Salon Manager Resume Sample
Salon Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Area of Focus: Colorado Springs
Hands-on, well-organized, personable, and highly creative professional, offering solid educational background and progressive years of experience in customer service, organizational management, and staff supervision and training. Proven ability to thoroughly analyze an organization’s critical business requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for enhancing competitiveness, increasing revenues, as well as improving customer service, customer loyalty, and company profitability.
- Competent in transforming effective marketing strategies in launching new products based on market research and customer specifications, which resulted to development of market share and optimization of organizational revenue.
- Powered with exceptional organizational, multitasking, and interpersonal skills to foster motivating, positive work environments.
- Capable of establishing professional relationships with customers, vendors, and executives within multiple industries while maximizing sales opportunities.
- Sharp-minded and detail-oriented, with proven ability to comprehend and formulate new concepts quickly.
VWX SALON SUITES | LINCOLN, NE
Independent Cosmetologist (Self-Employed) | 2006-Present
- Oversee the sales and services of beauty products, specializing in hair coloring.
- Demonstrate wide range of cosmetology skill set that encompasses hair extensions and nail shellac techniques.
- Assume control to all financial aspects of the independent cosmetology business, including prices setting, monthly expense budgeting, advertising and promotions, ordering, bank transactions management, balancing, as well as credit card merchant account setup and maintenance.
- Increased yearly revenue for six consecutive years running.
HIKJ Cosmetology | LINCOLN, NE
Independent Cosmetologist (Self-Employed) | 1998–2006
- Performed personal ordering for the business’ salon and retail sides as well as created and maintained workbook for self.
- Established and managed overall aspects of the business, from ground up.
- Expanded client base by 50% in just a one-year timeframe.
- Successfully enhanced retail product annual sales.
BBCDE -SALON RAJAN | LINCOLN, NE
District Manager | 1992–1998
- Carried out HR functions, including hiring, firing, and evaluating staff as well as pay and raises negotiation.
- Worked on balancing the cash register; administering bookkeeping at the end of each week; and handling bank deposits and change withdrawals.
- Ensured stock availability by ordering supplies and retail product for the salon.
- Cultivated and maintained solid relationship with salon vendors and distributors.
- Accomplished a variety of tasks simultaneously, including hairstyling, staff training, and general management of the salon’s retail side and supervision of stylists’ performance.
- Facilitated training regarding product knowledge for the staff.
- Provided support in promotions and marketing, including producing TV advertisements for the company.
- Launched and operated two new branches in different locations, handling both salon and retail sides.
- Played an instrumental role in the institution of the first Refill / Recycle Center for salon retails products in Lincoln, NE.
- Effectively managed concurrent operations of three locations as the district manager.
FGHI COMPANY| LINCOLN, NE
Cosmetology and Barbering Course
ABCD COLLEGE | LINCOLN, NE
Products: Biolage, Sexy Hair, Aquage, KMS, Bed Head, American Crew, Rusk, Nioxin, Matrix, Joico, Sebastian, Hayashi, Aveda
Color Lines: So Color, Wella, Framesi, and Goldwell, CND (products lines for nails), California Tan (tanning), as well as Helen of Troy styling tools
Dual License in Cosmetology and Barbering