System and Network Administrator Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
System and Network Administrator
System Administration | Satellite Communications | Cryptography Expertise | Network Administration Equipment Assembly | Network Architecture | UNIX Based Systems | Linux Based Systems | Microsoft Networks | Network Troubleshooting | Information Security Quality Assurance | Inventory Control | Team Building | IT Customer Service
Results-driven, competent, and reliable IT professional with six years of experience in telecommunications, information technology, and IS while supporting US Navy missions and global operations. Deployed four times in the US Navy, including a one year system and network administration work in Afghanistan with the US Army. Demonstrate adeptness in providing Local Area Network support and aptitude in supervising personnel who handle operations of various computers.
- Hands-on leader with ability to lead, motivate, and coordinate technical teams and projects; familiar with planning and supervising technology implementations and upgrades.
- Equipped with strong interpersonal and communication skills; soliciting cooperation and resolving problems by establishing strong relations with department heads, managers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Proficient with Domain Name Service (DNS), Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Currently possess Active Security Clearance, TS (SCI eligible).
- Successfully restored corrupted USS Chung-Hoon domain and exchange servers into full capacity within only eight hours, enabling capabilities and official duties to resume to normal operations for more than 200 employees.
- Strategically planned, coordinated, and implemented security measures to effectively secure information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, and disclosure.
- Effectively led personnel in configuring and maintaining Radio Frequency data and voice circuits in the frequency ranges of Ultra High Frequency (UHF), High Frequency (HF), Super High Frequency (SHF), Very High Frequency (VHF), and Extremely High Frequency (EHF).
- Played a vital role in improving Navy efficiency and work productivity through demonstrated leadership in supervising and training team members and junior personnel as Communications Watch Officer onboard USS Chung-Hoon; Work Center Supervisor for the Automated Data Processing Center; and Trainer for hundreds of Navy reservist on the MSOC program and cryptography safe practices.
United States Navy
Local Element Manager | Information Security Officer | Communications Officer
Military Sealift Command ▪ Korea | 2010–Present
- Accountable for the safe management and maintenance of four MSOC vans with classified machines, UHF/VHF Radios, and Inmarsat capabilities along with all security patches installed in the vans.
- Ensure compliance to DOD standards by maintaining the EKMS vault.
- Administer the issuance and direct the destruction of superseded cryptography.
System and Network Administrator
Deployment Assignment ▪ Darulaman, Afghanistan | 2007–2008
- Provided technical assistance in PC maintenance, helpdesk, and wireless network management.
- Served as SATCOM radio operator and managed the issuance and filling of cryptography keys for the US Army.
USS Chung-Hoon (DDG93) ▪ Pearl Harbor, HI | 2006–2007, 2008–2010
- Led the management and maintenance of the ship’s NIPRNET and SIPRNET Local Area Networks (LAN), which included two domain controllers, Microsoft Exchange Server, and four Member Servers; along with over 100 Windows XP client computers.
- Configured and maintained network devices, such as routers, switches, and hubs; implemented Group Policy and Active Directory.
- Ensured that system backups were maintained daily, weekly, and monthly in compliance to command’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performed troubleshooting and repair, and resolved account issues and various network issues on routers and switches.
- Performed frequent audits on server event logs, ISA Internet monitoring logs, and Symantec AV security logs in order to prevent security breaches.
TECHNOLOGIES WORKED ON
- Alcatel Switches
- KG-175 (TACLANE) Cryptographic Device
- Cisco 3745 Router
- RAID Technology
- KYV-7M Cryptographic Device
- KY-58 Cryptographic Device
- KG-84 Cryptographic Device
- KIV-7 Cryptographic Device
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server
- TCP/IP Technology
Department of Defense Computer Systems:
Common User Digital Information Exchange Subsystem (CUDIXS) | Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS) | Bandwidth Efficiency Satellite Transponder (B.E.S.T.) | NTCSS (Navy Tactical Command and Support System)
2 Navy Achievement Medals w Army Commendation Medal
Good Conduct Award w Fleet Leader of Commendation
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems: In Progress (Expected Date of Completion: Apr 2012)
University of Maryland ▪ College Park, MD
- Security+: In Progress (Expected Date of Certification: Sep 2012)
- Interconnecting Network Devices Schools (ICND 1): 2011
- Mobile Sealift Operation Center (MSOC) Schools: 2010
- Local Element Manager: 2010
- Microsoft Training: 2010
- Completed, Navy Journeymen Network Core “C” School: 2010
- EKMS Local Element Manger Schools: 2010
- UNIX Training: 2008
- Information Systems Technician Class: 2006