Apparel Product Development Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
APPAREL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Remarkably creative, proactive, and results-focused professional with 10 years of immense management experience in product development, design, and quality assurance of apparel within highly competitive environments. Demonstrate strong command in all aspects of product development spanning from design to commercialization, which include materials, trim sourcing, costing, negotiation, lab dips, design, and fittings. Employ hands-on and cross-functional leadership style, with proven success in ensuring well-organized, high-quality, and on-time delivery of products.
- Looked upon as the co-pilot and heart of the department, being the point person next to the director, tasked with multiple managerial responsibilities while remaining to be a cooperative team player, easy to work with and ready to assist to complete projects and reach company goals.
- Relied upon to train apparel coordinator for promotion to become product developer.
- Reputed as seasoned planner and coordinator, able to skillfully prioritize and ensure that project deadlines are met, closely monitoring the development, modification, and testing procedures for samples.
- Effectively supervised the processing of garments for fitting, organizing schedule, and facilitating the actual fittings.
- Experienced in developing innovative concepts and strategies, including maintenance and communication of technical product packages using Web PDM.
- Expertly handled multiple tasks during development season, verifying lab dips, strike offs, fabric, and trim qualities.
- Traveled to visit sewing factories to source out raw materials, check out trends in construction and design as well as work out final patterns.
- Researched color trends and silhouettes using magazines, online shopping, WGSN website and trend services during the design season; developed color palettes, drew by hand design concepts, illustrated designs using Adobe Illustrator and created initial technical package.
- Closely tracked sales sample production; managed materials and trim POs from factories to ensure accurate ordering of items and timely shipment of goods to factories.
- Meticulously ensured the proper fit, function, and pattern balance in fitting prototype samples on live models.
Apparel Product Developer and Co-Manager, COMPANY XYZ, Union City, CA | 2014-Present
- Successfully launched lifestyle and performance apparel which now earns $10.8M together with show apparel.
- Upheld brand integrity and fostered trust among customers by instituting improvements in the fitting of clothes, establishment of body measurements for core customers, as well as hiring and selection of fit models and dress forms.
- Co-created pioneering endeavors that enhanced company efficiency, including the development of development best practices and communication improvements to reduce delivery time of prototypes along with the creation of visual fit guide for factory pattern makers that improved sampling requests from 4-5 down to 2-3.
- Drove sales margin increase of $10.1 M, reaching $10.8M in actual results for KPI apparel with actual in line margin rate of 42.6%.
- Exceeded goals on on-time delivery of products from 80% to 83.3% in fall of 2010 and 86.5% in spring of 2011 as well as maintained apparel productivity generating $11.7K from AOP of $11.5K in fall of 2010 and $11.6K from AOp of $8.8k in spring of 2011.
Outerwear Product Developer II, COMPANY UVW, San Leandro, CA | 2011-2014
- Played an integral role in the incremental growth of a joint-venture partnership.
- Instituted new fit blocks for The North Face urban lifestyle category and drove the advancement of product development construction experience to include waterproof, bonded, and insulated garments.
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician, COMPANY UVW, San Leandro, CA | 2008-2011
- Spearheaded efforts to improve product quality, maintain brand integrity, and reduce selection of non-complaint materials through quality testing.
- Established and showcased brand superiority through product performance comparison, coordinating competitors’ samples, as well as testing and analyzing results.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN FASHION DESIGN, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, San Francisco, CA (2011)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN TEXTILES AND CLOTHING, (Emphasis on Marketing and Economics), XYZ University, Davis, CA
TRAINING: Seminars from A&E Thread and Coats, Pattern Drafting, Draping
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word; Adobe Illustrator CS5, Photoshop; Web PDM