Land Development Consultant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
LAND DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT/MANAGER
Business Management | Operations Administration
| Time Management and Budget Administration
Hardworking, dedicated, and experienced management professional, specializing in land design and development, project supervision, and team participation within the real estate industry. Ability to target the right market, inform client on project details and effectively help close the deal. Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills and the ability to assess and resolve client concerns. Competent at working efficiently in both individual and collaborative environment while maintaining high quality work performance. Strong professional demeanor, rigorous attention to detail, versatility, and time management aptitudes.
Organizational Management and Operations
- Demonstrates expertise in business and management principles, including strategic planning, leadership technique, and people and resources coordination.
- Responds quickly and properly to changing circumstances; assessed problems, formulated comprehensive decisions to achieve positive change, and refocus on new priorities.
- Exemplifies exceptional ability to establish rapport and provide support to client based on knowledge and integrity.
- Competent in providing assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems to facilitate organizational improvement.
Leadership and Supervision
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks without compromising quality. Capable of applying sound and consistent judgment in decision-making processes.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise, direct, and guide individuals and groups toward the completion of tasks and fulfillment of goals.
- Functioned effectively in studying and evaluating real estate property, raw land and/or rehab for residential or commercial use; developed available market studies through real estate entities as well as local, state, and federal planning organizations to ensure the highest and best use for the property including preliminary sketch plans as well as cost and time estimates that exemplify the proposed use.
- Consulted professional architects, civil engineers/surveyors and contractors to verify the preliminary in house design studies, plans and cost estimates.
- Collaborated with investors and the financial community to develop preliminary construction and permanent financing, including all incentive programs that are available through the local, state, or federal programs.
- Partnered with architect, engineers, surveyors, and various government improvement agencies and community organizations to gather development approvals, bid out the project, and obtain construction and permanent financing; monitored site and building improvements.
- Maintained a project timeline and budget Proforma during the entire land development process as it proceeds through the design/approval phase to monitor the stated project goals, due to various government and private organizations modification request, which could effectively disturb the balance between invested dollars and proposed profits.
- Successfully conducted planning and designing of the residential, retail, and commercial development projects.
- Handled the successful negotiation of selling Evans, Hagan & Holderfer, Inc. Land Planning, Civil Engineering and Land Surveying firm, to KCI, which at the time was a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company with H.Q. in England.
- Functioned effectively as the Executive Vice President of the Land Development Design & Land Survey Division at KCI, with full responsibility in managing eight offices in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
- Successfully developed various residential subdivisions, which included “Ivy Hill” in Hunt Valley, “Stoddard” on York Road in Sparks, “Heather Hill” on Falls Road, and projects in Howard County.
- Managed EH&H, Inc. that received various awards from peers for demonstrating excellence in Land Surveying and Land Development/Civil Engineering Design.
Assistant Development Director, Gebhart Properties, Baltimore, MD
Residential Land Developer, Hagan Enterprises, Baltimore, MD
Founder/Owner, Hagan and Hamilton, Custom Home Builders, Baltimore, MD
Executive Vice President, KCI Consulting Engineering Firm, Baltimore, MD
Partner/President, Evans, Hagan & Holdover, Inc. (EH&H), Baltimore, MD
Registered Professional Land Surveyor, Maryland / Pennsylvania
Former Vice President | Treasurer, Home Builders Association of Maryland
- Served on the Board of Directors for 10 years
Chairman, various HBAM ad hoc committees
- Received several awards for service to the HBAM and was awarded as the Associate Member of the Year
- Instructed interested members of the HBAM regarding Land Development Design and approval process
Former President | Member, Maryland Society of Surveyors
- Member of ad hoc Committee, Towson Chamber of Commerce
Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet Data/Research Engines