Athletic Director Resume Example
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Astute, enthusiastic, and dedicated two-time Olympic Gold Medalist and World Record Holder, with comprehensive experience and verifiable achievement in coaching and mentoring collegiate and professional athletes, directing men’s and women’s collegiate Track & Field and Cross Country team. Armed with innate ability in motivating and fostering teamwork, as well as in initiating procedures for continuous improvement. Skilled at administering all aspects of athletic program, including coaches hiring, scheduling, budget preparation, promotion, and facility management. Well-versed in streamlining diverse areas of programs, such as administration, recruitment, and financial operations, bringing significant impact to quality recruitment and program performance. Expert at developing cohesive teams from culturally diverse groups, inspiring individuals, and creating high-quality athletic programs in a timely fashion. Accustomed to working with people of diverse cultures and organizational background, establishing long-term quality relationships and fostering mutual respect to drive the attainment of planned goals and objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Sprints and Hurdles
- Speed and Strength Conditioning
- Regulatory Compliance and Safety
- Athletes Relations and Collaboration
- Revenue Gain and Retention
- Recruitment Process and Functions
- Budget Preparation and Allocation
- Leadership, Training, and Staff Motivation
- Known as the two-time Olympic Champion in the 110 High Hurdles and five-time US Outdoor Champion; earned various awards, such as Gold Medal in the 1984 and 1988 Olympics, Gold Medal in the 1989 World Cup, 1989 World University Games, and the 1989 and 1995 Pan Am Games.
- Successfully achieved world record of 12.92 in the 110 high hurdles in Zurich, Switzerland in 1989; exceeded the mark of 12.93 set by Renaldo Nehemiah.
- Served as Intern Speed, Strength, and Conditioning Coach; gained productive working experience with the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League.
- Acquired full knowledge of California University of Pennsylvania track & field/cross country programs; recognized for notable performance and promoted as the New Interim Head Coach of Track & Field/Cross Country at California University of Pennsylvania.
- Marked an impact on California University of Pennsylvania’s program, together with six athletes running personal-best times, led by Bradley Rager’s Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference championships in the 200- and 400-meter runs.
- Led, coordinated, and facilitated multiple charity golf tournaments annually through networking and community services.
- Served as guest speaker at various outreach programs; encouraged and motivated individuals on positive thinking and success based on personal and professional experience.
ATHLETIC PROGRAMS DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Received award in 2009 for significant contribution in streamlining and improving the track and field program.
- Spearheaded the athlete’s development through creation and implementation of off-season and competition training programs.
- Assumed leadership role and full accountability in the successful rearrangement of men’s and women’s Track and Field and Cross Country programs.
- Led the development and implementation of athlete-specific speed and conditioning programs for varsity athletes in Olympic Sports.
- Dealt and contributed in the conceptualization and formulation of technique workouts for hurdlers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering the speed and conditioning development of the Browns’ football players.
- Improved and enhanced overall speed and agility of players through design and creation of detail-oriented programs.
ORGANIZATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Played a pivotal role in the reconstruction of recruitment and fundraising processes as well as the reorganization of the summer camps.
- Exemplified versatility and multitasking skills in performing diverse tasks such as recruitment, athletes’ travel, summer camps, training revenues, scholarships and operational budget.
- Closely supervised and monitored the travel and operations budget, as well as distribution of scholarship funds.
- Determined and administered the recruitment of potential and qualified athletes as well as sprinters and hurdlers.
- Rendered exemplary support to the head coach in managing overall aspects of administration as well as taking charge of travel and budget management.
- Leveraged superior management capacities in managing the Elite Athlete recruitment strategies for marathons.
- Increased sponsorship funds by modifying and implementing changes on the budgetary budgets.
- Proficiently handled the consultation process on annual race course management.
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM COLLABORATION
- Provided strong leadership in supervising a staff of five assistant coaches as well as in coaching and mentoring sprinters and hurdlers.
- Strengthened rapport with varsity players by sharing ideas on strength and conditioning exercises.
- Liaised and effectively functioned as spokesperson and for all athletes.
- Sustained constant communication with all athletes by informing them of team’s policies, rules, and regulations.
- Motivated all athletes to perform at high efficiency levels by fostering and providing a positive environment to execute teamwork.
REGULATORY STANDARDS AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensured consistent compliance of all student athletes with the NCAA regulatory procedures by overseeing student’s academic progress.
- Meticulously managed and oversaw the drug control procedures.
- Conducted thorough investigation and judgment on drug offenses by athletes.
IJK University| California, PA, 2004 – Present
DIRECTOR, TRACK & FIELD AND CROSS COUNTRY / HEAD MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK COACH, 2005 – Present
INTERIM HEAD TRACK & FIELD AND CROSS COUNTRY COACH, 2005
ASSISTANT TRACKING & FIELD AND CROSS COUNTRY COACH, 2004 – 2005
LMN College | Cleveland, OH, 2003 – 2004
SPEED AND CONDITIONING COACH
LMN University | Cleveland, OH, 2002 – 2003
SPEED, STRENGTH, AND CONDITIONING COACH
OPQ University| Pittsburgh, PA, 2001 – 2002
SPEED AND CONDITIONING INTERN
Company OPQ | Pittsburgh, PA, 1996 – 2003
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Company UVW | Indianapolis, IN, 1998 – 2006
APPEALS BOARD MEMBER
Company XYZ | Athens, Greece, 1997
ATHLETE’S LIAISON OFFICER
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN SPORT MANAGEMENT, (Expected Completion: Dec 2011)
California University of Pennsylvania | California, PA
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ECONOMICS AND MARKETING, (2002)
University of Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh, PA
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Pennsylvania Hall of Fame, 2006
- United States of America Track & Field Hall of Fame, 2006
- Western Pennsylvania State Hall of Fame, 2002
- Georgia State Hall of Fame, 2002
- Dapper Dan Man of the Year, Pittsburgh, 1999
- United States Olympic Committee Athlete of the Year, 1990
- Jesse Owens International Amateur Athlete of the Year, 1989
- Track & Field News Athlete of the Year, 1989
- USATF Jesse Owens Award, 1989