Phone # / Cell Phone #
CORPORATE LEGAL COUNSEL
FOCUS OF INTEREST: LATIN AMERICA MARKETS
Remarkably astute and analytical legal professional, offering over 11 years of broad-based experience in corporate legal counseling and regulatory compliance; and track record and expertise in preparing, negotiating, and compiling wide array of legal contracts, records, and files with high degree of confidentiality, quality, and accuracy. Highly ethical in all work-related projects, contributing immediately to corporate financial goals and objectives.
- Known as an employee advocate and leader, with proven commitment in delivering recognition, employee and organization needs, and credibility.
- Multilingual in Portuguese, Spanish, and English; possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit unparalleled drive and enthusiasm toward achievement and/or surpassing of organizational goals.
- Interested to pursue an engaging position in Latin American markets to proactively utilize skills and expertise honed through years of legal expertise.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Corporate Law and Legal Counseling
Client Relations and Negotiation
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Training and Development
Legal Risk Assessments
Business Transactions and Operations
Leadership and Team Building
Community Outreach Initiatives
Dantas, Lee, Brock & Camargo Advogados, São Paulo, Brazil and Miami, FL, USA
Recognized as the 2nd best law firm in consumer law by the magazine, “Analise Advocacia 500”
LEGAL CONSULTANT | Jul 2018-Present
Function as legal consultant for privacy and corporate matters involving Google Brazil. Coordinate and inform Google, Inc. on judicial complaints related to secondary liability for user-generated content and data collected by Google BR. Render advice on non-judicial complaints received by Google BR demanding content regulation based on invasion of privacy, defamation, DMCA or trademark infringement, online advertisement, and antitrust, including legal risk assessment and contract review.
- Established reputation for continuously handling increasing responsibilities as reflected in overseeing and leading, with the firm, all assigned products by Google, including YouTube and Gmail.
- Successfully won the confidence and cooperation of Google staff that previously viewed outside legal counsels as obstruction to mission accomplishment; demonstrated to Google staff how legal expertise can further achieve goals.
- Cut Google’s corporate liability and damages claims by over $1M through proactive utilization of human resources expertise, and training management in proper corporate practices.
- Improved team performance level by 40% by proposing and executing computerized work system.
- Created a pathway for the company to cut through long-standing legal obstacles, attaining effective process changes and overall sustainability through implementation of academic knowledge in Global Law and Technology.
Harmon Law Offices, P.C., Boston, MA, USA
Mid-size real estate law firm with annual revenue ranging from $50M to $100M
LEGAL CONSULTANT | Feb 2016-May 2018
Rendered legal consulting services on post-foreclosure evictions and REO Closings. Oversaw closing documents, title commitments, contracts, P&S agreements, deeds, HUD, and disclosure statements. Determined and addressed existing legal REO property issues. Administered trial attorneys with summary process and complaints, motions, exhibit preparation, and pleadings.
- Achieved quick closure of real estate purchase agreements with an estimated global amount of $20M by overseeing 120 foreclosed properties to be freed and cleared of encumbrances in less than 15 days.
- Initiated voluntary evictions by directly coordinating with Spanish-speaking occupants.
- Improved client satisfaction by proactively reactivating and settling cold cases and accomplishing clear title after detection of the changed encumbrances’ condition.
- Successfully facilitated over 150 settlements, evictions, and administrative hearings.
The Central Bank of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
Public institution responsible for the national monetary policy and regulation of private financial institutions
SENIOR ATTORNEY | May 2010-Jul 2014
JUNIOR ATTORNEY | May 2009-May 2010
Established a reputation for continuously handling increasing responsibilities by earning job promotion from junior attorney to senior attorney. Spearheaded contract negotiation, including outsourcing companies and coordination of public contract biddings. Engaged in management meetings, prepared settlement and non-disclosure agreements, and assessed documentation regarding employee-management relation. Coordinated and supervised outside counsels for governmental and labor matters. Provided examination and verification of the entire documents pertaining to commercial transactions and review of reports and articles based on the contracting parties’ profits. Collaborated with a legal team, recommending strategies for regulatory compliance. Evaluated and drafted internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Cut turnaround time by 50% for employee non-judicial complaints, which resulted in the successful reduction of judicial labor claims.
- Progressively generated a greater level of corporate compliance with federal employment/labor law regulations, and consistently protected the bank from risk as attorney responsible for the development of employment and labor policies.
- Reduced the economic impact of the National reform for the bank by structuring and negotiating over 430 individual retirement plans with the bank’s employees.
- Decreased administrative costs by 20% and improved benefit plans for employees by negotiated contracts for employee benefits programs with outside third party vendors.
MASTER OF LAW IN GLOBAL LAW AND TECHNOLOGY
CONCENTRATION IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND BUSINESS: 2017
Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA, USA
SPECIALIZATION IN LITIGATION AND EMPLOYMENT LAW: 2015
Universidad Catolica Andres Bello (UCAB), Caracas, Venezuela
JURIS DOCTOR: 2008
Universidad Santa Maria, Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela
Licensed to practice law in Venezuela since 2008
Eligible for admission to Florida Bar as Authorized House Counsel
Certificate in Paralegal Studies and American Law, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA: 2016
Coursework in Constitutional Law, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain: 2014
Full Scholarship by the Central Bank of Venezuela (BCV)
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Operating Systems (Windows 2000 and XP)