Lawyer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Diligent, seasoned, and highly accomplished attorney, with solid academic foundation and comprehensive years of experience in transaction and litigation within insurance, general practice, and entertainment industries. Expert in performing courtroom proceedings, case investigation, mediations, and arbitrations, as well as conducting depositions, legal research and analysis. Possess impeccable ethics and integrity in acquiring and presenting pieces of evidence in adherence to law and established standards. Reputed as skilled negotiator and effective litigator, with proven adeptness in utilizing independent judgment and creativity to identify and resolve contractual issues. Well-versed in analyzing, investigating, orchestrating, and handling high-volume case load. Adaptive and flexible to new and high-pressure legal environments, equipped with outstanding organizational, planning, and communication skills.
Areas of Expertise
- Case Management and Execution
- Trial Preparation and Litigation
- Legal Documentation and Research
- Complaints Drafting and Modification
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Contract Negotiation and Creation
Education and Credentials
ABC Law School – Newark| Newark, NJ
Bachelor of Science in Political Science
DEF University| Tallahassee, FL
Bar Status: Admitted to Practice in New York
- Proficiently handled a caseload of more than 125 cases consisting of various insurance cases.
- Played a key role in creating, developing, and executing numerous lawsuits and business matters for the Source Magazine.
- Led all initiatives for the successful renegotiation of partnership agreements with a production company affiliated with D.C. Comics
- Effectively functioned as senior attorney on high profile cases, provided exemplary support and supervision to the litigation team.
- Demonstrated expertise in administering transactional and litigation matters for high profile clients.
- Successfully handled trials and hearings before Administrative Boards.
General Counsel To: Company Xyz (2013–Present) | New York, NY
- Deal with the creation and completion of various film projects, such as joint venture with A-List Actors for a new television series; act as legal counsel for several actors on a variety television series.
- Handle and render service to different actors by negotiating talent agent agreements along with their television series agreements; provide legal advice for various other matters.
- Expertly develop productive relationships with start-ups, independent producers, and other professional in the entertainment industry.
Associate/Transactional and Litigation (2011–2013) | Company Opq | New York, NY
- Assisted and championed various actions, which included copyright infringement and breach of contract actions.
- Prepared and wrote memoranda on intellectual property issues along with draft employee confidentiality agreements, settlement agreements, general releases, and severance agreements.
- Utilized relationship-building skills in managing and overseeing the employee issues for The Source Magazine.
- Arranged and settled synchronization licenses for motion picture soundtracks.
- Meticulously handled the analysis, creation, and negotiation of sophisticated agreements, including recording, producer, and licensing agreements.
- Closely supervised and monitored outside litigations in New York, Los Angeles, and various other jurisdictions.
- Rendered unparalleled service in counseling various high profile litigations.
- Researched and drafted disclaimer letter; managed and resolved insurance coverage issues, including drafting and responding opinion letters; responded to Subpoenas.
- Regularly attended all phases of Discovery and various court conferences; participated in document review and production, while preparing witnesses for depositions.
Associate (2008–2011) | The Law Offices | New York, NY
- Managed the preparation, development, and arraignment of diverse agreements, including exclusive recording artist, production, producer, and personal management.
- Spearheaded the preparation and completion of trademark and copyright applications.
- Rendered support to upper management in creating schedules and orchestrating budgets for different artists.
Trial Attorney (2005–2008) | Mineola, NY
- Functioned as in-house counsel to Nationwide Insurance Company; provided expert oversight in managing various actions which included motor vehicle actions, premises liability, and labor law.
- Initiated and established mutual partnerships with different individuals by interviewing and preparing witnesses for trial, mediations, arbitrations, and other matters.
- Spearheaded and conducted defense of personal injury actions from commencement to trial.
Pleadings Attorney/of Counsel (2004–2005) | Company ghi | Bethpage, NY
Associate (2003–2004) | Company jkl | New York, NY
Associate (1999–2003) | Company mno | Mineola, NY
Judicial Law Clerk (1998–1999) | Superior Court of New Jersey | Elizabeth, NJ
H. Lovells |New York, NY (2016–Present)
M. Lewis |New York, NY (2016)
Pqr Law Office | New York, NY (2016)
W. Hale | New York, NY (2016)
Stu Law Firm | New York, NY (2015–2016)
Vwx Law Firm| New York, NY (2015–2016)
Xyz Law Firm | New York, NY (2015)
Abc Law Office | New York, NY (2015)
Abc Law Office | New York, NY (2015)
Cde Law Firm | New York, NY (2014–2015)
Fgh Law Firm | New York, NY (2014)
Ijk Law Office | New York, NY (2014)
Lmn Law Office | New York, NY (2013–2014)
- Conducted detailed review on documents to ensure accuracy and responsiveness in various matters.
- Exemplified proficiency in performing first level, second level, and privilege review.
- Leveraged advanced administrative skills in reviewing trial binder for partner and senior associate; indexing litigation files; revising corporate documents; and utilizing documents in concordance.
- Applied multifaceted approached in performing diverse tasks, such as responding to discovery request, arranging privileged log, handling quality control review, and editing documents for privilege.
- Summarized produced documents while identifying relevancy.
Member, Carefree Tennis League § Merrick New York
Member, United States Tennis Association (USTA)
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Amici, Lextranet, Cataphora, Merrill Navigator, Attenax, Common Source, Concordance
Summation, Applied Discovery, IConectnxt, Stratify, Kroll Ontrack, and Relativity