Account Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
ACCOUNT MANAGER – Georgia and Florida
Southern Business Unit
- Goal-oriented and results-driven manager with more than 10 years of demonstrated competence in leading sales, marketing and operations, whether in a farm or an emergency medical services provider.
- Adept in providing crop and research farming services as well as coordinating complex agricultural programs, plant and pest services.
- Proven track record in effectively leading, coaching and training employees in order to improve performance and orient them to ensure compliance on various policies and standards.
- Remain abreast in technical knowledge on agricultural practices and various fluctuations on product price.
- Possess extensive background in agricultural operations that support research, extension, and teaching activities.
- Powered with well-honed communication, interpersonal, and negotiation capabilities, accustomed to effectively building networks with various equipment, seed, and fertilizer companies.
- Hardworking and dedicated, capable of working long and non-traditional hours, particularly during peak season.
- Proficient in various computer programs, such as EZ Steer system and Auto steer system; familiar with Trimble’s systems used for GPS guidance, application control, and water management; as well as with various Microsoft programs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Sales & Negotiation
- Coaching & Conflict Resolution
- Recruitment & Training
- Customer Service & Relations
- Product Function, Application & Management
- Marketing & Promotion Strategies
- Budget Analysis & Accounting
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Spearheaded the planning and smooth implementation of the daily operations in a 600-acre row crop and forage research farm, handling research plots from management to harvest.
- Directly managed marketing activities of Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition to agricultural companies.
- Provided expert direction to 30 employees, motivating them toward attainment of company goals.
- Served as liaison that facilitated interaction among the hospital executive management, Colquitt County Board of Commissioners, and the community.
- Oversaw budget management, facilities, and equipment inspections; administered policies to ensure compliance with OSHA and state safety standards.
- Developed and implemented standard operating procedures.
RECRUITMENT & TRAINING
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired high quality employees who can perform efficiently and provide excellent customer service.
- Pioneered a quality assurance program on employee performance and a paperless system to monitor staff’s performance.
- Evaluated individual performances of staff against standards, proving inputs and recommendations for improvement, and administering disciplinary actions, if necessary.
- Facilitated the conduct of employees’ monthly and yearly training programs to help workers maintain their certifications.
- Performed monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of training activities and program’s effectiveness.
STRATEGIC SALES & MARKETING
- Led efforts in securing 24% sales increase in only 6 months by restructuring the billing process and decreased costs by 18% in 6 months by streamlining the supplies.
- Conducted market analysis and maintain business relations with various equipment, seed, and chemical companies and universities; utilized accounting practices to assist in reducing costs, conducting budget analysis, and preparing profit and loss reports.
- Identified prospect opportunities and sought out potential exhibitors to show off their products on the research farm for the annual large farm show.
- Planned, organized, and coordinated all preparations for the national farm show attended by 200,000 people yearly and for the Field Day of Research Farm showcase held every July.
- Provided marketing support in the development and execution of plans for products of agricultural equipment, seeds, and fertilizer companies in order to earn higher revenues from their participation in the exhibit or from research farm fees.
- Traveled and served as resource person on research trial performance at grower meetings in at least five agricultural shows across the United States and in the southeast region.
- Developed a network of contacts in the southeast region with numerous farmers and retail agriculture stores along with a network of fellowship with various agricultural companies, University of Georgia researchers, and equipment companies.
- Coordinated with various university agronomists, including Dr. Glen Harris – row crop fertility research, Dr. Phillip Roberts – University of Georgia (UGA) entomologist, and Dr. Stanley Culpepper – UGA Weed Science. Perform in the conduct of research on various southeastern row crops.
- Ensured that downtime and loss of services to customers were reduced through the successful implementation of a preventative vehicle maintenance program.
Farm-Site Manager | 2016-Present
Company ABC, Moultrie, GA
Director of Emergency Medical Services | 2013-2016
Company CDE, Moultrie, GA
Training Officer/ Paramedic | 2007-2015
Company EFG, Adel, GA
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration of Organizational Leadership: 2014-2015
GHI College, LaGrange/ Albany, GA
Business Core Curriculum: 2010-2013
IJK University, Valdosta, GA
Paramedic – Georgia Licensure | Valdosta Technical College, Valdosta, GA
Emergency Medical Technician – Georgia Licensure | KLM College, Valdosta, GA