Pastor Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
CHILDREN’S PASTOR – ASSEMBLIES OF GOD CHURCH
Passionate, dedicated, and seasoned educator with more than 10 years of extensive experience in teaching and leading team members to ensure that children and students are provided with the best quality of education to help them grow intellectually and achieve their maximum potential. Adept at instituting measures, policies and programs to provide a safe, nurturing environment to children, in physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects.
- Hardworking and wholehearted, eager to give 100% of service in children’s ministry; accustomed to seeking new and effective ways to reach and serve children with utmost dedication.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills; able to motivate and train staff members effectively as well as communicate and empower children to perform at their best.
- Remain abreast on the latest developments in teaching, instructional resources and methods; flexible and quick to make necessary adjustments in instructional plans and activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Publisher and the Internet for research purposes; Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Bachelor of Science in Spanish Education | University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Graduated magna cum laude
Associate of Arts in General Education | Valencia Community College, Orlando, FL
Pastors Leadership Series, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Ministry Training, Southeastern Spanish District of the Assemblies of God Bible Institute
SCATT Sun Coast Teacher Training Program, University of South Florida
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – 18 hours training
Children’s Pastor | Iglesia Al Calvario AG, Orlando, FL
- Provide expert oversight to all ministries relating to children, ensuring that a physically, emotionally, and spiritually safe environment is provided and maintained for children.
- Spearhead the research, development, and implementation of Sunday morning program and curriculum for children from pre-school to 5th grade all-year-round.
- Assist in planning, preparing, and handling children’s ministry budget with guidance and direction from the church administrator.
- Assess the need and conduct necessary research for possible enrichment programs for children and families, such as mid-week programs, small groups, or Bible clubs.
- Perform pastoral care, teaching, and preaching, providing support to the senior pastor.
- Handle the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers and teaching staff for all levels of the children’s ministries.
- Led children’s team meeting and participate in weekly staff and pastoral meetings.
- Successfully boosted attendance of children as well as the number of volunteers from about 30 to 140 in the children’s ministry.
- Pioneered a registration system; trained teaching staff; and effectively organized various community outreaches and events.
Director | IEC Christian Academy, Orlando, FL
Aug 2004-Dec 2006
- Conducted evaluation as well as developed and implemented effective and clear procedures for the school’s functions and operations; ensured that that discipline and attendance systems and measures are implemented in a fair, consistent, and effective manner.
- Developed and established an annual master schedule for instructional programs as well as procedures for emergency and disaster drills.
- Supervised the instructional programs of the school, ensuring high quality instruction through regular evaluation of lesson plans and observation of classes.
- Conducted regular consultation meetings with staff and kept them updated regarding some ideas to improve school operations; as well as maintained regular and open communication with parents, seeking their support and advice in order to enhance students’ performance.
- Set up measures to ensure health, security, and welfare of students, employees and visitors within the school premises.
- Managed and accounted for all student activity funds and money collected from students; as well as ensured confidentiality in all student records and information.
- Pioneered the establishment and managed the promotion of high standards and expectations on quality academic performance and responsibility for behavior of all students and staff.
- Established procedures that successfully created and maintained attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities in the school premises.
Spanish Teacher | Poinciana High School, Kissimmee, FL
Aug 1994-May 2004
- Facilitated active learning experiences by carefully planning, preparing, and delivering instructional activities as well as using relevant technology for more interesting instructional method.
- Developed lesson plans; established and communicated clear objectives in learning activities; assigned homework; and administered tests.
- Selected and identified appropriate instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
- Closely observed and evaluated student’s performance and development by providing constant encouragement to ensure continuous progress of individual students and by maintaining accurate and complete records of students’ progress.
- Set up and strictly enforced rules and procedures to manage student behavior, applying appropriate disciplinary measures as necessary.
Nominee, Ida S Baker Minority Teacher of the Year | Osceola County Schools: 1997
Women Who Make History, featured in Magazine Tu Vida Hoy: April 2011
District Youth Secretary | Assembly of God, Southeaster Spanish District: 1997-2001
- Coordinated Christmas gift giveaway for more than 1200 children in the community and organized Fall festivals with more than 1000 persons in attendance.
- Volunteered as staff for a vacation Bible school with over 100 participants.
- Organized and mobilized more than 40 volunteers to serve in the Child Care Department of the General Council of Assembly of God in Orlando.