Phone # / Cell Phone #
IT Project Manager
Preferred Locations: East Coast, Texas, and Bay Area at West Coast
Diligent, multifaceted, and results-driven professional, powered with more than 11 years of successful career in technical project management, system analysis, and business development. Proven expertise in generating high quality solutions that enhance efficiency of business and IT operations. Adept at working with clients in a “fluid” team environment as well as in leading global institutions in different industries, such as Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, Automobile, and Airline. Team player, self-starter, and goals-driven, known for keen eye for detail; competent in channelizing information and communication flow to cross-functional team by developing synergy, fostering team spirit, and directing productivity improvement.
- Possess knowledge and awareness of industry best practices, processes, and standards, including CMM, Six Sigma, and Lean principles.
- Earned comprehensive experience in software development and widened knowledge on Iterative, Incremental, Agile, Waterfall, and V-Process models.
- Masterfully led the creation of project estimations through utilization of function point analysis (FPA) and use case analysis techniques.
- Exhibited strong background in risk management, communication management, scope management, and resource management.
- Acquired extensive background in project management; capable of working on complex and multi-vendors projects as well as in onsite-offshore model.
- Executed superior management skills in directing the business process modeling; led and facilitated user interviews for domain and business process comprehension.
- Exemplified extensive background in facilitation, requirements gathering, and documentation with substantial knowledge in analysis of object-oriented design of system applications and business processes.
Areas of Expertise
- Process and Productivity Improvement
- Project Management and Completion
- Technology Needs Analysis
- Quality Standards and Regulatory Compliance
- Communication Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership, Training, and Team Development
- Risk and Issue Management and Conflict Resolution
- Scope and Change Management
- Customer Service and Employee Relations
- Stakeholder Expectations Balancing and Management
- Project Management/Analyst Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, Metastorm Provision
- Development/Business Languages: JAVA, J2EE, PL-SQL, XML, Visual Basic, UML
- Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 7.0, DB2
- Platforms: Windows 2000/NT/XP, UNIX, Linux, and Solaris
- Methodologies /Architectures: Rational Unified Process and OOAD
- Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, iPlanet, and Tomcat
Project Manager, Wipro Technologies ▪US | 2007-Present
- Proactively managed the client’s overall cycle of project delivery, including quality, timing, and milestones as per the integrated project plan and project estimation; prepared project plan and schedule; as well as tracked and reported progress.
- Devised and formulated detailed status reports; provided effectual training to team members; and diligently managed the budget and financial cost, issues escalation, and risk mitigation.
- Provided assistance and support to vendors and team all throughout the overall project completion phase which led to total customer satisfaction and cultivation of long-term partnership.
- Orchestrated the deployment of management reports and assisted the Steering Committee in organizing presentations.
- Served as project manager in charge for supervising 7-8 individuals with total team size of more than 30 members and was responsible for the handling of project worth more than $3M.
- Maintained professional relationship with clients all throughout the execution of all deliverables, analysis, and verification of software development process.
- Collaborated closely with clients through attending their complex issues and concerns in a prompt manner, which generated customer satisfaction and boosted referrals and repeat business.
- Demonstrated exceptional performance and earned the ‘Long Service Award’ for extending long period of service to the company.
- Successfully implemented project management methodologies, tools and best practices and delivered projects meeting high quality standards and customer expectations.
- Project Manager, Global Integration Gateway – Service bus based on Oracle Fusion to provide real-time data interfaces between applications and orchestration processes to manage business for a leading US based Telematics company in Auto Space ▪ 2009-Present
- Project Manager, SMART – Extended warranty application to administer products, policies and claims for a leading US based Insurance Company ▪ 2008-2009
- Project Manager/Scrum Master, Global Reporting and Investigation Tool (GRIT) for the security team of a leading US based Auto Company ▪ 2007-2008
System Analyst, Wipro Technologies ▪India | 2003-2007
- Strategically identified and analyzed business and system scope.
- Developed and created of business requirements documentations, functional specifications, and use cases using MS Word, Visio, and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Efficiently classified constraints and procedures of the system, which resulted to resolution of user problems encountered in both automated and manual business processes; collected and processed data requirements for the system through proper collaboration with users and data administrators.
- Conducted and completed object-oriented analysis and design using UML (Rational Rose), RUP (Rational Unified Process), and other design patterns.
- Contributed and involved in the creation and dissemination of project document templates; interfaced and worked closely with UI Design Team all throughout the distribution of wireframes.
- Prepared and carried out table reviews, proof of concept for rich graphical task display and framework development, performance tuning, code and design evaluation, and functional testing.
- Strictly monitored and managed the SCM audits as well as integration with Workflow and Security; provided exemplary assistance and support to peers and technical team members.
- Applied expertise in JAD sessions in conducting personal interviews, developing questionnaire, brainstorming, and facilitating collaborative workshops.
- Exercised and encouraged coordination of user acceptance testing (UAT) among business users; assisted the QA Team with test cases creation.
- Received the “Feather in my Cap” recognition for outstanding performance in the verification and execution of requirements.
- System Analyst, Availability and Automatic Promise Dating (AAPD) for a leading US based Manufacturing company ▪ 2006-2007
- Business Analyst and Technical Lead, Supply Management and Risk Tool (SMART for a leading US based Manufacturing company ▪ 2005
- Business /System Analyst, Crew Management System (MaestroCrew) for a leading US based Aerospace company ▪ 2004-2005
- Technical Lead, Post-It Easy Print (EZPP) – a B2C website on the Custom Post-It product for a Japan based Manufacturing company ▪ 2003-2004
Senior Software Engineer, Aithent Technologies ▪India | 2000-2003
- Spearheaded the completion of requirement analysis and module planning; created and formulated documents; and directed and coordinated the development of project generic components, review, configuration, and controller functions, including version releases, release notes, and delivery notes to secure timely and accurate completion of all activities.
- Instrumental for the successful instigation of client tier through deployment of Swing and JSP, implementation of MVC Framework, Internationalization, Unit Testing and Functional testing, stored procedures development using PL/SQL, and configuration of application and application servers in Development and Test environment.
- Built and cultivated long-term quality relationship with developers and subject matter experts, which resulted to development and instigation of technical vision and analysis of tradeoffs between usability and performance needs, technical and functional assistance to team members, code assessment and review of different artifacts, functional testing, and static analysis using JTest.
- Sustained constant communication with clients and users pertaining to code compliance, development standards, and guidelines in terms of usage and conventions labeling.
- Served as paramount contributor in the completion and identification of features supporting the application, user interface, and database design along with the development, testing, and user training.
- Module Lead, Licensing Environment Online (LEO) for a US based Association of Insurance Commissioners ▪ 2002-2003
Software Engineer, Majestic Software Ltd ▪India | 1999-2000
- Executed comprehensive requirement analysis, including high-level and low-level design.
- Rendered service in the execution of interface and database design; development of retailer website; and administration module completion, testing, and debugging.
- Developed unit test cases and application logic; conducted peer code unit, web, and system testing; and generated application documents.
Master of Science in Software Systems, 2004 | Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
Master of Science in Operational Research, 1999 | Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 1997 | University of Delhi, Delhi, India
GNIIT (Software Exports) Course, NIIT, Delhi, India ▪ 1995-1999
Future Manager Program, Wipro, Hyderabad, India ▪ 2005