Phone # / Cell Phone #
Experienced, competent, and versatile chemist with well-refined acumen in chemical methodology, analytical methods, and synthesis. Academically accomplished with two master’s degree in chemistry, offering solid research and development experience in pharmaceutical and chemistry fields. Demonstrated adeptness in performing total synthesis having worked as an operator for NMR, FT-IR, HPLC, GC-MS. Highly capable of performing top-notch quality checking; accustomed to conducting various tests, such as content uniformity, identity, and impurities. Adept at ensuring laboratory compliance to safety and regulatory requirements and familiar with SAR and general medicinal chemistry. Possess outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills honed through teaching and project management.
NMR (2-D, COSY, NOESY) | Analytical Separation Techniques | Chromatography Techniques | Sample Analysis, UV-Vis Spectroscopy | Polymer Chemistry | Quality Assurance/Control Operations | GC- MS, LC-MS Multi-step synthesis | Production of multi grams to milligrams amounts of target | Handling of moisture sensitive compounds and pyrophoric compound | Analytical instruments operation including HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, mass spectrometer, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Atomic absorption spectrometer, potentiometer and differential scanning calorimeter Chemical literature search for reactions and reagents (SciFinder Scholar, PubMed, and other journals).
Graduate Student Instructor | ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY, New York, NY, USA | 2007-Present
Set up the laboratory and provide intelligent instruction on Organic and General Chemistry, providing assistance to students on their laboratory assignments and ensure that they thoroughly understood and would pass the subject.
- Demonstrated conduct of wet chemistry involving pH, cation and anion detection, viscosity, conductivity, concentration, use of burette and pipette (titration), temperature measurement and multi-step synthesis.
- Employed high degree of accuracy and keen attention to the step-by-step process in mixing, separating, analyzing volumetrics, gravimetrics, distilling, flame testing, melting points identification, and titrating.
- Competently handled hazardous chemical substances and taught students on safe and proper way in preparing necessary chemicals for laboratory experiments.
Chemist | VADILAL CHEMICALS LTD., AHMEDABAD, India | 2004-2006
Managed the preparation, implementation, documentation, and interpretation of results of conducted analyses as well as completed reports of test results on time. Trained in good manufacturing practices and complied with all standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Successfully performed and completed analytical tests, including assay, content uniformity, identity, impurities, testing of solid dosage finished product before release and conduct of stability studies using HPLC, UV/VIS, and TLC.
- Efficiently provided technical specifications to assist other scientists and reported omissions, incomplete testing results, and other irregularities to the management.
Junior Chemist | ASIAN PAINTS INDIA LTD., ANKLESHWAR, India | 2004
- Contributed to management efficiency and control through effective management of activities with quality control and processing for smooth dispatches.
Master of Science in Chemistry: 2011 | ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY, New York, NY, USA
Master of Science in Organic Chemistry: 2006 | ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE, GUJARAT UNIVERSITY, Gujarat, India
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Minor in Physics | ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE, GUJARAT UNIVERSITY, Gujarat, India
Synthesis of Substituted Azetidinones NCEs’ in Drug Discovery Research (2011), St. John’s University, New York
Jatin Bhavsar, Julkernine K, David. P. Brown. Synthesis of Novel b-Lactam Conjugates As New Antibiotic
Antineoplastic Agents (2011), St. John’s University, New York
Jatin Bhavsar, David P. Brown. Synthesis of Substituted Azetidinones – New Chemical Entities’ in Drug
Discovery Research (2010), St. John’s University, New York
Member, American Chemical Society
Member, Indian American Scientist Association