Why Include an Objective Statement in Resumes?
Starting and including an objective in your resume is very important. It mentions clearly the position you desire. It is also an indication that your goals are relative to the position you want. Objectives can really have an impact on your application, so make sure to create near perfect resumes.
Having an objective is always optional in resumes. You can also improve your application by using other terms such as “Focus” or “Career Target” instead of using the usual “Objective.”
In being particular with the profession or role that you want, you will be more effective and competent. Including a relevant job description will help. Of course you must be straightforward with the position for which you are applying. A precise and definite goal is important for an employer who is reviewing your pre-employment document for the first time.
Samples of general objectives:
(You can use some of the keywords and match them.)
- Interested in a full-time position of [position desired] where I can use my [specific skills].
- Seeking for a position where I can use my strengths and skills in the field of [expertise].
- A dedicated [career] with [number of years] years of experience in [field] looking for a [position desired] position.
- To develop my knowledge and skills and work with a progressive company.
- I am looking for a position in [field] that is challenging to my career.
- To be productive and help the company by sharing my capabilities.
- To contribute to the company’s growth utilizing my knowledge and [specific skills].
- To contribute my knowledge from years of experience in this well established institution.
- I want to utilize my skills, knowledge, and expertise that I acquired in my previous work as a [position desired].
- Seeking a challenging position in [position desired] where I will be able to apply my skills professionally.
- I am a highly proficient [position desired] looking for an opportunity to excel more in my field.
- I am highly motivated to serve as [position desired] to be able to contribute my expertise and knowledge to the company.
- To become an added asset to the company by contributing and applying my expertise.
- To be able to work in a position where I can have the opportunity to contribute my knowledge and skills for the continued growth and success of the company.
- Seeking a position where I can use my communication skills for the benefit of the company and others.
- Looking for a position in the [field/nature of work] and ensuring the company’s growth and success.
Keep in mind that it is better to make that first impression. Do not show any doubtful and cryptic message in your objective. You can start looking for catchy and powerful words in a thesaurus to make your objective meaningful and attention grabbing. Expect that there will be a lot of resumes that your employer will review and screen even in a few hours within the day. It is, therefore, important to make a good initial impression to be interviewed and land the job.