Edison , NJ
Performed in-house tests on the developed software errors and usage. Conferred with customers to gather specific client business requirements.
- Developed personalized presentations for all users presenting at User Conference.
- Disseminated technical information for potential customers of the in-house software through Live Meeting.
Windows Server Team Technician | 2004-2005
ISI Mars, Mt. Olive, NJ
Spearheaded the strategic planning, deployment, and execution of the global Mars Active Directory on four different continents with more than 50,000+ users.
- Performed installation and maintenance of Windows NT and Windows 2000 and 2003 servers in testing laboratory as well as that of Citrix MetaFrame XP terminal servers for load balancing purposes.
- Provided worldwide Level 3 Support to 50,000+ Mars Associates in Microsoft Windows NT and Active Directory.
- Relied upon in replacing and installing bad hard disks, motherboards, NICs, and memory; wrote VB scripts to move 50,000+ users contained in four global domains during Active Directory migration as well as conducted documentation of Active Directory for Help Desk Support teams worldwide.
- Administered light Netware administration consisting of password resets, permissions, and group changes.
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering: 2007
STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Hoboken, NJ | GPA: 3.460
Honors: Dean’s List
Relevant Courses: Introduction to Computer Science, Engineering Design, Materials Circuits and Systems, Microprocessor Systems, Computational Data Structures and Algorithms, Modeling and Simulation, Image Processing and Coding, Engineering Management, Digital Design, Information Systems Engineering, Introduction to Networked Information Systems, Management of LANs
Certification Course: CCNA
Hardware: PC-Based systems, HP ProLiant and Dell PowerEdge Servers, Dell Workstations
Software: MS Office XP, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, Citrix MetaFrame XP
Languages: C++, Visual Basic, HTML, P-Basic, VBScript
Cooperative Education, Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity, Multicultural Greek Council