Phone # / Cell Phone #
Field Services Technician
High-powered, competent, and persistent professional equipped with mechanical aptitude and demonstrated strong skills honed through progressive years of experience in technical administration. Show remarkable ability in applying innovative, state-of-the-art concepts to improve efficiency while ensuring flawless transactions through excellent delivery of products and services. Demonstrate proven capability to multi-task in a fiercely competitive, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment.
Areas of Expertise
- System Upgrade and Support
- Technical Support and Service
- Information Security and Quality Assurance
- Customer Service and Support
- Training and Development
- Communication and Diagnostic Skills
- Leveraged superior technical skills to effectively manage, maintain, implement, and troubleshoot various server/desktop enterprise as well as administer the migration of Virtual Server Network from 3.5 to 4.1 (VMwarev Sphere 4.1) along with 2003 servers to 2008 R2; extensively use VMware versus Citrix XenCenter.
- Managed site operations that involve maintaining 31 virtual servers and 16 physical servers as well as providing support to 50 users; render proactive support to other two sites as necessary.
- Maintained the dependability of Citrix XenCenter 5.6 FP1, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 2008 Storage Server.
- Efficiently worked with NAS & SAN (EMC² and Cybernetics), AXIS Camera’s and Camera Station Software, Exchange 2007, Cisco IP Phones 7940-7960’s through Pingtone.com and Pingtone.com’s VoIP service, and Deltek Time & Expense & GCS server software.
- Provided technical support for Konica and HP printers.
- Rendered efficient service in providing technical support in an on-call and as needed environment as well as in performing systems setup, daily backups; connectivity, hardware, and software troubleshooting; network virus inoculation; and File/Print/VPN/E-mail servers and workstation performance optimization, repair, and configuration.
- Collaborated with onsite and offsite users in managing LAN/WAN/firewall installation, configuration, and support.
- Applied expertise in implementing and administering Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003.
- Utilized MySQL Databases and Content Management Systems in providing Website development and maintenance.
- Employed helpdesk ticket package Clarify in providing 24/7 IT support in a manufacturing environment.
- Handled all necessary network cables for new systems (OUIs and Tools).
- Shared skills and knowledge in training new employees to efficiently perform various tasks.
- Applied Symantec Ghost on users PCs in backing up and restoring hard drive.
- Executed proficiency in installing and configuring software, such as Lotus Notes, Oracle, Windows XP, and Novell.
Professional Experience and Highlights
C² Technologies, Inc. | Vienna, VA
Systems Administrator, Tier 2 | June 2018–Present
- Received a special achievement award for successfully revitalizing equipment from shut off state due to failure to follow operating instructions and maintenance requirements.
- Actively contributed in the system upgrade of active directory (Schema) from 2003 to 2008 R2 together with Exec 12 / Symantec End Point Protection 11 backup.
- Played a major role in the successful implementation of CompleteFTP Software (EnterpriseDT.com) and migration from existing Linux FTP system.
- Administered the utilization of ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for ticketing/asset system.
- Migrated users from XP/Vista to Windows7 by creating Windows Deployment Server utilizing Microsoft Deployment Toolbox and Windows Easy Transfer.
- Provided superior server and basic user support for Konica and HP printers.
- Installed Windows Client Side Extensions for XP machines to utilize 2008 R2 GPO’s such as Push Printers, Mount Network Drives, and the like.
Ping Consultants, Inc. / Spectrum Signal Processing, Inc. | Triangle, VA
IT Consultant | Mar 2014–Sept 2017
- Took part in the successful recovery of client system from immense hardware failure, without any data loss and backed up and ran long enough to setup a 2nd system.
- Ensured zero loss of data with no downtime of all migrated services from the original server to the temporary server, wiping the original server clean.
- Delivered exemplary service in transferring DHCP, DNS, WINS, VPN, IIS, IAS, Exchange, Backup Exec, SQL Server, Print Server, File Server, WAP Authentication, Anti-virus (McAfee) as well as in setting up new trust relationship with mother company’s domain.
- Made use of various systems/applications in designing and maintaining websites for clients including:
- Kim Rider-USA Engravers | June 2017
- Peter Bernad-Capitol Sleep Centers | February 2017
- Peter Hilgartner-Hilgartner Chiropractic Clinic, P.C. | May 2016
- Peter Bernad-Neurology Services, Inc. | June 2015
Micron Technologies | Manassas, VA
Vaxcom Services, Inc. | Nov 2010–Mar 2011
Tac Worldwide, Inc. | Mar 2012–June 2013
Field Services Engineer
- Dynamically contributed in configuring and maintaining Operator User Interface (OUI), ranging from PCs running NT 4.0, OS2 Warp, to Windows XP.
- Troubleshot and communicated hardware and software issues between OUIs, tools, and various servers.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), Volt Information Sciences | Falls Church, VA
Site Lead and Senior Desktop Technician | Sept 2011 – Mar 2012
Systems Administrator, Telia Internet, Inc. | Reston, VA
Network Operations Technician, Electronic Newsstand | Washington, DC
Systems Administrator/Web Master/Senior Support Technician, Quantum Communications, Inc. | Chantilly, VA
Education and Credentials
Introduction to Microcomputer Software | Windows for Programmers
Visual Basic I & II | Introduction to C# Programming
Northern Virginia Community College | Annandale, VA
A+ Certified Technician | Network+ Certified
Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) | Downers Grove, IL
Linux Administration (General) | HTML 3.2 (Master Level)
Computer Industry Knowledge | Computer Technical Support
Brainbench | Chantilly, VA
Administrating Microsoft Windows NT 4
Gestalt | Alexandria, VA
Technical Skills Summary
Operating Systems and Hardware: Windows 9x/NT/ME/2k Pro/XP Pro/Vista/WM5, Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 2008 Storage Server, Linux Mandrake/Red Hat /LFS/Ubuntu/Gentoo, IBM x86, and Macintosh platforms
Programming: Visual Basic, C#, PHP, CSS, HTML, and SQL
Software: Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, and 2010, Exchange 5.5/2k3, iMail 5.09, MySQL Database Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Apache Web Server, Microsoft IIS, Symantec Backup Exec 11d, Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator, Microsoft ActiveSync, Clarify, Lotus Notes, and Citrix, Virtual Server Network (VMware vSphere 4.1), Citrix XenCenter 5.6 FP1, Exchange 2007, NAS & SAN’s (EMC² & Cybernetics), Deltek Time & Expense and GCS server
Joomla (Website Content Management System) | Microsoft Forums | Experts Exchange
Mobile Devices Forums (Working with/modifying Windows Mobile and Android Phones)