Behavioral Science Program Administrator Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
AREA OF PREFERENCE: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Results-driven, committed, and accomplished professional, with extensive experience in case management, counseling, and therapy; equipped with particular expertise in dealing with clients / patients of substance abuse and HIV as well as juvenile offenders.
- Adept at providing the necessary and appropriate intervention to patients, focusing on patient welfare while maintaining high standards of professional integrity; trusted and respected among peers and managers
- Accustomed to promptly responding to deadlines and changes in priorities, and delivering quality outputs on work commitments
- Possess excellent problem-solving and people skills; able to maintain outstanding rapport with community leaders that increase the volume of referrals to the clinic
- Fluent in Arabic and conversational in French
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), variety of Internet applications, and customized programs
- Treatment Program Management
- Patient Care & Treatment Planning
- HIV / Pregnancy Counseling
- Substance Abuse / Criminal Offenders Counseling
- Life Skills Workshops & Career Exploration
- Community Program Referrals
- HIV Case Management
- Coaching & Training
Master of Science in Health Administration: 2005
University of PQRS | Phoenix, AZ
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: 1999
College of STUV | Staten Island, NY
ABCD HEALTHCARE | Hammonton, NJ: 2006–Present
- Facilitated individualized counseling, group therapy, and anger management sessions in connection to various conditions, such as depression, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and anxiety for adolescents and their families, including juvenile offenders, sex offenders, and victims of sexual abuse.
- Developed the anger management curriculum for class instruction.
LMNO UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL| Staten Island, NY: 1991–Present
Manager, Behavioral Science – Canarsie Multi-Service Center | Brooklyn, NY | 2007–Present
An offsite clinic owned and operated by Staten Island University Hospital
- Provide expert oversight in the daily operations of the Behavioral Science program, a methadone maintenance treatment program (MMTP), ensuring smooth-running and efficient operation in all aspects.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality patient care by maintaining active and close interaction with diverse patient population, as well as researching and resolving patient discrepancies and grievances in a timely, efficient manner.
- Supervise 17 staff members; delegate assignments, monitor work performance, and conduct annual evaluations.
- Implement and monitor strict compliance of employees with departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Handle staff meetings facilitation, weekly payroll monitoring, and staff overtime approval.
- Conduct job coaching and mentoring to employees; develop training materials and conduct seminars for staff on treatment planning and individual counseling on HIV and pregnancy; and provide direction in the orientation of new employees.
- Ensure that the annual budget is within budgetary restrictions and guidelines.
- Assess and submit generated monthly reports on admissions, discharges, clinic census, performance improvement, and others for submission to the administration.
- Pioneered the implementation of new program policies and procedures that significantly improved provision of patient care, services and departmental efficiency.
- Successfully completed and improved outcomes of numerous Joint Commission and Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) inspections in addition to clinic operations and internal environmental / health inspections under new leadership.
- Secured the 20% increase in clinic census and 40% decrease in unpaid balances in less than one year.
Vocational-Educational Specialist | 2006–2007
- Led life skills workshops and facilitated testing and evaluation, career exploration, résumé writing, and referrals to community programs.
- Managed resources and patient training programs, such as on-site GED classes and job hunters workshop and seminars to introduce services.
- Helped increase the number of patients to obtain jobs and their GEDs.
Case Manager, Infectious Diseases Clinic | 2003–2006
- Managed and provided direction in handling 70 individual HIV patient cases.
- Provided all necessary assistance to each client, from coordinating their medical insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance) to housing and social matters, even resolving discrepancies.
- Assessed new clients and provided the necessary one-on-one counseling to clients / family members.
- Successfully improved census and increased patient program involvement through the implementation of transportation services.
Counselor-in-Charge, Inpatient Detox Unit | 2000–2003
- Rendered supervision and leadership to about 17 counselors; delegated work assignments and monitored their work performance.
- Trained new counselors and organized the schedule and assignment of new admissions to counselors.
- Authored a manual containing contact information and eligibility requirements of all existing after-care programs in the tri-state area for use of all counselors.
CDEF CLINIC| Staten Island, NY: 2002–2003
- Offered counseling to clients on parole or probation, with history of drug and/or alcohol abuse through a reputable outpatient program.
Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
Certified Crisis Prevention Intervention Instructor
HIV, Substance Abuse and Patient Relations Trainings
AWARDS AND HONORS
Obtained the President’s Award in 2000 for excellence in safety / evacuation procedures
Invited as guest speaker of various Psychology topics at St. John’s University for three times (2009–2011)