Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Enthusiastic, dynamic and highly focused Certified Pharmaceutical Technician, offering broad based experience in the healthcare industry; with focus in pharmacy and medication, general management, and pharmacy laws and procedures compliance.
- Motivated and proactive professional with excellent communication, administrative, problem solving, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Technically proficient; demonstrate strong command of basic medical procedures and terminology, basic knowledge of NexGen operating system, and ability to effectively prioritize and manage a broad range of responsibilities.
- Lifelong learner with keen attention to detail and unswerving commitment to highest standards of professional and personal service.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Pharmaceutical Expertise
- Medical and Regulatory Compliance
- Administrative/Inventory Management
- Technical Proficiency
- Customer and Personal Service
- Leadership and Team Building
Rite Aid Pharmacy, Hamilton, NJ
A Fortune 500 company and 3rd largest drugstore chain in USA
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN | Jun 2006-Present
- Exemplify extensive knowledge of brand and generic medications, in compliance with pharmacy laws.
- Carry out data entry of prescriptions into the computer, and assess and interpret prescription orders.
- Proficiently count, fill and label prescription bottles with correct medications.
- Coordinate with third party companies for prior authorization and billing issues.
- Efficiently order medication stock replenishment, administering inventory overstock and outdate procedures.
- Assume various responsibilities, such as managing the cash register and providing customer refills and doctor prescriptions over the phone.
- Maintain patient records as well as pharmacy flow. Provide necessary pharmacy calculations with regard to prescriptions.
Eckerd Drug, Hamilton, NJ
American drug store chain acquired by Rite Aid
PHARMACY CLERK/TECHNICIAN | Feb 2002-Jun 2006
- Successfully accomplished the company’s technician training, integrating knowledge of the company’s pharmaceutical procedures and operations.
- Oversaw the cash register; ensured delivery of quality customer service; and took customer refills over the phone.
- Carried out counting, filling and labeling of prescriptions with correct medications. Recorded refills into the computer accurately.
- Provided data entry of prescriptions into the computer. Efficiently evaluated and interpreted prescription orders.
COURSEWORK TOWARD PRE-PHARMACY AND SPANISH, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
State of New Jersey Registered Pharmacy Technician, New Jersey State Board of Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Training, Mercer County Community College (MCCC), West Windsor, NJ