Phone # / Cell Phone #
DISTRIBUTION COLLECTION ANALYST
- Highly analytical, results-driven, and exceptionally skilled professional with excellent problem-solving abilities, offering progressive experience in financial analysis/reconciliation, commercial collections, loan documentation, credit and risk management assessment, skip tracing and customer service.
- Proven effectiveness in directing daily financial business aspects with comprehensive skills in maximizing performance of financial operations focused on strategy formulation, commercial risk management, compliance, financial control, and profitability improvement.
- Show competency in addressing complex challenges through in-depth analysis and due diligence to effect dramatic improvements in efficiency, productivity, and business processes toward successful attainment of organizational goals.
- Demonstrate keen expertise in leading and training team members while maintaining high ethical and quality standards, professional demeanor, and a cooperative attitude.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and extremely capable to multitask in fiercely competitive and fast-paced environment with dedication to superior service and operational excellence.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Financial Operations and Management
- Budget Control and Implementation
- Commercial Collections and Financial Auditing
- Strategic Development Planning
- Risk Management
- Articulate Oral and Written Communication
- Financial Modeling and Forecasting
- Continuous Process / Productivity Improvement
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making
- Organized with Strong Analytical Abilities
The Coca-Cola Company | Atlanta, GA
Distribution Collection Analyst | Dec 2009-Present
- Function effectively in conducting data analysis for billing on financial databases to ensure data accuracy.
- Execute analysis in Legacy Systems as well as Systems Applications and Products (SAP 08– Finance).
- Assume full responsibility in collecting distributor commercial accounts for Reinhart Food Services, PFG Distributors, Jetro-Restaurant Depot, Sysco Food Services, Cheney Brothers Inc., Bunzl USA Inc. and Airtran Airways amongst others with a portfolio balance of $25 million.
- Respond and ensure effective communication on customer issues, such as deductions for shipping discrepancies, product damages, quantity adjustments, sample products, and promotional items to appropriate internal or external personnel to effectively resolve exceptions.
- Efficiently perform analytical research and reconciliation of agency fees, marketing fees, and rebate disputes through the use of Legacy Systems and SAP.
- Manage a portfolio of $25 million spread out over 19 accounts and was able to reduce the delinquency from 9.93% to 2.13% within three months.
- Resolved and collected on several aged residuals over a year old to efficiently minimize write offs.
Customer Service–Local Market Collections | May 2009-Dec 2009
- Responded to phone calls and customer’s requests; served as information resource to customers on products and services.
- Ensured escalation of calls to appropriate staff and effectively identified, researched, and resolved customer issues using SAP system.
- Conducted follow-ups on customer inquiries that were not immediately resolved.
- Proactively contacted local market customers regarding their fountain service equipment, parts, and point of sales invoices to ensure attainment of customer satisfaction and prompt receiving of payment.
- Accurately conducted research on billing disputes for service and escalated billing inquiries to sales executive and sales manager according to billing profile as per customer’s requests.
Ames Taping Tools Systems | Duluth, GA
Commercial Credit and Collections Supervisor | Nov 2008-Apr 2009
- Primarily performed a credit role of reviewing and processing credit applications for commercial accounts.
- Collaborated with Dun & Bradstreet and Equifax business reports to obtain credit information; ensured a 15-minute quick and proper filling out of all documents while customer waited at the store.
- Requested additional documentation when seeking approval depending on applicant’s credit history as required and ensured all the information provided was verified in a timely manner.
- Accurately evaluated accounts for possible credit limit increase from time to time based on payment history and transactions activity.
- Managed and supervised the Collections Department as well as assigned accounts, coached, trained, and monitored employee’s productivity, and developed strategies while simultaneously generating daily activity reports to guarantee achievement of departmental goals.
- Approved and submitted employee’s timesheets to HR as basis for processing payroll.
- Provided assistance to Credit Matrix and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) revision to effectively establish a better understanding of the department’s goals and targets, as well as functionality, for a better understanding on how both Credit and Collections worked as a unit to maximize productivity.
- Functioned effectively in reviewing accounts with collectors prior to submission for write off; necessarily assisted with settlement offers.
- Executed accurate internal auditing with stores to ensure filing and storing of all confidential information and to secure properly the information to guarantee compliance with the security and confidentiality guidelines.
- Obtained promotion to Credit and Collections Supervisor position in November 2009 due to consistent demonstration of exemplary performance.
Bilingual Commercial Collector | Jul 2008-Nov 2008
- Assumed full responsibility in working on top high balance accounts, ensuring proper communication with accounts payable and sales field to expedite payment.
- Effectively revised monthly statements and invoices with customers as requested for a better understanding of the billing process.
- Exhibited professional phone ethic communications at all times.
- Evaluated delinquent accounts to better assist customers on different payment options appropriate to bring their accounts current.
- Granted settlement plan options as last resource depending on payment history and account activity to maximize cash intake and minimize write offs.
- Managed account balances that ranged from $2,500 to $30,000 small and large corporate accounts.
- Successfully resolved billing issues in a timely manner while simultaneously maintaining proper communications with Customer Service and Accounting departments.
Brainstorm USA | Atlanta, GA
Collections Manager | Dec 2005-Jul 2008
- Promoted as Collections Manager in December 2008 tasked to maintain a large portfolio of pre-collections and collections accounts, ensuring achievement of a no-more-than 10% monthly delinquency target of the entire portfolio.
- Delegated accounts and targets to collector agents and conducted weekly meetings with management to ensure achievement of goals and maximize productivity.
- Demonstrated expertise on skip tracing of delinquent accounts.
- Conducted negotiation of payment plans and settlements with customers.
- Instrumental in resolving non-payment issues while working with the field to successfully obtain payments.
- Determined which accounts were uncollectible on a case-by case basis while ensuring compliance with FDCPA and company guidelines, and forwarded them to an outside agency.
- Trained, developed, and coached new employees as well as monitored and ensured quality at all times.
- Acquired extensive experience in customer relations as well as in predictive auto and manual dialer.
- Actively participated in several collection seminars for both commercial and consumer accounts and broadened knowledge on FDCPA guidelines.
Credit Associate | Sales Field Support | Feb 2005-Dec 2005
- Provided assistance to field sales representatives with sales orders. Processed over-the-phone credit applications while the customer waited utilizing all three major credit reports to guarantee customers met the minimum credit criteria; approved new business accounts and offered various options to customers not qualified to maximize potential sales.
- Evaluated and analyzed original documents after orders were approved to ensure proper documentation and sufficient information prior to funding and verification of the loan.
Bilingual Bill Collector | Customer Service Support | Jan 2002-Feb 2005
- Functioned efficiently in collecting on consumer accounts for educational software products in two stages:
- Pre-collections (0-90 days delinquent):
- Ensured new accounts made their first payment within a 90-day period to avoid possible buy-backs from a third party company, BrainstormUSA, contracted to finance their products.
- Prioritized on customer satisfaction through ensuring on-time product delivery and prompt installation, as well as resolving technical support issues over the phone.
- Regular collections (90+ past due):
- Offered payment option plans and settlements as well as maintained accounts current, which were never made their first payment while in the pre-collections stage, for the remaining life of the account.
Client Service Representative
Risk Management Alternatives, Duluth, GA | Dec 2000–Oct 2001
Data Entry | Loan Processor | Document Preparation
Greentree Financial/Conseco Finance, Duluth, GA | Oct 1998-Jun 2000
Associate’s Degree in Information Technology
American InterContinental University, Dunwoody, GA | Apr 2001-Jun 2003
Numerous Employee of the Month Awards | BrainstormUSA
Attended two seminars for consumer and commercial collections and FDCPA regulations | 2004
SAP (Systems Applications Products) | SAP 08 Finance | Legacy System | Lotus Notes
Microsoft Office Applications | AccuTerm 2K2 and GUI