Senior Chemist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Seasoned Quality Assurance and Food Management professional with experience in the food and personal care industries. Expertise includes quality assurance, business needs identification, objectives development and achievement, and project management. Additional skills include product disposition, analytical testing, HPLC, GC, instrument calibration, and training. Recognized by senior management the ability to execute deliverables, provide strong team leadership, and act as a key agent of change. Demonstrated willingness to take on new challenges in support of company goals.
Areas of expertise include:
- Project Management
- Product Applications Development
- Continuous Quality Improvements
- Food Safety Administration
- Customer Support
- Regulatory Compliance
Corn Products International, Bedford Park, IL | 1998-2011
SENIOR CHEMIST-INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST (2010-2011)
Rendered technical support to end-user customer, field sales, and internal personnel in conducting standardized qualitative and quantitative test on products to identify physical and chemical properties; served as primary resource on products specifications, techniques used, and available substitutions. Coordinated workloads as outlined to departmental goals and business needs, including monitoring intra-departmental projects and processing 50% of the samples submitted into the laboratory.
- Successfully resolved numerous conflicts and issues through site visits, telephone conversation, and follow ups with written documentation and trend analysis.
- Effectively employed technical, troubleshooting, and task management skills in the development and implementation of new applications in alignment to business and product enhancement objectives.
- Instrumental in the commercialization of the Coragum corrugating adhesive liquid additives, supporting the comprehensively testing of corrugated board samples from customer trials in the TAPPI laboratory by recording performance improvements.
SENIOR CHEMIST, Personal Care (2003-2009)
Proactively involved in the launch of the company’s cosmetic, health, and beauty application and product line. Utilized available food product line of corn syrups, corn starches, and corn oils in formulating a wide variety of novel personal care formulations for each product line.
- Leveraged buying opportunities by developing a variety of prototype formulations for the personal care product line.
- Teamed up with personal care team members and marketing staff in managing trade show action items, which included submitting and revising formulas, updating technical data sheets, and improving product evaluation post cards for featured personal care formulas.
- Rendered hands-on management to a series of projects intended to test functionality traits of raw materials used in the product line to demonstrate efficiency and general properties and record information for technical data sheets.
- Boosted sales performance by identifying niche market for ingredients.
- Facilitated training to the distributors on product line to strengthen sales capabilities.
- Effectively conveyed personal care expertise to new employee, enabling successful delivery of technical support concerning personal care product line and product endorsement for personal care formulation.
QC Group Leader (2000-2003)
Assessed and approved finished products and analytical data. Oversaw product disposition process while resolving discrepancies. Monitored and improved performance of 15 refinery laboratory operators through mentoring. Coordinated finished product and process quality data, including collecting, monitoring, tracking, and publishing to support the unit management personnel in tracking process performance. Rendered subject matter expertise throughout the analytical testing. Liaised with customers on audits and guided the resolution of major quality issues in collaboration with corporate QA, ensuring compliance with established regulations and company standards.
- Initiated and executed Good Laboratory Practices program for QC laboratories.
- Facilitated the Instrumentation Training Program that minimized instrumentation data error by 25% due to user error and prevented erroneous data from being released from the QC laboratory.
- Created inventory tracking system that reduced cost, decreased downtime due to parts shortages, and reconciled excessive inventory by 15% that compared to budget.
- Implemented ISO program and written Standard Operating Procedures for In-processing and finished product testing for the Refinery Laboratory, which includes calibration and training.
Calibration Chemist (1998-2000)
Executed quality control testing on various corn products, facilitated analytical methods training of QA/QC staff and technicians and operators, and conducted internal analytical audits to evaluate QA/QC staff and technicians’ performance based on analytical methodology. Assessed new analytical instrumentation /methodology to augment existing techniques.
- Performed calibration and maintenance on analytical equipment at satellite.
- Compiled specialized testing for sample audit program, including Corn Refinery Association (CRA) standard samples, corporate standard samples, and operator testing.
- Provided resolutions to multiple customer analytical discrepancies through fostered communication with customers.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Research and Development Laboratory Analyst • Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, Chicago, IL
Quality Assurance Technician • Farley Candy Company, Chicago, IL
Master of Business Administration in Management: 2003
Saint Xavier University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Chemistry
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
ISO International Auditor Certification
Analytical Methods Presentations for Training Workshops in Wet Chemistry, HPLC, and GC
Center for Professional Advancement-Cosmetic Formulation Seminar
Center for Professional Advancement-Hair Product Development
Society of Cosmetic Chemistry, Tappi