Bioengineer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
- Operations and Data Analysis
- Mentoring and Motivation
- Research and Development
- Engineering and Technology
- Design Techniques
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Complex Problem Solving
- Communication and Presentation
- Training Program Development
- Public and Community Relations
Results-driven and detail-oriented professional with extensive experience in data analysis and experiments for laboratory research studies. Knowledgeable in interpreting test results to improve products and methodologies. Competent in using applied research and problem-solving skills to support learning as well as life-long personal and professional development. Successful in establishing productive relationships with all levels of individuals from diverse backgrounds by rendering exemplary client services as well as leading and motivating cross-functional teams simultaneously. Diligent and reliable; able to multitask effectively within fast-paced, high pressure, sensitive, and exceedingly demanding environments. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), SolidWorks, and Cosmos.
DEFG UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOLOGY & CHEMICAL BIOLOGY | PITTSBURGH, PA
Research Assistant and Laboratory Manager | 2007–Present
- Formulated and administered laboratory journal, drafted protocols, and independently worked on specified experiments within the laboratory.
- Organized and maintained stock of supplies as well as ordering of additional materials as necessary.
- Arranged and coordinated ordering documentation, administered the laboratory, and provided passionate care for animals.
- Facilitated training for new research assistants.
- Organized samples and standards for the laboratory.
OZANAM | PITTSBURGH, PA
Tutor | 2010–Present
- Rendered one-on-one homework assistance to students aged 5 to 13 and performed organization of daily sign-in sheets.
- Fostered and maintained a safe and friendly environment for the children.
ABC CORPORATION | PITTSBURGH, PA
Camp Counselor (Master Counselor) | 2010
- Designed learning module associated with tissue engineering.
- Performed various functions, including purchasing of materials for module, maintaining budget, testing module, as well as designing PowerPoint presentation to be used in teaching module to middle and high school students.
- Studied colleagues’ modules to properly answer questions about it.
- Managed camps and high school students who served as camp counselors to middle school students.
LMNO DEPARTMENT | PITTSBURGH, PA
Sales Associate | 2007–2008
- Provided support to customers with in-store purchasing as well as online ordering by answering several merchandise questions and concerns.
- Maintained store aesthetics.
Ozanam, Tutor (2010–Present)
Habitat for Humanity (2009–2011)
DeMolay, Advisor (2009–2010)
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Major in Bioengineering, Minor in Chemistry (2011)
DEFG UNIVERSITY | PITTSBURGH, PA
Dean’s List (Fall 2010); University of Pittsburgh Academic Competiveness Grant
Relevant Coursework: Senior Design (1,2), Engineering for a Better Environment: Brazil (Study Abroad), Biomaterials and Compatibility, Cell Biology, Biomechanics, Linear Systems, Bio Thermodynamics, Intramural Internship, Biotransport Phenomena, Biological Signals and Systems, Calculus (1,2,3), Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Methods in Bioengineering, Artificial Organs, Tissue Engineering, General Chemistry (1,2), Organic Chemistry (1,2), Biochemistry
Modified Mastectomy Retractor (Poster) Senior Design Symposium
PTEI Summer Tissue Engineering Camps (Poster) Science 2010
PTEI Summer Tissue Engineering Camps (Poster) REU Summer Internship Symposium
Identification and Characterization of Novel Nitrated Fatty Acid Molecular Species in Human Urine (Presentation) Intramural Internship Symposium
Identification and Characterization of Novel Nitrated Fatty Acid Molecular Species in Human Urine (Poster) Science 2009
Artificial Pancreas (Presentation) Freshman Conference
Business Manager – The Overtones (an a cappella group at the DEFG University)
Community Service Chair — Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), DEFG University
Publicity Chair — Society of Women Engineers (SWE), DEFG University
Amway Global Independent Business Owner (IBO)