Flight Instructor Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Warrior, academic, and highly accomplished professional with 15 years of work experience in military aviation, foreign languages, special operations, and international relations. Known as US Air Force Pilot and foreign area expert focusing on China, with extensive operational and combat experience in four theaters, including Asia, South America, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Hold both online and in-residence Master’s Degree and foreign language learning programs with unquestionable credentials to teach courses in basic Chinese, international relations in Asia, Chinese government and foreign policy, Chinese military, and national security to future national security professionals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Strategic and Policy-Level Decision Making
- Online and Foreign Language Learning
- Objective Evaluations and Administration
- Graduate-level Research
- Special Operations Planning/Execution
- Inter-agency Communication and Coordination
- Learning Goals Implementation
- Leadership, Mentorship, and Team Building
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE IN CHINESE MANDARIN, GPA: 4.0
DEFENSE LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST (DLPT), Score L2+/R2/S2 | 2018
ABC Institute, Monterey, CA
MASTER’S DEGREE IN NATIONAL SECURITY STUDIES – EAST ASIAN SECURITY
With Distinction, GPA: 4.0 | 2018
DEF Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
MASTER’S DEGREE IN NATIONAL SECURITY STUDIES – INTELLIGENCE ANALYSIS
Earned “Pass with Distinction” on Comprehensive Exams, GPA: 3.6 | 2017
American Military University, WV
US AIR FORCE AIR COMMAND AND STAFF COLLEGE (Correspondence)
Maxwell Air Force Base, AL | 2015
US AIR FORCE SQUADRON OFFICER SCHOOL
Maxwell Air Force Base, AL | 2010
BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN POLITICAL SCIENCE – INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
cum laude | 2004
University of GHI Amherst, MA
U.S Air Force Regional Affairs Strategist Training Program “Distinguished Graduate” | 2016-2018, Monterey, CA
U.S. Air Force Responsible Officer’s Course (2-week course on global terrorism and force protection Level 2 training) |2013
U.S. Air Force MC-130H Instructor upgrade course, Kirtland Air Force Base, NM | 2013
U.S. Air Force MC-130H Aircraft Commander upgrade course, Kirtland Air Force Base, NM | 2012
U.S. Air Force Dynamics of International Terrorism Course (1-week course on global terrorist tactics, techniques and procedures) | 2009
U.S. Air Force MC-130H Qualification Training, Kirtland Air Force Base, NM | 2009
Advanced Airlift Tactical Training School “Distinguished Graduate” | 2008
U.S. Air Force C-130E Qualification Training, Little Rock Air Force Base, AR | 2006
U.S. Air Force Survival School, Fairchild Air Force Base, WA | 2006
Vance AFB Enid, OK and Corpus Christie, TX | 2005-2006
Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) “Distinguished Graduate,” University of Massachusetts, Amherst | 2004
TEACHING AND INSTRUCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Exemplified solid teaching and instructional abilities in an academic environment through execution of syllabus design, management, and revision for MC-130H pilots, increased student output to 115% while flight commander; provided effectual training, supervision, and assessment to pilots entering the MC-130H community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing, tracking, mentoring, and training dozens of USAF aircrew in the MC-130H that led to recognition as the 2014 58th Operations Group Flying Training Flight Commander of the Year
- Earned distinction and received the 2014 58th Operations Group fixed-wing Instructor of the Year and the 2014 9th Air Force Special Operations Instructor Pilot of the Year.
- Gained years of experience living, working, and traveling throughout East and Southeast Asia including (but not limited to) 4 days in North Korea, 4 months in China, and 2 years in Japan.
- Expertly administered and coordinated twice the “Monterey Talks” – the highest-level dialogue between the US and Taiwan governments held annually at the Naval Post Graduate school focusing on Asia-Pacific policy issues involving the two nations.
MILITARY OPERATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
- Decorated combat veteran! 437 combat flying hours as a lead member of the first units to deploy at the outset of both Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Strategically identified and resolved daily issues regarding US-China military to military relations.
- Rendered unparalleled assistance through coordination and facilitation of the reception, bed down, and service to Air Force-1 and crewmembers within up to 12 overseas and stateside destinations which included President Bush’s attendance at the 2014 APEC Summit, 2015 Russia-US Summit, and 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Assigned and dealt in supervising and coordinating the overall logistic operations of Air Force-1 and crew with host nation personnel as well as the White House Staff, Secret Service, local military assets and law enforcement.
EXTENSIVE RESEARCH AND FOCUS
- Focused on issues of potential strategic surprise in a China-Taiwan-US conflict, China-Japan relations, as well as a Lockwood predictive study of the impact of China’s rise on Asia-Pacific international relations using “realist” IR theory.
- Research experience on issues of offense/defense balance between China-Taiwan-US in a potential conflict as well as assessing the strategic intent behind China’s military modernization and foreign policy.
NORTHEAST ASIA PLANS AND PROGRAM OFFICER, 2018-PRESENT
Headquarters, United States Pacific Command (PACOM)
INSTRUCTOR/EVALUATOR PILOT AND CHIEF, WING PLANS AND PROGRAMS, 2017-2018
MC-130H Special Operations Variant C-130, 550th
Special Operations Squadron, 58th Special Operations Wing
Kirtland Air Force Base, NM
PILOT, AIRCRAFT COMMANDER, 2017-2018
MC-130H 15th Special Operations Squadron
Hurlburt Field, FL
C-130E 36th Airlift Squadron | Yokota Air Base, Japan
AIR FORCE ONE ADVANCE AGENT, 2014-2016
POTUS Support at 12 stateside and overseas locations
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Distinguished Graduate, Naval Post Graduate School, 2018
- Recently promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
- 58th Operations Group Flying Training Flight Commander of the Year (#1 of 12), 2014
- 58th Operations Group fixed-wing Instructor of the Year (#1 of 26), 2014
- 9th Air Force Special Operations Instructor Pilot of the Year, 2014
- #1 of 45 Captains at the 15th Special Operations Squadron, 2012
- #1 of 12 Majors at the 550th Special operations Squadron, 2014
- #4 out of 72 Majors in the 58th Special Operations Wing, 2016
Member, Foreign Area Officer (FAO) Association of Monterey
Member, USAF Regional Affairs Strategist (RAS)
Microsoft Office Applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
“Sakai” Online Teaching Software (Used at NPS)