CEO of Home Building Industries Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
- P&L Management
- Business Expansion and Startups
- Budget Management
- Business Valuations
- Financial and Strategic Planning
- Merger and Acquisition
- Financial Operations
- Risk Analysis
- Leadership and Team Building
- Cost Analysis and Reduction
Xyz Homes| Austin, TX
Vice President-Finance | 1999-2004 and 2005-Present
- Work closely with other executives to establish corporate goals and strategies intended to increase sales and profits, improve efficiencies and cut expenses.
- Persistently reach out to other business leaders to gain knowledge, perspective and commentary on innovative “best practice” developments.
- Recruit top managers and support staff and continue to motivate and empower them to exercise their talent, ability and initiative to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Encourage collective staff involvement in problem-solving strategies and solutions.
- Implement various enhancements to MSH’s business and financial model.
- Design, systematize and analyze financial, production and management reports.
- Measure operational policies, procedures and systems to quantify their value to sales, production efficiencies and profits.
- Devise systems that effectively manage and operate separate home builder divisions.
- Research, identify and recommend educational seminars, training and motivational books or CD’s in order to promote constant scholastic advancement for all employees.
- Develop the fundamental resources necessary fund operations and provide for future growth.
- Guided Main Street Homes into the largest privately held home builder in Texas.
- Provided direction and key initiatives to earn the Earnest & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2002 for the company.
- Generated $100K in savings by analyzing the cost/benefit of expenses and executing changes.
- Successfully added 2% gross profit by administering the transition from broker provided sales agents, to company employed sales agents.
- Facilitated training of loan officers, loan processors, and title company employees to utilize Sales Simplicity for analyzing buyer information and printing earnest money contracts, thus saving labor, supplies and time from contract signing to contract approval.
- Planned and initiated the MSH Credit Advocate Program (CAP) to direct and guide prospects on increasing credit scores and correcting reporting errors with all 3 major credit report agencies.
- Directed replacement of the company’s servers caused by water damage, restored major IT systems to off-site servers and had the systems back online within 24 hours. Replaced damaged servers and brought all systems back in house in 7 days.
- Significantly minimized conflicts between departments and divisions by developing and maintaining good working relationships and promoting a positive, professional environment.
- Remarkably saved almost $500K annually by establishing, standardizing and providing title companies with a report detailing the sellers’ portion of property taxes to escrow.
- Led significant efforts in reducing lenders from 8 to 3, while boosting total credit lines by $73M.
- Conceptualized a program with interim lenders to accept 3 appraisals per subdivision and BPOs on the remaining plans built in each subdivision.
- Pioneered a courtesy-calling program to prospective buyers while providing customer assistance on various inquiries and informational needs.
- Initiated the implementation of a data file management system effectively reducing the company’s paper files, enhancing access to company files, and saving hours of research.
- Implemented an Internet-based sales contracting, reporting and prospecting system.
- Administered the automation of a distribution program for the allocation of interim interest, electricity bills, water/sewer bills, gas bills, builder’s risk, and indirect costs based on WIP.
- Instigated an Internet-based scheduling program for deco and mortgage loan application appointments.
- Designed a comprehensive vendor contract package to protect and/or defend MSH against specific general liability and worker compensation claims.
- Established the MSH Homebuyers Club to convert unqualified prospects into qualified homebuyers as well as to render added-value services and savings to MSH buyers, such as, free financial planning, free tax consulting, free banking services, vendor discounts, entertainment coupon books, low cost moving services, service discounts, and income opportunities.
- Developed MSH Ambassador Club to recruit MSH homeowners to generate referrals and assist in the promotion of the company’s communities and homes.
- Created MSH Insurance Agency to offer home and auto-insurance products at extremely completive premiums to new and current homeowners.
- Administered and evaluated employee benefit programs, such as, health insurance, short-long term disability, dental insurance, 401K, workers compensation, sick leave and personal days.
Wxy Homes | San Antonio, TX
Corporate CFO 2004-2005
- Provided professional oversight in all areas of the financial operation for 5 divisions.
- Worked with individual division presidents on strategies, efficiencies and cost controls specific to their division.
- Successfully generated $1.6M annual savings for the company by introducing and implementing innovative strategies into the organization.
- Boosted credit lines by $40M and minimized interest rates and fees; led system installations that improved production times.
- Reduced inefficiencies by restructuring, eliminating or cancelling unproductive meetings.
- Recruited, hired and directed a Professional Sales Coach to train, motivate and educate the company’s sales management and agents.
- Increased employee benefits and coverage without increasing total benefit costs.
- Reduced fees on checking accounts as well interim interest rates.
- Led the implementation of video marketing.
- Spearheaded the utilization of CRM Sales Program (Sales Simplicity)
- Directed the redesigning of the companies web-site.
- Launched many of the same efficiencies and cost cutting programs employed at Main Street Homes.
- Centralized numerous administrative processes at the corporate level without affecting the divisions’ ability to function successfully.
Uvw Homes, Inc. | Austin, TX
Stu Properties | Austin, TX
Controller | CEO
Qrs Company | Austin, TX
Police Department | City ,State
Detective | Patrolmen
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
RST College | Rockford, IL
Coursework in Accounting
XYZ University | Madison, WI
Becker CPA Review
State of Wisconsin Police Academy
Pilot Training School—Pilot License
Home Builder/BRIX Software, Timberline Software, Peachtree Accounting, Sales Simplicity, TurboTax Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) Quicken Pro, and Windows 2000/XP, 7, Customer Focus-Selling Software, Small Business Advantage Software, Business Plan Software, Log Me In, Appointment Quest, Fortis File Magic, Agency Pro, Skype, ooVoo and Marketing Plus Software, Citrix
IBM AS400/AS600, IBM Server, Dell Server, and IBM Compatible PCs (Networked and Stand Alone)