Director of Sales Operations Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Director of Sales Operations
Industry Preference: Energy / Utility / Oil & Gas
Innovative and highly accomplished professional, with substantial management experience as well as staff administration, general operations, sales development, and process optimization within the Oil and Gas and Utilities settings. Adept at developing complex initiatives and implementing sales improvement strategies to drive overall business retention and customer base expansion. Globally experienced leader, with skills in conceptualizing and implementing new workflows that drive goal-setting organizational objectives throughout Chile, Egypt, Italy, Malaysia, and Qatar. Effective problem solver and quick at responding to all challenges with confidence, determination, and focus.
- New Business Development
- P&L Responsibility
- International Sales Planning
- Dynamic Presentations
- Channel and Category Management
- Staff Training and Leadership
- Commercial Strategy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Consultative and Relationship Sales Techniques
- Networking and Rapport-Building
Ghij Services, Inc. (General Electric Company), Tampa, FL
DIRECTOR, Business Development | 2018-Present
Render hands-on supervision to CEO’s charter in constructing an organized Inquiry to Order structure in support of global project sales for a $600M company. Develop a team of Sales Leadership, Applications Engineering support and functional tools, with particular focus on rapid growth of internal and external sales.
- Played a pivotal role in closing sales on the company’s first-ever installation project of four simple-cycle gas turbine generator packages in North America’s largest refinery’s Crude Expansion Project, breaking into new service offering of rotating equipment installations.
- Developed and negotiated long-term service agreement offering for the oil and gas business in 2010, closing more than $60M in backlog services (100%V over 2009).
- Ensured consistency in commercial language and risk aversion by implementing standardization of contract service language for turn-key projects.
- Supervised project management of the integration of Salesforce.com as a global sales tool in 12 weeks.
OIL AND GAS BUSINESS LEADER | 2016-2018
Performed assigned tasks in Florence, Italy which involved ensuring strategic service partnerships and operational excellence of oil and gas services to drive rapid growth of rotating equipment maintenance services. Provided oversight to cross-functional team structure, responded to escalation resolutions, and conducted annual financial forecasts of the company’s oil and gas business.
- Boosted sales revenue from $30M to $67M in two years while executing service across six continents.
- Controlled overall construction of new service shop in Egypt to support critical services for Egyptian LNG customers.
- Launched, sold, and oversaw the entire project lifecycle of game-changing execution of turbine modular replacements on LNG trains in Qatar, leading to startup operations of a new service offering of turn-key maintenance projects worldwide.
- Led the coordination of service solution to fill engineering gaps needed to deliver on contracts for technical advice of 15 new compressor station installations throughout China and Kazakhstan.
- Worked with the client in designing appropriate engineering training courses, improving site living conditions, and providing unparalleled technical direction on behalf of the turbine and compressor OEM.
SEGMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER | 2014-2015
Governed planning and operations execution for newly developed technology P&L worth $30M, consisting of clients within the energy, industrial, and healthcare industries. Monitored field services of measurement and control devices for turbine applications, associated calibration laboratory, and customer service call center. Guided 5 direct-report managers, along with a global team of 230 individuals.
- Rendered hands-on support to the company merger activity of an automation services company, transforming high-risk client and labor contracts into value-added service contracts.
- Functioned as primary consultant in generating an immigration “tollgate” process into ERP to streamline mobilization of service personnel globally, and effectively enforced structured compliance and strengthened service planning.
- Produced service capacity of localized field engineering in Algeria to meet aggressive government contracts for major power plant retrofits, resulting in timely delivery and localized infrastructure in compliance with government requirements for immigration.
SERVICE MANAGER 2009-2015
Supervised global field services in power plant and refinery applications, assessed market conditions, and coordinated all pre-sale service levels required to capture possible opportunities in equipment maintenance and new installations.
- Spearheaded gas turbine mechanical services team of 120 individuals in developing global projects within the emerging power markets during a decline of North American growth, while avoiding reduction of 40 employees.
- Traveled to United Kingdom to manage a 6-month special project to improve the European services capability and lead strategic planning for successful infrastructure localization in Nigeria.
- Fostered effective client partnership to establish new line of services through installing CT-Scan medical equipment for a healthcare OEM in the United States.
- Displayed unsurpassed leadership in maintaining first-rate quality for vendor installation services in less than a year.
- Expertly processed contract terms with multiple clients, and reengineered existing service contracts to adhere to international tax, immigration, and labor laws.
- Received GE Energy and Granite honors for assuming instrumental role in the Emergency Response Team.
GAS TURBINE FIELD ENGINEER | 2008-2009
Handled overall field management of OEM industrial gas turbine maintenance and construction projects in the United States. Led engineering modifications in the field, parts procurement, and development of customer turnover packages. Directed craft labor teams of up to 55 personnel while administering on-site Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) practices with zero recordable incidents and injuries.
- Successfully completed two GE 7FA gas turbine filter house (prototype) installations under budget and ahead of schedule through effective leadership to the technical team, including project schedule and supplier services.
- Ensured 100% project completion with zero EHS recordable and lost time incidents of crew, consisted of more than 50 craft laborers.
United States Navy, Norfolk, VA
POWER PLANT SUPERVISOR | 2003-2007
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
University of Pqrs, Phoenix, AZ
Sales, Negotiating, Executive Presentations, Cultural Diversity, Finance, Six Sigma / Lean
GE OEM Gas Turbine Mechanical Certification, and US Navy Gas Turbine Electrical Certification