Phone # / Cell Phone #
Senior Marketing Management Position at a Multi-Platform Media Company
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Accomplished professional with 15+ years of marketing, advertising sales and management experience and a demonstrated record of successful innovation and bottom line growth. Expert at collaborating with senior management to develop and implement cohesive marketing strategies across multiple media platforms including print, digital, mobile, TV and events. Experienced at establishing professional relationships with customers, vendors, and executives within various industries while maximizing sales opportunities. Successful in reaching and connecting to large groups united by common life experiences, such as parents, fashion-loving consumers, business leaders, and the military. Skilled at identifying and filtering data to create innovative, revenue-generating programs for print and digital platforms. Creative and knowledgeable of results-driven marketing techniques and strategies used to build strong rapport with clients and ensure customer satisfaction.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Leadership & Team Building
Integrated Sales & Promotional Programs
Strategic Planning & Implementation
Market Analysis & Research
Sponsorship & Special Events
Social Media Marketing
Public Relations Management
Marketing & Advertising Campaigns
- Created and executed all marketing programs, including consumer, advertising, sponsorship, and partnership initiatives for the largest parenting network in the U.S.
- Accomplished demographic trends mining, economic forecasting, census information gathering, proprietary research, and web analytics to determine which audience-based initiatives should be funded and advanced.
- Utilized social media in developing brand awareness, establishing social connections among brand stakeholders, and conveying brand information with stakeholders.
- Conceptualized and implemented successful value-added promotions for various Fortune 500 companies in the automotive, retail, fashion, food, travel, home furnishings, financial, pharmaceutical, and beauty categories.
- Served as CMO of a start-up e-commerce web site for three years.
- Organized and managed cause-related events, sales meetings, launch parties, and outings for stakeholders, including consumers, clients, agencies, and staff.
- Planned and introduced programs which led to national media exposure.
- Coordinated press conferences and media events; drafted, produced, and placed stories and profiles in business and consumer publications and websites.
- Repositioned and revitalized two national consumer brands, launched national advertising campaigns for both.
- Successfully outpaced competitors by boosting advertising revenues for parenting network brand by 6% annually, which lead to being recognized as the category’s leading content provider.
- Earned promotion to associate publisher, working with the publisher and associate publisher of sales to formulate and implement all marketing, sales, promotional, and creative services of the media brand and its companion website.
COLORADO PUBLISHING CO., DOLAN MEDIA (WWW.CSBJ.COM AND CSMNG.COM), COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Account Executive | 2009-2011
- Administered all strategic efforts related to advertising sales and brand development for the local business website and award winning business newspaper as well as a military website and four military newspapers.
- Grew brand recognition and customer involvement through Email, Facebook & Twitter initiatives that increased business event sponsorship revenues by 20% and attendance revenues by over 50%.
PARTNERSHOP NETWORK, STAMFORD, CT
Chief Marketing Officer | 2004-2007
- Oversaw the entire consumer and BTB marketing communications initiative for a start-up e-commerce website partially funded by Omnicom, a leading advertising and marketing communications company; managed numerous clients, such as Netflix, Travelocity, Sprint, ESPN, and Polo Ralph Lauren.
- Solely responsible for creating branding and marketing strategies to successfully position the company and win acceptance and trust among vendors and customers.
- Partnered with internal and external teams to develop asset value and insure consistency of message across all channels.
PARENTS, G+J PUBLISHING (NOW MEREDITH CORPORATION) (WWW.PARENTS.COM), NEW YORK, NY
Associate Publisher/Marketing | 1996-2001
- Directed every phase of all marketing communications to reflect the brand’s transition from “old” to digital media.
- Established and maintained meaningful partnerships with the Today Show, Consumer Reports and various non-profit foundations, which were translated directly into new and additional advertising.
- Spearheaded the development of 17 promotional programs to provide advertisers a full spectrum of added-value opportunities.
- Provided supervision to a 14-member staff while managing a $5B budget.
PARENTS’ MAGAZINE AND CHILD MAGAZINE | G+J PUBLISHING, NEW YORK, NY
Director of Marketing | 1995-1996
REDBOOK, HEARST MAGAZINES (www.redbook.com), NEW YORK, NY
LEVOLOR LORENTZEN, INC. (www.levolor.com), PARSIPPANY, NJ
Marketing Services Director
HOME TEXTILES TODAY (NOW SANDOW MEDIA) (www.hometextilestoday.com), NEW YORK, NY
HOUSE BEAUTIFUL, HEARST MAGAZINES (www.housebeutiful.com), NEW YORK, NY
HOME FURNISHINGS DAILY, FAIRCHILD PUBLICATIONS (NOW CONDE NAST INC.) (www.fairchild.com), NEW YORK, NY
Bachelor of Science in Journalism – OHIO UNIVERSITY, ATHENS, OH
Lax Sebenius Negotiation Training | Integrity Selling Sales Training
The Greater Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce – Former Member