Logistics Operations Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Remarkable astute and results-driven professional with more than 15 years of logistics and warehouse operations management. Demonstrate keen expertise in deploying logistics and transportation solutions for diverse customers to address specific needs. Exhibit superior talents in establishing business processes and programs to improve efficiency and productivity while reducing costs. Successfully relate to and work with diverse people, adapt to cultures, and provide innovative business solutions. Proven effectiveness in coping within a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Supply Chain Logistics and Transportation
- Project Service Delivery
- Outstanding Customer Service and Relations
- Business Management and Operations
- Superior Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Continuous Process and Productivity Improvement
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making
- Profit and Loss Projections
- Articulate Oral and Written Communication
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
OPERATIONS MANAGER, ABC COMPANY, ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Directed and coordinated daily operational business aspects focused on logistics, fleet maintenance, and customer service. Evaluated monthly P&L management data to measure goal achievement as well as to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement. Handled all aspects of delivery, sorted volume to staff properly, and adjusted routes to optimize workloads. Assumed full responsibility in completing all DOT certifications. Facilitated training to employees to develop their competencies and achieve the maximum level of potential. Regularly interfaced with customers to provide prompt responses to inquiries, as well as to address and resolve complaints under time constraints.
- Decreased warehouse employees from 30 people to 12 by elevating the productivity of each employees while ensuring strict compliance with the SOPs.
- Presided over a operation used to write the GMP for the division, which was recognized as the most efficient out of the three warehouses in the division.
- Initiated the implementation of new customer startups for sorting and deliveries.
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR, DEF COMPANY, ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Applied dynamic leadership talents in all aspects of warehouse operations focused on maintaining staff safety and loading of products. Primarily held responsible for addressing and resolving union grievances.
- Eliminated downtime and optimized workflow of trailers by working collaboratively with the Transportation Department.
- Decreased the amount of misloaded product on trailers by establishing and implementing procedures to ensure proper loading of trailers.
- Cost-effectively saved more than 20% in labor expenses and eliminated overtime by increasing personnel with two part-time employees.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER, GHI COMPANY, DEMING, NM
Displayed unsurpassed expertise in managing all facets of warehouse operations toward fulfillment of corporate goals and objectives. Held responsible for the supervision of warehouse personnel and facility in order to make timely and accurate shipping and receiving of products.
- Played a vital role in cutting labor cost by 50%.
- Significantly reduced damages and product waste by organizing all storage areas.
- Commended for instituting a FIFO program to avoid outdated product and ingredients.
- Served as a significant contributor in implementing the pre-staging area for trailer loading cutting load times by 75%.
PLANT MANAGER, JKL COMPANY, HATCH, NM
Presided over the construction of the business from ground up while ensuring compliance with food grade standards. Determined staffing requirements: hired and trained all supervisors, maintenance and labor personnel. Convened with government personnel for the two grants received.
- Instrumental in writing SOPs, processing standards, cleaning and maintaining schedules and HACCP plans.
- Earned distinction in the implementation of a program for traceability in case of a product recall.
- Obtained certifications and passed all third party inspections set up by the customer.
LOCAL SORT SUPERVISOR, MNO COMPANY, LAS CRUCES, NM
Supervised daily activities of package handlers and clerks to ensure that all assigned duties were accomplished safely and timely. Performed various responsibilities such as ordering supplies, dispatching drivers, and locating missing packages and rerouting them for prompt delivery. Built and cultivated long-term quality relationships with customers by addressing their concerns and problems.
- Recognized for achieving the #1 ranking within the district from being the worst in the district for pieces per hour and misdirect parcels.
- Optimized operational efficiency by effectively leading district conference calls and applying innovative strategies.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
PQR University, Las Cruces, NM: 2007-2010
ASSOCIATE IN ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEER
TV-I, Albuquerque, NM: 2003-2006
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
In-house training with Kenco Logistics and UPS
HACCP Certification and Sanitation Certification, American Institute of Baking, Chicago, IL
Certificate of Completion in Intensive Spanish Language, Fenix School of Language, Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico
Microsoft Office Suite | LXi | CorelDRAW | Photoshop | CADD | Routing Programs for UPS / Sysco / Kenco