Environmental Health and Safety Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Regulatory Compliance | Problem Analysis and Resolution | Program and Training Development Facility Management | Cost Reduction | Cross-Functional Collaboration | Performance Evaluation
- Reliable and intuitive professional powered with broad-based years of experience in leading, developing, and realigning program plans and activities toward optimum safety and hazard-free work environment.
- Show paramount efforts in providing effective team leadership to achieve world-class performance related to environmental, health, safety, and security in conjunction with current policies and regulations.
- Highly analytical and sharp in formulating new and innovative solutions to resolve organizational issues, as well as in developing cost reduction and improving SOP and training strategies while completely eliminating injuries.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of regulatory codes and guidelines; health and safety policies, procedures, and statistics; and OSHA regulations, including various EH&S programs and mandatory reporting.
- Skilled at facilitating training and completing multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT, GPA 3.32
ABC University, Slippery Rock, PA: 2016-2018
GENERAL STUDIES, GPA 3.56
ABC College, Butler, PA: 2014-2016
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONSXX
OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach Certification: July 2011-Present
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification: July 2011-Present
Certified Red Cross CPR/FA/AED Instructor Certification: May 2011-Present
OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach Certification: April 2008-Present
COMPANY ABC, CANTON, OH/ALSTOM GRID, PARIS, FRANCE
QEH&S MANAGER | 2018-PRESENT
Conduct regular visits to PSD jobsites for safety audits and daily monitoring of all safety programs with major subcontractors used. Closely monitor key areas of OSHA violations at all PSD work sites. Ensure PSD’s Employee Health and Safety at all times and foster safety culture within the company. Pivotal in purchasing all company Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) along with other safety equipment while staying within the allowed budget. Facilitate safety training meetings and exercises using Microsoft PowerPoint to help employees understand the potential safety hazards in their work environment. Build and cultivate long-term quality relationships with clients by providing safety documentation, policies, and procedures at their request.
- Established and implemented new safety policies and employee safety handbooks toward fulfillment of corporate goals
- Successfully built the Safety Committee, mainly responsible for the enforcement of safety standards, formulation of new safety precautions and procedures, and resolution of safety and health issues within the work sites
- Conceptualized Emergency Action Plans with detailed floor designs to ensure the safety of company property and employees in the event of an emergency
- Prepared and submitted monthly Corporate Safety and Health reports, documentation for all employee injuries and near misses, and Noxious Weed and Invasive plant control plans
- Masterfully led all efforts in qualifying PSD in required contractor database prequalification sites (ISNetworld)
- Improved company’s corporate safety compliance rating from 0% to 80% within seven months
- Commended for maintaining zero lost time incidents for employees and subcontractors
CDE GENERAL HOSPITAL, PITTSBURG, PA
SAFETY MANAGEMENT INTERN | 2018
Performed biweekly safety training orientation for all newly hired hospital employees. Executed TB/N95 respirator fit testing for more than 300 employees, including weekly construction area inspections. Attended various Safety Committee meetings, including patient, employee, and visitor safety.
- Developed and implemented the EPA Spill Prevention and Control Countermeasures plan for AGH Suburban campus
- Designed and employed Lockout Tagout safety procedures for various types of machinery
- Played a vital role in conducting and implementing the following:
- campus wide noise study program,
- passive and active indoor air quality sampling for various chemicals, and
- work place incident investigations while producing information on how to fix unsafe conditions
COMPANY FGH, NEW CASTLE, PA
NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINER/LABORER | 2004-2016
Assumed full responsibility in operating heavy machinery, including fork trucks, rolling mills, as well as overhead, jib and gantry cranes.
- Trained various employees on proper operating procedures to develop their competencies and achieve their maximum potential
- Guaranteed strict compliance with safety guidelines issued by the company for any given machine
American Red Cross Lifesaver Award through extensive CPR/FA/AED training
Participate in monthly fundraising for the community, including blood drives
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and PowerPoint | Floor Planner Software