First Sergeant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Air Force Reserve
Dedicated, reliable, and highly accomplished police officer, with solid academic foundation and comprehensive years of experience in security management, tactical training, and law enforcement; complemented with broad-based knowledge of personnel management, focusing on quality force indicators, personnel, and administration. Demonstrate quality performance in public safety and emergency response. Possess outstanding observation, sound judgment, and resourcefulness in identifying and resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner. Capable of providing visionary leadership in supervising police officers, with proven adeptness in designing press, media, publicity, and public relations kits.
- Received commendation for outstanding performance through exemplifying exceptional situational problem-solving and analytical skills, professionalism, and integrity at all times.
- Acquired expertise in adhering to safety procedures and policies implemented in the Department Safety Manual.
- Diplomatically collaborate with various officials in developing and implementing operational procedures toward successful completion.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Law Enforcement Principles
- Investigative Research and Techniques
- Crime Prevention and Community Control
- Regulatory Compliance and Standards
- Emergency Preparedness
- Data Management
- Leadership and Supervision
- Rapid Conflict Resolution
- Public and Executive Relations
- Communication and Coordination
- Recognized as the department’s first female promoted to the rank of Sergeant.
- Personally selected by General Black to attend and participate in his retirement ceremony.
- Facilitated the recruitment of program participants for the Citizen’s Academy; coordinated staff, multiple venues, and resources to implement a 16-week public involvement program.
- Gained the ability and confidence to speak in public, delivering speech, instructions, and announcements before a large audience.
- Developed brilliant solutions and got accustomed to problems that arise out of the normal schedule of events.
- Coordinated all aspects involving the yearly National Night Out event, including assigning employees in handling event-specific tasks and securing support from sponsors in the form of money, products, and prizes for a large-scale public event.
- Closely monitored and supervised the development of e-mail newsletter through gathering ideas and information from staff on topics to be written and included in the newsletter. Handled proofreading and editing following strict timeline, ensuring newsletter is released in a timely manner.
- Applied effective marketing skills in promoting the event within the community and encouraged participation of outside agencies.
SECURITY MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS
- Assumed leadership role and accountability in executing base security tasks; provided exemplary support to Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Provided security expertise and strong leadership skills in supervising a small agency servicing a base population of 12,000 and over 100,000 tourists during peak season.
- Developed productive relationships with officers by conducting roll call and briefings on daily work assignments.
- Exemplified versatility and multitasking skills in performing diverse tasks, such as police patrol, investigation, traffic regulations, and related law enforcement activities.
- Immediately responded to irregular or impaired behavior; detained and confined unstable or combative individuals.
- Strictly monitored and secured the major healthcare facility servicing thousands of patients; regularly performed facility and grounds patrols.
- Assigned and deployed to Operations Iraqi Freedom; performed base security assistance.
- Rendered unparalleled service in providing prompt response to all emergency calls.
INVESTIGATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
- Collected evidence and conducted intensive investigations.
- Handled the integration process; sustained constant communication with suspects, witnesses and drivers to gather information and necessary facts.
- Thoroughly reviewed and analyzed facts of incidents to determine criminal acts and statue violations; documented facts and prepared reports for incidents and activities.
- Administered the creation and completion of comprehensive incident reports.
- Strategically identified crime perpetrators and guaranteed successful prosecutions.
- Meticulously led the investigation of criminal law violations.
REGULATIONS COMPLIANCE AND STANDARDS
- Ensured overall compliance of officer’s appearance as well as their morale; maintained all applicable laws.
- Utilized broad-based knowledge of all applicable laws to ensure consistent compliance with state regulations.
PUBLIC SERVICE, COMMUNICATION, AND COORDINATION
- Sustained constant communication with other service officers while keeping aware of any suspicious activity.
- Interfaced and sustained constant communication with the public.
- Coordinated and facilitated community-oriented police work.
Cocoa Beach, FL | 2012-Present
AIR FORCE SECURITY FORCES CRAFTSMAN
U.S. Air Force, Charleston| 2016-2017
Maitland, FL | 2012
PROTECTIVE SERVICES OFFICER
XYZ Medical Center | Orlando, FL | 2011-2012
AIR FORCE SECURITY FORCES APPRENTICE
U.S. Air Force, Charleston AFB | Charleston, SC | 2010-2011
ABC International Group | Maitland, FL | 2009-2011
BACHELORS DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE (ONGOING)
GHIJUniversity | Kansas City, MI
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE (ONGOING)
Community College of the Air Force | Charleston Air Force Base, SC
BASIC LAW ENFORCEMENT RECRUIT (2009)
BASIC EMERGENCY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE (2008)
STUV Community College | Sanford, FL
USAF First Sergeant Academy Additional Duty Seminar, MacDill Air Force Base, FL, | 2019
AFRC NCO Leadership Development Course, Charleston Air Force Base, SC 26 | 2015
First Line Supervisor
Legacy Leadership Training
Basic Law Enforcement Recruit Academy
Basic Emergency Technician Certificate
Member, Fraternal Order of Police
AWARDS AND HONORS
Outstanding Traditional Reservist Security Forces Reserve Component Airman Award
Air Force Commendation Medal for an Act of Courage
Unit Top Female Fit to Fight Award, 2016 and 2018
Air Force Achievement Medal for Outstanding Achievement Airmen of the Quarter Award, 2011
Civilian Achievement Award and Perfect Attendance Award
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel