Executive Producer Sample Resume
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Field Producing | Editorial Planning | Newsroom Strategies | Human Relations | Conflict Resolution | General Management | Growth and Development Impacts | Leadership and Team Building
Highly dynamic and results-oriented professional, with more than 15 years of broad-based experience in production management, field producing and journalism in a fast-paced, award-winning and content-driven setting. Articulate communicator with well-defined editorial skills and well-honed news judgment, leadership and decision-making aptitude. Highly enthusiastic Senior Producer who offers keen attention to detail and unswerving commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal service. Bilingual in English and Spanish; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Willing to travel.
SELECTED CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Worked as Interim Managing Editor for the 6 p.m. newscast in 2016.
- Honored several times by Emmy Awards, Golden Mike Awards, and AP Awards for outstanding performance and exceptional dedication to work; granted various awards and nominations such as:
- Emmy Nomination for 2018 Best Newscast
- 2017 Golden Mike Award’s Senior Producer/ Best TV Spot News Reporting for “AZ Protestors and Arrests”
- 2016 AP AWARD’s Senior Producer/ Excellence in Station Spot News for “Sesnon Fire”
- 2010 Emmy Award’s Producer/ Best Newscast
- 2008 Emmy Award’s Producer/ Best Live Breaking News Coverage for “Echo Park Building Collapse”
- 2012 Golden Mike Award’s Senior Producer/ Best Spot News Reporting for “CA Wildfires”
- 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2010 Golden Mike Awards’ Producer/ Best Newscast
- 2006 Golden Mike Award’s Producer/Feature Series for “Amenaza del Cielo”
- Selected among various Latin-American journalists to be the panel speaker for two of the most prestigious universities in Mexico -La Universidad Iberoamerica and Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP).
- Earned several NBC Ovations for excellence and outstanding work execution.
- Established a reputation for continuously handling increasing responsibilities by earning fast track promotion to senior producer in charge of both newscasts.
- Handpicked to lead “En Contexto” as the Executive Producer for the show that won a National Journalism Award in Mexico in 2007.
- Entrusted to oversee the newsroom and provide decisions regarding newscasts. Highly authorized to train new producers for KVEA Telemundo, and called to proceed to Senior Producer for any rapid and trusted solution.
- Served as key producer and team member for creating “En Contexto,” resulting to a new and innovative concept of a newscast that has been very successful for the last six years.
- Pioneered most of the news segments presently in different Telemundo newscasts, such as “Imagenes de Hoy,” “Noticias con Respuesta,” “Lo Bueno y lo Malo” and “La Voz del 52.”
- Successfully field produced major news events, such as “Miss Universe” in Mexico and LA Mayor’s Trip to El Salvador and Mexico in 2015, as well as “The Caravan of Voices of Hope to Washington, DC”
An NBC-owned and operated television station in the Los Angeles area, and the very first Telemundo-owned in mainland U.S. station.
SENIOR PRODUCER – MANAGING EDITOR | 2010-Present
- Provide expert oversight to the production of Noticiero Telemundo 52 at 6pm and En Contexto at 11pm.
- Spearhead the execution of stories from each reporter as well as the implementation of editing, writing and graphic development.
- Hold accountability in field producing of news events, including the anti-immigrant Law SB1070 live coverage from Arizona, local and presidential elections and special shows, such as Town-Halls and soap opera launching.
PRODUCER | 2005-2010
- Authored, researched and produced a nightly newscast that consistently received highest ratings in the history of Telemundo. Produced the 6pm and the 11pm as well.
- Initiated daily stories researching, writing, creating graphics and producing the daily promos.
ASSIGNMENT DESK PLANNING EDITOR: 2003-2005
BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, MINOR IN SPANISH
ABC University | Pomona, CA
Ethics/Legal Seminars, Burbank, CA | 2016-2018
Effective Coaching Skills Seminar, Universal City, CA | 2018
Leadership Skills Seminar, Universal City, CA | 2016
Poynter Ethics Seminar, Burbank, CA | 2015
NAHJ National Convention, Washington, DC | 2014
Poynter Persuasive Writing Seminar, Burbank, CA | 2012
NAHJ Writing Workshop, Los Angeles, CA | 2010; 2012
Poynter Leadership for New Leader Seminar, St. Petersburg, FL | 2011
Poynter Producers Seminar, Burbank and St. Petersburg, FL | 2010; 2011
RTNDF News Leaders Seminar, Denver, CO | 2011
RTNDF Television News Producers Workshop, San Francisco, CA | 2008
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Dalet News Suite | iNEWS | APC-Ross Video Overdrive/HD TV 2015
Windows XP Professional Operating System