Audit Associate Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly dynamic and results-oriented professional, offering broad-based experience in financial auditing, accounting processes and business operations. Technically proficient with strong command of audit software platforms and accounting terminology; demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and manage a broad range of responsibilities. Flexible and adaptable with well-defined time management skills and well-honed interpersonal, analytical and technical aptitude. Multilingual in English, Hindi and Tamil; possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Core competencies include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Auditing Procedures
- Legal and Financial Regulation
- Customer and Personal Service
- IT and Software Acumen
- Leadership and Team Building
- Successfully accomplished IT audit and accounting assignments in a timely manner, resulting in gaining trust from managers and resolving accounting issues and concerns.
- Made major contributions through suggesting and implementing process improvements for audits.
- Established a reputation for continuously handling increasing responsibilities by earning promotion to Senior Process Analyst at HP; earned a Silver Award for exceptional dedication to work within four months of employment.
- Integrated aggressive drive for volunteerism and community involvement as reflected in serving as income tax assistance volunteer at DABC and accounting volunteer at DDFL.
- Noted for going beyond the extra mile and for consistently producing exceptional and positive results.
INTERNAL AUDIT INTERN ABC Corp., | Meridian, CO | Mar 2011–Present
- Demonstrate proficiency in conducting Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audits.
- Administer the execution of financial and operational audits and special projects. Provide walkthroughs and testing of assigned processes to analyze operating effectiveness and design of main financial controls.
- Execute the entire areas of audits, such as audit planning, risk assessments, audit testing, report drafting, control evaluation and issue remediation.
- Facilitate the execution of IT Audits. Single-handedly prepare work papers in coordination with the management for related information, and perform special projects as necessary.
- Acquired in-depth understanding of the Audit Command Language (ACL), an audit analytical software.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT | TEACHING ASSISTANT, International Business Operations | 2010–2011
University of DEF| Denver, CO
LIBRARY ASSISTANT | 2009–2010
XYZ Campus Library, School/Institution Location (City, State)
SENIOR PROCESS ANALYST | 2003–2007
XYZ Company Location (City, State)
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE: In Progress
University of DEF | Denver, CO, USA
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: 2007
ABC Institute | Kolkata, India
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMMERCE: 2003
OPQ University | Karnataka, India
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certification:In Progress
Six Sigma Greenbelt Training XYZ Institute | Bangalore Centre, Karnataka, India
Member, American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA)
Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Student Member, Beta Alpha Psi
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Oracle Financials | @Risk (Risk Analysis Software)
Crystal Ball | Siebel Partner Manager | TeamMate | ACL | Oracle Tutor Document