Project Manager Resume Sample
Project Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly reliable, results-oriented, and versatile junior military officer with progressive experience and transferrable skills in project management, leadership, client/internal communications, finance, equipment maintenance, and customer service. Demonstrated adeptness in producing and completing quality outputs regardless of the degree of difficulty of the assignment. Possess praiseworthy academic and professional records, receiving honors for meeting and exceeding expectations in job knowledge and dependability on task assignments. Consistently recognized by superiors for demonstrating exceptional work ethic, leadership, and professionalism.
- Strategic Planning and Goal Setting
- Consistent Strong and Quality Results
- Client/Community/Stakeholder Relations
- Solutions-Focused Account Service
- Project Execution and Quality Assurance
- Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring
- Executed project management and quality assurance of 20 contracts worth $1.5M for development/humanitarian aid projects, which improved infrastructure benefiting 100,000 people.
- Planned and led logistics to transport $10M worth of equipment and materials to and from 30-day training exercise, covering 2,400 miles with 100% accountability; enabled effective deployment preparations.
- Served as second-in-command of a 90-person field artillery battery, managing the maintenance and accounting of $10M worth of vehicles and equipment. Functioned as Unit Movement Officer, spearheading the inspection and logistics planning in transporting equipment as unit movement officer.
- Played a vital role in planning and directing artillery fire support for 830-person infantry battalion as well as in civil military operations in Afghanistan for a 600-person infantry battalion.
- Managed and provided recommendations on government, reconstruction, and development efforts.
Key Relationship Management
- Facilitated the successful investment of more than $90M of development aid to advance US/Afghan partnership through well-established critical/effective relationships with Afghans, multiple international development agencies, and security forces.
- Established strong and long-term relationships, using charismatic interpersonal skills, among many levels of organizations and communities, and interact well with individuals from diverse organizational and cultural backgrounds.
- Performed liaison work between local government leaders and security forces, international security, development agencies, and two U.S. Special Forces teams.
- Achieved 100% combat readiness for 3 armor platoons in both traditional and non-traditional fighting skills by driving transformation of artillery platoon into motorized infantry platoon; providing expert oversight and supervision for a rigorous 3-week training exercise; as well as completing inspection and accounting of equipment and materials for transport.
- Established and mentored a 5-person government, reconstruction, and development team; achieving unprecedented results that enabled positive change and improved quality of life in tumultuous environment in Afghan District.
- Led, trained, and organized a 30-person platoon; strategized and coordinated future battalion size operations through serving as special projects officer.
- Conducted training to a 40-person field artillery platoon on fires and maneuver operations. Maintained/employed 155 towed Howitzer artillery guns and vehicles valued at more than $1M.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Captain | UNITED STATES ARMY: 2006-PRESENT
Assistant Battalion Officer – Jun 2010-Present
- Led the team to rank at 1st place among fire support platoons during Brigade Best Fire Support Platoon Certification, through a well-developed complex training plan that prepared platoon for combat operations.
Civil Military Operations Officer, Afghanistan – Jun 2009-Jun 2010
- Successfully instituted 2 functioning governments that provided public services including employment and labor laws; mentored 2 Afghan district governors, government/security/tribal leaders, and locals during 250+ meetings.
- Selected out of 4,000-person Brigade as guest instructor at Counterinsurgency Academy in Afghanistan on government, reconstruction, and development for multi-national forces, including 100 more senior officers.
- Lauded by commander as “the best civil affairs officer” through 3 year-long deployments, and noted for “performing exceptionally” despite having no prior formal training in civil military operations.
Battery Executive Officer – Dec 2008-Jun 2009
- Led battery operations independently from command during 30-day training exercise in preparation for deployment to Afghanistan, resulting in successful live fire exercises/patrols and increase in combat readiness.
Platoon Leader – Dec 2006-Dec 2008
- Ranked in top 3 among 21 lieutenants; commended by battalion commander for advanced leadership skills like that of senior officers.
Athletic Intern/Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach – Jun 2006-Dec 2006
- Trained and proactively coached 30 cadet athletes; rendered administrative, operational and logistical support for NCAA Division I Preparatory School Athletic Program leading to their acceptance to United States Military Academy.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Math/Science Core Curriculum
Major in Law and Legal Studies, Minor in Systems Engineering: 2006
UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY, NY
Training: Unit Movement Officer, Information Operations Officer, Airborne School, Field Artillery Officer Basic Course
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Programming (West Point)
Bronze Star Medal * Army Commendation Medal * Army Achievement Medal/National Defense
Service Medal * Afghanistan Campaign Medal * Global War on Terrorism Service Medal * Army
Service Ribbon * Overseas Service Ribbon * Combat Action Badge
Lacrosse Coach, 7-12th Graders in Seattle, WA
2nd Team Patriot League Honors, Army Lacrosse: 2006
Intern, Department of Defense Office of the General Counsel at the Pentagon: 2005