Annual Giving Consultant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
ANNUAL GIVING CONSULTANT
Experienced nonprofit professional with broad leadership experience in diverse philanthropic activities. Adept at managing budgets, raising funds, developing programs, producing events, and recruiting members and volunteers. Extremely focused with unparalleled work ethic; equipped with unsurpassed skills in community outreach, staff supervision, and public and media relations. Armed with strong professional background in advancing sales, marketing, and administration of nonprofit organizations through exemplary and innovative marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Grants Management
- Financial and Budgetary Management
- Public/Community Relations Management
- Program Administration
- Fundraising and Corporate Sponsorships
- Analytic and Strategic Planning
- Social Media
- Capital Campaigns and Promotions
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Sales and Marketing
- Proposal Research and Development
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- TypePad (plus various fundraising programs)
- Raizer’s Edge
- Constant Contact
Typing Speed: 100 WPM
- Competently functioned as executive producer of 12 television specials, numerous public service announcements, and show-stopping events various locations; uniquely qualified to balance and blend creative aspects of marketing with practical objectives of the organization.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with legislative and other government leaders; gained formative experience in promoting the interests of various organizations, including the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, American Oceanic Organization, University of Virginia, Center for Oceans Law and Policy, National Energy Resources Organization, US Centers for Disease Control, and the Smithsonian Institution.
- Singlehandedly instituted Harrison Management Company and the Antonio Lopez Foundation; cofounded HMA Associates, founded Hispanic Designers Inc., one of the top 33 Hispanic organizations in the US, and functioned as former President and Executive Director of which is.
- Gained recognition for advancing the interests of Hispanic designers in health and education.
STUV CONSULTANCY | DC, MARYLAND, VIRGINIA, AND NEW YORK
Principal | 2008-Present
Hold leadership role in managing business turnaround, strategic planning, development planning, website redesign, grant writing, and social media marketing as well as in providing nonprofit capacity-building consulting for three organizations:
Foundation Administrator, Tai Chi Foundation and School of Tai Chi Chuan
- Performed well as the first foundation administrator for two years; directed the development of a new website (one for apprentices and one for the public) along with a five-year strategic plan and membership criteria.
- Authored various marketing materials for local schools and the first policies and procedures manual.
- Actively served on the Curriculum Review Committee creating a formal teaching curriculum as well as on the Certification Committee in charge of training and marketing.
- Delivered exemplary service in marketing annual trainings in Europe and the US to apprentices and the general public.
- Prepared and presented monthly newsletters as well as the marketing plan for recently released “Roots & Branches 5 Element Qi Gong” instructional DVD.
- Initiated the application of direct mail promotional materials and an Amazon Associate program.
- Managed social media for TCF, innovatively restored website, and launched membership campaign.
- Wrote and managed five-year strategic, marketing, membership, and promotion plan.
Director of Development | Synchronicity Foundation (VA)
- Led efforts in bringing new opportunities for the organization, while facilitating the first strategic plan and development plan, including heavy media portion for their spiritual director, Master Charles Cannon.
- Took full charge in the creation of a “School of Modern Spirituality” to bring the curriculum of high-tech meditation, holistic lifestyle education, and recognitions program under one umbrella, for both online and on-site trainings.
- Provided direct supervision to a committee of eight, staff and volunteers in developing curriculum and format for the school.
- Made major contributions in producing the organization’s first Development Department and fundraising plan.
Consultant | One Life Alliance
- Directed start-up for Kia Scherr, a founder of One Life Alliance and Mumbai terror attack widow, to provide development and capacity-building services that resulted in the formation of an Indian Trust being funded solely by a corporation in India
- Leveraged adeptness in writing accurate case statement, annual report, and e-mail fundraising letters
- Managed the website restoration and designed the international community building website that served as the centerpiece of the OLA global project
- Authored and received approval for Tata Corporation’s ($2.7M) proposal for a global digital media community project
- Supervised all phases of (24-month, $200K) project based in Mumbai as a preliminary pilot program
VWX COMPANY | Washington, DC
President and Executive Director | 1985-2001
- Managed and coordinated the planning, operations, marketing, finance, and administration of the agency, while directing efforts of 12 full- and part-time staff and consultants and numerous volunteers in California, Florida, Texas, and Washington DC.
- Employed exemplary interpersonal skills in collaborating with agency’s Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and Special Events Committee to develop strategic plans and annual budgets, driving initiatives in education and health management.
- Delivered keen oversight to multi-million-dollar campaigns and budgets through a combination of Fortune 500 fundraising, special event fundraising, and individual gifts.
- Completed and submitted all pertinent annual reports, biennial certified audits, financial reports, and tax returns.
- Applied best management practices in recruiting celebrity artists and graphic designers to work pro bono and support the organization’s initiatives.
- Spearheaded the successful negotiation of service contracts from television and show production to printing while maintaining high quality at best cost.
- Directed the selling of television rights of an annual event to two networks, generating additional revenues for the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing 10-year Centers for Disease Control grant of more than $1M to produce culturally-appropriate Spanish and English public service announcements targeting national Hispanic communities.
- Participated in writing and directing public service announcements aired nationally and internationally, with more than $7M in broadcast value for CDC.
- Instituted a foundation focused on effective human resource management, which encompassed the organization’s first employee policy and procedure manual; employee benefits plan implementation; personal development through individualized coaching and mentoring that improved staff performance; and volunteer base development across United States that drove the establishment of the organization’s volunteer base.
- Served as key contributor in improving educational opportunities for the Hispanic community, while granting approximately $200K in scholarships to students.
- Established mutual partnerships with various universities to promote Hispanic recruitment efforts while supervising an annual student internship program in Washington, DC that drove the development of 8- and 12-week internships with college credits and financial compensations.
- Effectively oversaw and maintained student design contests and several scholarship programs, including recycling design, Antonio Lopez Illustration Scholarship, Oscar de la Renta Design Award, Paloma Picasso Design Award, and the Carolina Herrera Design Award.
- Played an instrumental role in promoting additional scholarships through a National Hispanic Model Search conducted in 37 US markets and sponsored by JC Penney.
- Produced more than 100 show-stopping events in United States, Mexico, and Spain named “The Hispanic Designers Show and Gala,” which enhanced the agency’s visibility through regular featured articles in Vogue, Selecta Magazine, and other major magazines.
- Promoted luncheons, award ceremonies, and press events that improved corporate sponsorship while keeping the integrity of designers and the nonprofit intact.
- Developed productive relationships with celebrities, including First Lady Barbara Bush and Paloma Picasso as well as Jack Valenti, President of the Motion Picture Association of America, in various locations, including the White House and the Capitol.
- Applied expertise in improving the depth and variety of the organization’s fundraising tools.
- Singlehandedly developed and utilized effective fundraising materials, including award-winning promotional and marketing materials that leveraged the talents of pro bono illustrators and artists.
- Led all initiatives in establishing and marketing the first website.
STUV COMPANY | Leesburg and Charlottesville, VA
Principal | 2002-2008
Arts Management Program | 2011
MNO UNIVERSITY | Amherst, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Communications | 1982
KLM UNIVERSITY | Washington, DC
Accounting and Economics | 1984
JKL UNIVERSITY | Fairfax, VA
TRAINING AND CREDENTIALS
Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Leadership | 2010
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY AND SOCIETY FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
Certificate in Fund Raising | 1981
THE FUND RAISING SCHOOL, Indiana University
Gotham Writers’ Workshop, NY, NY | 2010
Virginia Real Estate License
AWARDS AND HONORS
Florida Emmy Award, AIDS Public Service Announcement
Writing Award, First Virginia Bank Annual Report by Ad Club
Honored by City of Miami Mayor, Annual HDI Event
Seraphin Award, International Fine Arts College (now the Miami International University of Art & Design)
People to Watch, Washingtonian Magazine
Who’s Who in Southern Women (10 Years)
Featured in Time Magazine, 1988 “Magnifique” about Hispanic Population Growth
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Americans for the Arts
- Virginians for the Arts
- Virginia Association of Museums
- The Foundation Center
- International Society of Altered Book Artists
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence Virginia
- Piedmont Council for the Arts, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Board Member, Chamber of Commerce, Charlottesville, VA and Lancaster County, VA
- Board Member, Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter, Leesburg, VA
- Downtown Business Association, Charlottesville, VA; White Stone, VA; Leesburg, VA
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Vice President, Story Tapestries (MD), Nonprofit Arts Organization
- Vice President, One Life Alliance (VA), Nonprofit Humanitarian Organization
- Organizer, First Winter “Dickens Festival”, White Stone, VA
- Member, Lancaster Players, Local Theatre, Ad Hoc Committee, White Stone, VA
- Sponsor, Old House Group, Leesburg, VA
- Member, Main Street Committee, Leesburg, VA
- Chairman, Goose Creek Herb Guild Annual Fair, Oatlands, Leesburg, VA
- Member, Langley School, Graduation Events Committee, McLean, VA
- Presenter, National Society of Fundraising Executives on Special Events
- Presenter, National Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Association on Board Development, Baltimore, MD
CELEBRITIES RECRUITED FOR PRO BONO SERVICE
- Cameron Diaz
- Gloria Estefan
- Cristina Saralegui
- Paloma Picasso
- Elizabeth Peña
- Carlos Santana
- Candy Pratts Price
- Carolina Herrera
- Rita Moreno
- Janet Jackson
- Giselle Fernandez
- Esai Morales
- Edward James Olmos
- Antonio Lopez
- Manuel Cuevas
- Nely Galan
- Fran Lebowitz
- Fernando Sanchez
- David Diaz
- Fernando Allende
- Oscar de la Renta
- Narciso Rodriguez
- Barbara Bush
- Nancy Reagan
- Hillary Clinton
- Angel Sanchez