Musical Director Resume Sample
Musical Director Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly motivated and innovative professional, offering broad-based experience and professional development in the music industry, with focus in the fields of musical performance, production, and academic/music education. Integrate astute musical and teaching skills with strong drive to succeed. Highly effective leader; equipped with masterful understanding of all aspects of the media and communication. A proactive and flexible team player, with strong outstanding interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. Bilingual; fluent in English and Korean. Exhibit strong dedication and genuine desire to excel in the music environment.
Awards and musical performances include:
- Graduation Recital, Manhattan School of Music: 2009
- Winner, LaGuardia High School Concerto Competition, LaGuardia High School: 2004
- 3rd Prize, LISMA Foundation of International Music Competition: 2004
- Performer, Nadia and Max Sheppard Recital Hall of State University of New Paltz: 2005
- Participant for Piano Showcase, Performance at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall: 2000 | 2002
- 5th Prize, “Fifth Annual Beacon Center Talent Show,” YMCA: 1999
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Music | Media and Production
- Served as accompanist for the One-Act Musical for Gaia Studio’s Galileo the Musical, a musical in one-act as part of the Planet Connections Festivity 2011 in New York City.
- Oversaw improvisations in between scenes and rehearsed with casts for musical training, which served as an opportunity for networking Broadway and Off-Broadway/ Off-Off Broadway professionals.
- Proficiently edited videos, logging video entries in Microsoft Excel.
- Collaborated with MTV staff for camera set shootings for interviews and performances in various places, such as Central Park and Circle Club, NYC in New York.
- Set up stage production by putting up curtains, cameras and lighting equipments, microphone stands and chairs for video shooting.
Administrative Works | Educational Leadership
- Administered public school teachers in organizing papers and materials to teach children in the after school and summer school program.
- Tutored and assisted children from kindergarten to 5th grade on English and Math subjects and in doing homework.
- Carried out key office tasks such as answering and settling phone calls, taking notes, and translating Korean language to English and English language to Korean with teachers and the principal.
- Authored research papers on new actors, singers and talents. Improved and updated MTV Iggy website using PC computers and internet; uploaded blogs and entries.
- Served as absolute and relative pitch tester for science research for Dr. Wen Lin, performing experiment for the study on absolute and relative pitch.
- Provided two sessions for the absolute pitch study; the first session consisted of screening audio and 90 minutes in the MRI scanner, and the second session involved 90 minutes in the MRI scanner followed by 2 paper questionnaires.
MUSICAL DIRECTOR | ACCOMPANIST
Ghi Studio, New York, NY | May 2011-Jun 2011
Cdef School, Flushing, NY | Jun 2008-Aug 2011
MTV, New York, NY | May 2009-Aug 2009
ABSOLUTE AND RELATIVE PITCH TESTER
Jkl Hospital, New York, NY | Oct 2007
ABC University, Graduate School of Education, New York, NY
MASTER OF ARTS IN MUSIC
PRE K-12 CERTIFICATION: In Progress
Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY
BACHELOR OF MUSIC IN PIANO PERFORMANCE: 2010
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Burgos International Music Festival, Burgos, Spain: 2008
Accomplished private piano lessons and chamber group and solo performance
PIANO SUMMER CERTIFICATION
State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, NY: 2006
School of Fine and Performing Arts of Piano Summer Institute and Festival
Conducted solo performance at Nadia and Max Sheppard Recital Hall
CENTER FOR PREPARATORY STUDIES IN MUSIC
Queens College, Flushing, NY: 2002
Acquired music theory and aural skill classes, with private piano lessons