Automotive Service Technician Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Automotive Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) | Electronic Fundamentals | Fuel and Ignition Systems Drivability and Emissions | Brakes and Climate Control | Automatic Transmissions | Electronic Technology Operations/Resource Management | Technical Acumen | Leadership and Team Building
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Enthusiastic, highly motivated and hardworking professional automotive service technician, with broad-based experience in mechanical systems malfunctions diagnosis and repair. Equipped with exceptional ability to perform equipment installations. Technically proficient in maintaining and repairing government and military vehicles. Well-versed in all aspects of heavy wheel operations along with proven track record of efficiency in providing and implementing dynamic and compelling solutions to ongoing objectives of regulated automotive works. Capable of meeting the demands of physically demanding tasks; demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and manage a broad range of responsibilities.
Repair and Maintenance
- Maintained wheeled vehicles and associated trailers, including material handling equipment systems.
- Rendered basic repair operations, such as performing oil changes and engine tune ups; mounting and repairing tires; adjusting brakes; and proficiently replacing fuel pumps, water pumps, alternators, gaskets, belts, hoses and windshield wipers.
- Provided sustainment maintenance and minor mechanical repairs on a variety of tactical military equipment stored in more than 20 acres that is scheduled in 10/20 maintenance.
- Determined and diagnosed source of trouble as well as the extent of repairs required.
- Evaluated and troubleshot equipment failures.
Vehicles and Equipment Expertise
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable of various military and government vehicles, such as High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HUMVEE), Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV), Heavy Equipment Transport System (HETS), Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT), Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) and Logistics Vehicle System (LVS).
- Utilized proficiency in installing and repairing MOD kits, such as arctic heaters, block heaters, and troop heaters, along with T.I. equipment, service equipment, and repair faults on M915, P19, 7-ton trailers, generators, pumps, fuel tankers and M88A1.
- Solely maintained military and government vehicles and equipment.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Acquired Honeywell License to successfully operate HUMVEE, Skid Steer, LTAS, HEMMT and 4k and 6k forklift.
- Facilitated troops in the areas of maintenance, repair and operations of government and military vehicles and equipment.
HEAVY WHEEL MECHANIC
XYZ Corporation | KBR, Anchorage, AK
HEAVY WHEEL MECHANIC
Jul 2017-Apr 2018
ABC Company| CDE International | Joint Base Charleston, Goose
SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC
Apr 2017-Jul 2017
EFGH Equipment Sales & Service, Beaufort, SC
Oct 2015-Dec 2016
IJKL Company, Fort Richardson, AK | Beaufort Marine
Air Station, SC
Jul 2015-Sep 2015
IJKL Company, Okatee, SC
AUTOMOTIVE FIELD CERTIFICATE
MNO Technical Institute, Orlando, FL
CERTIFIED ALLDATA AUTOMOTIVE INFORMATION SPECIALIST (CAIS) CERTIFICATION
Sun Oscilloscope Operator System and Emission Tester
Attended numerous trainings at Nissan Advanced Technician
Training Program with key topics on:
Electrical Systems NATT 001
Chassis & Engines NATT 002
Drive Trains & Climate Systems NATT 003
Completed Ford Technical Customer Handling Course
Corpedia: Customer Bias & Discrimination, Practical Ethics
Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Works)