Case Planner Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Industries of Preference: Human/Social Services, Education, and Business
Case Management | Coaching, Mentoring, and Counseling | Behavioral Management | Strategic Planning | Interpersonal Relations | Client Analysis/Customer Service | Key Account Relationship Management
Compassionate, dedicated, and seasoned professional, with 15 years of diverse knowledge and experience in social/human services, case management, and program implementation. Proficient in working with troubled youth with emotional/mental disabilities. Well-educated and equipped with thorough understanding of human systems and conditions that cause problems, which lead to a balanced perspective and sensitive care when dealing with clients. Personable with strong work ethic and excellent negotiation skills. Adept at solving problems, with expertise in completing tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
ABC COMPANY, Dobbs Ferry, NY
(W.A.Y) Works Appreciation for Youth Senior Counselor/Case Planner | 2013-Present
- Provide exceptional assistance to 15 to 20 youth regarding the achievement in work, school, savings, and personal growth.
- Thoroughly monitor the support given and accomplish regular documentation of academic, vocational, and financial literacy progress.
- Ensure accuracy in preparing written progress reports on each youth for quarterly and annual documentation.
- Conduct professional and effective counseling of youth regarding effective savings and money management skills.
- Contribute in the department development, planning, evaluation, and research.
- Demonstrate expertise in developing workshops and facilitating groups targeting employment, academics, and social interaction.
- Articulately communicate and present departmental data to funders.
- Work in collaboration with funders, community groups, government agencies, and advocacy coalitions regarding the improvement of youth-related services and programs.
- Played a major role in coordinating and facilitating a group work model for youths aging out of care, targeting the areas of education, employment, and social development.
New York City Board of Education, New York, NY
Special Education Substitute Paraprofessional, School District (723M) Bronx | 2012-2013
- Coordinated with students, individually or by group, in conducting reinforcement of learning material that was initially introduced by the teacher.
- Rendered exceptional assistance to the teacher in the development and formulation of special strategies for individual students on a need-by-need basis.
- Contributed significant efforts in the overall supervision of students during special events and activities.
- Supported overall classroom management and instruction.
The Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services, New York, NY
Senior Therapeutic Counselor/Administrator on Duty (AOD) | 2003-2012
- Efficiently administered daily activities of the developmentally challenged adolescents aged 6 to 14 years.
- Handled close monitoring and daily evaluation of client’s behavior.
- Collaborated with therapists in providing critical analysis of each client’s behavior on a case-by-case basis.
- Provided assistance in organizing recreational activities for clients on a group level.
- Functioned effectively in developing and facilitating study groups and workshops for the learning impaired.
- Ensured compliance of all counseling staff with all policies and procedures.
- Accurately documented and regularly reported the welfare of overall worksite.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, 2009
CDE University, New Paltz, NY
A+ Certification, New Horizons Computer Learning Center | 2018
Teaching Assistant Certification, Lehman College, Division of Education | 2004
Coursework/Training in Identification and Reporting of Child Abuse and Maltreatment
Training in School Violence Prevention and Intervention
AWARDS AND HONORS
COFFCA Best Practice Award | 2017
The Children’s Village Social Work Recognition Award | 2016
Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Citrix Connections | Microsoft Office Suite (2007, 2010) | Windows (XP, Vista, 7) | MAC OS X